Gilbert Mcadam? Practical joke?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can honestly say that I have never watched the Marngrook Footy Show but a mate of mine who did said Mcadam pretty much made it unwatchable and was just hopeless in front of the camera.
I watched the game at a mates place on Sunday but thankfully we had the volume down enough that you could barely hear the commentators.

i don't care what anyone says, the show was unwatchable and akin to some of the pissheads in the ressies deciding to put a footy show together. the only reason it gained any traction and fanbase is unfortunately because of the blatantly obvious, which is patronising in itself

I'm happy for him to have a chance but he is bad and surely we don't see him again once the season has ended.

I get so nervous for him when he is on camera and sometimes halfway through a sentence it seems like he is just going to freeze up and i fear one time he won't be able to get another word out.

I find he doesn't add much insight (like a lot of boundary commentators) and is a bit incoherent, also can be hard to understand. Also took him about 10 mins after half time to work out Simpson did a hammy before half time

Whereas in most professions this could be thought of as a problem, in footy commentary it's considered to be compulsory.

Abbey is hot.
s-l300.jpg

I can't not see Adam McPhee every time I look at her. Genuine skeletor.

I love this guy. Complete fresh air from robot mould of same questions and answers in the media. Real, Down to Earth, funny and passionate. Given everyone else is a polished professional why cant we have this guy for a difference? Yes he will muck up but that is sort of what makes it interesting along with his passion and personal insight of a bonafide star.

I like him.
Comes across a laid back individual who doesn't mind making fun of himself and has no ego whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this guy. Complete fresh air from robot mould of same questions and answers in the media. Real, Down to Earth, funny and passionate. Given everyone else is a polished professional why cant we have this guy for a difference? Yes he will muck up but that is sort of what makes it interesting along with his passion and personal insight of a bonafide star.
Yep lets get more blokes who struggle to put a sentence together to talk on tv and the radio

I completely get the clarity of speech criticism but give me that + his genuine enthusiasm for what's good and refusal to instigate or fan the flames of bullshit drama, over the mega serious pros always looking for the story over what's happening in the game

I completely get the clarity of speech criticism but give me that + his genuine enthusiasm for what's good and refusal to instigate or fan the flames of bulls**t drama, over the mega serious pros always looking for the story over what's happening in the game
would be a great guest on a footy show every couple of weeks, seems like a genuine top character who has a joke.

But he is out of his depth as a boundary rider imo

He was on SEN saying there's probably family curses on the families of those who put the guardrails into Uluru. Apparently this wasn't offensive at all . . . . To suggest that anyone in those families who got cancer or committed suicide, or whatever, deserved it on some level should at least get some pushback or a withdrawal from the radio hosts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back