Gilham - dont write him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by ThePowerFromPort.com
As far as I know they haven't changed it yet but several people whinged about it when Harwood & Lockwood came to the Magpies so a change is probably on the cards to stop mid-season swapping.

I'm sure it's still possible, infact Useless Smith moved from the Magpies where he was lucky to get a game in the two's to Sturt earlier in the year, of course the fact that Smith just cant play never came into it;)

I'd like to see Gilham stick it out but if indeed he isn't getting a run in "his" position then the Power should move in.

Really Port (and Cows) should be able to give specific instructions to the SANFL coaches about where players they pick up are to play. If they then don't want those players I'm sure there are SANFL clubs who'd love to have AFL players in the making/fringe players who are generally fitter/faster/more skilled then the average SANFL player not on an AFL list.

He'll just have to get used to being used in different positions for the time being, he would at any club. He is an undersized player who I didn't expect to play league until later in the year, because of his size the coach can't always find the right match up for him in defense.

I don't think anyone is 'writing him off', I have been very impressed with his performances so far, sure he's going through a lean patch at the moment. It will be a test of his character to see how he responds if he is, as you say he is, disenchanted at North at the moment. I wasn't expecting him to line up for the power side until atleast 2005 but so far he is ahead of schedule in my opinion and his little grumble after a match is probably being blown a bit out of proportion by KD, talk of changing clubs is a little premature.

Originally posted by Zombie
talk of changing clubs is a little premature.
I don't think so. I think the main difference between Morgan and Thurstans' development is the club they're at. North Adelaide seems to be a black hole for imported AFL players.

.......... and his little grumble after a match is probably being blown a bit out of proportion by KD, talk of changing clubs is a little premature.

Ok, I do agree with most of what you said.

But let me clear things up with you. You werent there after the North game, so dont accuse me of blowing things out of proportion when you dont even know half of what was said. I'm sick of constantly being told I do this, which I dont, I give my exact and honest opinion and I quote the facts. I'm not having a go, I just wish people would stop accusing me of over-exaggurating. I do admit I went overboard with the Damon thing, but I was on a high. So to cut a long story short, will everybody just quit it?

And before I leave to go to training (and to provide one of my long overdue training reports for everybody's benefit), I wasnt suggesting he change clubs at this point in time. Just later on down the track if things really start to get out of hand and he cant settle.

KD, looking forward to one of your (yes it is bloody well long over due!) training reports. Usually makes interesting reading for those who cant get down there as often as we'd like, just dont blow anything out of proportion!!!!:D

Originally posted by Kid Dynamite!
Ok, I do agree with most of what you said.

But let me clear things up with you. You werent there after the North game, so dont accuse me of blowing things out of proportion when you dont even know half of what was said. I'm sick of constantly being told I do this, which I dont, I give my exact and honest opinion and I quote the facts. I'm not having a go, I just wish people would stop accusing me of over-exaggurating. I do admit I went overboard with the Damon thing, but I was on a high. So to cut a long story short, will everybody just quit it?

And before I leave to go to training (and to provide one of my long overdue training reports for everybody's benefit), I wasnt suggesting he change clubs at this point in time. Just later on down the track if things really start to get out of hand and he cant settle.

I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out that it is very possible that when you spoke to him what you interepreted as him being desperately depressed could simply have been him letting off steam. You pointed out that you weren't best mates with him or anything like that so I can only assume that you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two.

Don't take things so personally, I'm not having a dig, just suggesting the possiblity that things aren't as bad as you are suggesting. By the way what do you reckon the chances are of Damon White getting a call up in the next few weeks? I heard Nick Stevens was a big rap for him the other day on the radio when asked about who was doing well in the SANFL, I reckon he'll get special treatment with the Power and could get a game before the likes of Morgan.

Originally posted by Eago77
KD, looking forward to one of your (yes it is bloody well long over due!) training reports. Usually makes interesting reading for those who cant get down there as often as we'd like, just dont blow anything out of proportion!!!!:D

I'm looking forward to getting out to a few training sessions in Darwin in the near future..............:D

By the way what do you reckon the chances are of Damon White getting a call up in the next few weeks? I heard Nick Stevens was a big rap for him the other day on the radio when asked about who was doing well in the SANFL, I reckon he'll get special treatment with the Power and could get a game before the likes of Morgan.

Personally I'd have White in the side before I had Morgan in the side, but that doesnt mean he'll get a call up in the next few weeks. Who would he replace? If we lose one of our key forwards or key backmen (tall ones) I'd think he could come under consideration. White is a lot more versatile than Morgan, he can play down back and up forward, specifically at the CHB/CHF positions.
There's something that makes me rate White well ahead of Morgan, but I cant put my finger on it. The way the Power selectors board are working at the moment would see Morgan come into the side ahead of White, and thats fair enough.

Why is it that I get the feeling Morgan's missed the boat as far as our side's concerned?

For ****s sake, speaking to him after the game he was so down in the dumps, he was quiet and it was obvious he was reflecting on what had happened. Thats not the Gilly I know. Usually he's happy go lucky, win or lose, but yesterday he looked like he'd just walked out of a funeral.

Darel Hart - you disgust me. First, you decide to rip him from one position to another so its a constant juggling act. What the **** do you hope to achieve? And then you go and drag him for an ENTIRE HALF OF FOOTBALL, just because he dropped a mark! Adam Morgan was dropping marks, he could hardly hold onto the leather to save his life, but did he get dragged!? NO!

"All I can say to North supporters is that the coach takes all the responsibility." - D. Hart, Advertiser, 8/6/03

You're damn right you're taking all the responsibility. I may not be a North supporter, but crikey, will someone give that bloke the boot!?

Like I said - please dont write Gilly off. He has the heart of a lion and plenty of football ability, but being in a negative, non-supportive environment isnt helping his development

I dont think this thread is worthy of a friend, i know i definately wouldn't want a mate of mine getting on the internet stirring the pot and having people making oppinions of me. i think you should of just let it be instead of making your point felt, it wont make him play any better and wont change a coaches decision. its not your place to get on here and bag a mates coach!!!!!

Originally posted by Bomber12
I dont think this thread is worthy of a friend, i know i definately wouldn't want a mate of mine getting on the internet stirring the pot and having people making oppinions of me. i think you should of just let it be instead of making your point felt, it wont make him play any better and wont change a coaches decision. its not your place to get on here and bag a mates coach!!!!!

Its not your place to tell me what to do, either.

I'll be critical of whoever I damn well please, and I'll put my opinions across if I bloody well want to. I never said you had to come here and read it. And I NEVER said this was going to change the way D. Hart manages the playing group, so stop pulling **** out of your arse, thanks.

Originally posted by Kid Dynamite!
Its not your place to tell me what to do, either.

I'll be critical of whoever I damn well please, and I'll put my opinions across if I bloody well want to. I never said you had to come here and read it. And I NEVER said this was going to change the way D. Hart manages the playing group, so stop pulling **** out of your arse, thanks.

Look out :D I know guys who play AFL and im realy good mates with them ;) gee even been Teamates but i know that they would be preety dirty on me if i was to speak publicly and this is a public forum about them, Weather it be personaly or about there games watever i think the guys appreciate it when the pressure cooker is taken of them.
With Gilly the kid is a fair freak and i would think that he would be progressing a hell of alot better at Melbourne based club, he is better than what some people think and from what i hear he isnt giving himself justice to Port supporters to show just how good he is, would be happy to see him in Melbourne he does have alot of talent actually i would call him a fair freak :D

cheers

geez, KD was just trying to express her views on her friend... she is just trying to help .. leave off her a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back