Gil McLachlan - openly cheering for teams. Acceptable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
One of melbourne's biggest prats sucks up to film star, why would anyone expect anything different?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I think Gillian was barracking for himself and marvelling at how connected he is to party with a couple of Hollywood stars.
At least he didn’t wear that stupid cap.
Dear Diary

I have a dilemma , Tonight I get to meet Liam and Matt again. I liked Liam in Thor and Matt is just so dreamy. But what cap do I wear? My burberry cap would look so cool but I just think it might send the wrong message. I really really do like the spankboy cap. Andrew said it was really chic for the races. Oh wait my mustard jacket is at the dry cleaners. Hmm ok Gill harden up , just dont wear a cap. Hey thats so radical. Settled then , no cap

Dear Diary

I found out its Chris and Matt had his cap on and I didnt . I felt like a real prep kid again. The whole world hates me

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Pfft. Sooky south melbourne or Sydney fans, not sure which one it is. Got your COLA cut and can no longer rort the system as ‘bloods culture’. Maybe Hemsworth goes for the bulldogs? Maybe he was paid money to cheer for them wirh the guernsey and marvel promotion? Watch the footage again... McLachlan only high 5s when Hemsworth puts the hand towards him. You’re team sucked tonight....deal with it

When Thor puts up a hand for a high five its not smart to burn him and not resiprocate.

Could get ugly!

Yeah it's utterly disgusting he would be seen being thrilled about a Bulldogs win when he hasn't lifted a finger to help out the team he actually supports - St Kilda.
Time to give the Saints some benefits Gilligan

He shoehorned you in to Good Friday (ironically screwing the Dogs) and making it difficult for the slot to gain traction.

Shoehorned? We were finally given a marquee fixture. Don’t act like North Melbourne are deserving of the slot.

They are deserving of it, they were first to the table on good Friday nearly 20 years ago.

If your club wants a marquee fixture, they need to go out and get one. ANZAC eve wasn't used 5 years ago, applying the same thinking as that leads to empty slots the Sunday night before Easter Monday and Queen's Birthday. For some clubs it's easier to complain than be proactive and innovate though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 20, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's allowed to barrack for a team. He's a saints fan.
Maybe the OP needs to go back to school as his spelling is deplorable.

Jul 2, 2018
Somerset Tasmania
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Swan Districts FC WAFL
Late in the final quarter of the bulldogs game with the game on the line, the bulldogs kicked a goal to seal the game. The camera went to a shot of the AFL’s CEO celebrating and high fiving bulldogs fans.

Is this really appropriate for the CEO to be seen publically barricking for a team?

Obviously this is not the first time he has shown favouritism, (eg. his tea parties), is this just something that will always be the case?

Or would a CEO who was not as part of the boys club as the current one potentially lead to less outward shows of bias?

Or do you think it is fine for the AFL’s CEO to openly barrick for some teams and I’m making a mountain out of a molehill?
Youv'e got no idea McLachlan. I could run rings around you in running the AFL .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back