Gilbert Mcadam? Practical joke?

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
I'm not a fan of the guy at all. There's little between the ears and he's very inarticulate. However, what really did it for me was his reactionary rant to the comments made by Matt Randell a few years back.

Jason Mifsud has a lot to answer for, but Gilbert clearly saw this as an opportunity to publicly slam a "white fella" instead of actually trying to understand the comment in context.

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I find he doesn't add much insight (like a lot of boundary commentators) and is a bit incoherent, also can be hard to understand. Also took him about 10 mins after half time to work out Simpson did a hammy before half time

Since when exactly are any of these traits disqualifiers for a gig calling the game?

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I find he doesn't add much insight (like a lot of boundary commentators) and is a bit incoherent, also can be hard to understand. Also took him about 10 mins after half time to work out Simpson did a hammy before half time
The funny part was he said Simpson was okay because he "had a chat to him" and Simpson gave him the "thumbs up". In reality Simpson had no idea what Gilly was mumbling on about and ":thumbsu:" seemed a lot more polite than "* off back to your plastic chair, campaigner"

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not a fan of the guy at all. There's little between the ears and he's very inarticulate. However, what really did it for me was his reactionary rant to the comments made by Matt Randell a few years back.

Jason Mifsud has a lot to answer for, but Gilbert clearly saw this as an opportunity to publicly slam a "white fella" instead of actually trying to understand the comment in context.
Gmab, Rendall was way out of line or incredibly ignorant.

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
Gmab, Rendall was way out of line or incredibly ignorant.
In hindsight, it was incredibly stupid to make the comment to Jason Mifsud. The comment was a throwaway line which was never given appropriate context until Rendell himself explained in on Footy Classified.

Jason Mifsud was more concerned about being included in the "I'm outraged" club than to actually give merit to Randell's point.

I don't think I recall one person in the media actually say, "you know what, maybe Matt actually had a point when he raised the attrition rate of indigenous players as particularly concerning." Nope!

But hey, it's the 21st century, where intelligent conversation is constantly hijacked by political correctness and, one wrong phrase said off the cuff and off the record, can cost you your career. 🙄

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
In hindsight, it was incredibly stupid to make the comment to Jason Mifsud. The comment was a throwaway line which was never given appropriate context until Rendell himself explained in on Footy Classified.

Jason Mifsud was more concerned about being included in the "I'm outraged" club than to actually give merit to Randell's point.

I don't think I recall one person in the media actually say, "you know what, maybe Matt actually had a point when he raised the attrition rate of indigenous players as particularly concerning." Nope!

But hey, it's the 21st century, where intelligent conversation is constantly hijacked by political correctness and, one wrong phrase said off the cuff and off the record, can cost you your career. 🙄

I don't think its intelligent conversion when you say you would not draft an Aboriginal player unless he had one white parent which Rendell said.It was clearly an old racist sterotype which is not true. And it potentially meant he was choosing white kids before black kids.The mondern day recruiters are nearly as bad regarding what they said about Sydney Stack.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I can honestly say that I have never watched the Marngrook Footy Show but a mate of mine who did said Mcadam pretty much made it unwatchable and was just hopeless in front of the camera.
I watched the game at a mates place on Sunday but thankfully we had the volume down enough that you could barely hear the commentators.

I think he's been pretty good - what do people expect? Give the bloke a go
So you like a bloke who struggles to speak coherently, is inarticulate, would be lucky to even know half the players & offers next to no insight?

Back