Gil McLachlan - openly cheering for teams. Acceptable?

Remove this Banner Ad

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I think its ok, as long as he is barracking against Sydney.

The amount of whinging Sydney supporters are capable of hey?

They weren’t whining when they had Cola and were retaining players while signing guys like Tippett and Buddy on big deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They weren’t whining when they had Cola and were retaining players while signing guys like Tippett and Buddy on big deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They couldn’t beat us then and whinged.

Can’t beat us now and just find a different way to sook

They couldn’t beat us then and whinged.

Can’t beat us now and just find a different way to sook

When your gripe is the AFL CEO is in a Corporate Box with actors (one of who acts as Thor) in a Stadium called Marvel (which produces said movies), and one of the teams playing is wearing a Thor jumper, you don’t have to be real smart to work out why Gil might be in that box do you? I have read some stupid s**t on the MB, but this OP is up there.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Jul 30, 2012
Just behind you...
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tassie
Bloke called Chris loves the Dogs, takes his tourist mate to the footy, drinks beer and has a good time. His side gets up after almost losing, throws some high 5's. So what? Planty of celebs get dragged to the game have no idea what's going on, this was a bloke who enjoyed it.

Last edited:
No but that's a bloody outrage that is
It was over 10 years ago - after Fremantle had beaten Melbourne (?) at the MCG if my memory's correct.

I can't find any record of it online, but definitely remember it raised some eyebrows at the time.

Against the swans who benefited from Cola for years, yes, yes he can.

What benefit is that? The one where we attracted the best availabe forward available at the time when we were on top by offering an absurdly long contract ? Are you aggrieved that he didn't go to a lesser club at the time.

Think Richmond managed to get themselves a handy forward when his contract was up whilst being right up the top of the ladder. Lets ignore that though. Danger to Geelong it's all relative. Good players get to where they want to go. Swans had to take a massive risk to secure Franklin if you think it was purely cost of living allowance that got him there you are being very narrow minded.

It's all well and good for the CEO to do these publicity things but he needs to share it around a bit especially when he has a history of bias against the Swans. He doesn't care though and it's sad that in his position he makes no effort to be neutral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What benefit is that? The one where we attracted the best availabe forward available at the time when we were on top by offering an absurdly long contract ? Are you aggrieved that he didn't go to a lesser club at the time.

Think Richmond managed to get themselves a handy forward when his contract was up whilst being right up the top of the ladder. Lets ignore that though. Danger to Geelong it's all relative. Good players get to where they want to go. Swans had to take a massive risk to secure Franklin if you think it was purely cost of living allowance that got him there you are being very narrow minded.

Lynch's yearly salary is roughly the equivalent what you paid Tippett. The difference is you abused the COLA to add a Buddy on top of that.

It's all well and good for the CEO to do these publicity things but he needs to share it around a bit especially when he has a history of bias against the Swans. He doesn't care though and it's sad that in his position he makes no effort to be neutral.

This victim mentality from Swans fans is highly amusing. The AFL don't have it in for you, they just took away your leg up to bring you back to the same level as everyone else. I don't recall this many tears from Brisbane when the AFL did the same to them nearly a decade prior. :$

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Bloke called Chris loves the Dogs, takes his tourist mate to the footy, drinks beer and has a good time. His side gets up after almost losing, throws some high 5's. So what? Planty of celebs get dragged to the game have no idea what's going on, this was a bloke who enjoyed it.
Chris and Matt get 1st class flights, paid to celebrate , paid to drink said beers , liquid and nose, posts on Instagram

Gil is happy, I'd give high 5s also

Masher

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Marvel Stadium surface is terrible players could get seriously injured all the while Greedy Gill gets pay rises.

Gil you had all summer to fix the surface and you should pay 1 million dollar from your salary to fix it....you still get too much

You flaunted your Cola and it was a massive FU to the rest of the comp. i’m glad McGuire took you guys on and got it removed.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
E32CF31D-01F7-4D5E-B34E-A7EA78DB0838.jpeg

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams