Rumour Gilbert McAdam arrested over domestic violence allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Former AFL star Gilbert McAdam is reportedly being investigated over an alleged assault.

The Herald Sun is reporting the 53-year-old was arrested after a woman was allegedly assaulted at a St Kilda home around 10:15PM.

McAdam is reportedly yet to be charged by police, but authorities confirmed to foxfooty.com.au an investigation is ongoing.

—————

I’m sure Bob and Andy will be completely impartial about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

That’s a shame.

I do enjoy Gilbert - and he was a great player.

However....when he was getting included in game coverage and such over the last couple of years...I don’t know...there was this horrible ‘performing black man’ vibe to it. Like he was there as some kind of exercise in inclusion but at the same time confined to a boundary line role with ‘the women’. They’d cross to him for something, and have a giggle as he attempted to contribute in his ‘brother/cuz/deadly’ style etc.

It was weird and just felt...off...

Am I alone in this thinking?

That’s a shame.

However....when he was getting included in game coverage and such over the last couple of years...I don’t know...there was this horrible ‘performing black man’ vibe to it. Like he was there as some kind of exercise in inclusion but at the same time confined to a boundary line role with ‘the women’. They’d cross to him for something, and have a giggle as he attempted to contribute in his ‘brother/cuz/deadly’ style etc.

I wouldn't have thought so; I thought the same.

That’s a shame.

Of course not, can hardly string a sentence together.

That’s a shame.

Gilly's a staaaaaarrrr

That’s a shame.

Definitely not, I actually felt a bit bad for him.

The standard of football commentary and 'special comments' in AFL in general is lacklustre, but ol Gilly takes it to another level.

That’s a shame.

Diversity hire

Definitely not, I actually felt a bit bad for him.

The standard of football commentary and 'special comments' in AFL in general is lacklustre, but ol Gilly takes it to another level.
yep – Glen Jackovich was awful, his biggest contribution was making that mouth-breathing sound that the mics would pick up and then butchering names like Pavalovich and stammering his way through pre-games. plenty of people let it go to their knees when they see the light go red on the camera. not really grounds for racism is it?

considering how many great footballers are Indigenous, how many are on 7 or Fox? definitely a lot more talent than Luke Darcy and Cameron Ling and a lot more actual football experience than Eddie McGuire and that Brayshaw dickhead. i think the last thing afl media has is a problem with 'diversity hiring' Aboriginal fellas. in fact i'd say there's a demographic who are far far more patronised despite grating voices and 0 presence...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn. The Marngrook Footy Show was the second best footy show on TV after The Front Bar and easily the best actual football discussion. That will get some second rate leader now, I suppose.
I thought that was cancelled?

That’s a shame.

Same, was a bit of a strange vibe about it.

I didn't mind him in the coverage, I thought at times rather than going over the top about him they could of let him just do his role. It seemed too artificial.

I am sure we will hear he has been going through a hard time and the industry needs to invest more money into life after football. I predict by tomorrow the industry will have 'wrapped it's arms around him'

Is it just me or has this gone mainly unnoticed for someone portrayed in the media as one of the best blokes going around?

There were a few news stories but not what I would of expected. I am guessing there is either nothing in it or very serious.
May have been different if he was dressed and photographed in drag when questioned by police. :p

Is it just me or has this gone mainly unnoticed for someone portrayed in the media as one of the best blokes going around?

There were a few news stories but not what I would of expected. I am guessing there is either nothing in it or very serious.
I’m guessing it’s another reason why it’s been so quiet.

Lol, the stories of the past month (Steven, Laidley and this) have been bigger than anything in the past 5 years. At this point I just feel numb to these stories after how weird everything became all of a sudden 2 months ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back