• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Blokes sitting at home in their underpants with a sauce stain 'yeah 1.2 billion for the tv rights was about par, I probably could have got 1.3'
Dead certain I could have though

WillHayward

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Blokes sitting at home in their underpants with a sauce stain 'yeah 1.2 billion for the tv rights was about par, I probably could have got 1.3'

Do you seriously think hacks like McLachlan and Demetriou are capitalist heroes and business masterminds?
Give me a break.

The AFL makes money based on the 120 years of cultural history. It is a cultural monopoly.

Do you think the current Pope is Bill Gates because the Catholic church owns billions in property? Of course not.
A pedo who shits his pants could be Pope and the Catholic church would still own billions in property.

Same for the AFL.

An underpant shitting bloke COULD make 1 billion TV rights.
Why?
Many years of ingrained cultural history.

Do you think the AFL invented footy?
They were getting crowds over 100,000 over 100 years ago mate.

FFS. AFL in Melbourne is a cultural and religious phenomenon and monopoly.

Hacks like McLachlan and Demetriou pretending they are capitalist masterminds is a massive joke.

What irks me even more is when they say "it competitive landscape with other codes" to try and make out they are some type of business gurus.

What horse s**t.

That is like the archbishop of Rome saying he is experiencing competition from sikhs and mormons in Rome.
No. No is he isnt.

If the AFL went over to London and Manchester and knocked the EPL of its perch or went to Houston and knocked the NFL off its perch - then yes - they would be capitalist masterminds. But that is so far from ever happening it's not funny.

Let's get real. The AFL cant even compete with the NRL in Brisbane and Sydney and the NRL is a s**t tin pot mickey mouse comp.

Last edited:

Under his watch standards have slipped so far that clubs like Richmond and the Dogs have "won" premierships. Joke.

Still offended the standards haven't dropped enough for North to even get close yet?

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Pretty ok!

Equilisation measures have been great.
AFLW Huge sucess. 14.2% participation in females picking the ball up, Intangibles means there isnt that stigma of girls playing AFL anymore, Still will be about 20% of the population who are dense tossers, however the growth is huge
He kind of took over in where Dimi had just let the horse bolt, and was in a lot of s**t, he's navigated it pretty well

Negatives
-Rule changes
-Marvel Stadium

Look, Gil has kind of corrected the ship, kicked a winner with the huge push for AFLW however its not brilliant stuff. Andy D was ******* woeful. Gil is hardly setting the world on fire but as a poster put it in, When you have 3 states absolutely passionate about a product it's hard to * up. Which honestly Andy D almost did

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Do you seriously think hacks like McClachlan and Demetriou are capitalist heroes and business masterminds?
Give me a break.

The AFL makes money based on the 120 years of cultural history. It is a cultural monopoly.

Do you think the current Pope is Bill Gates because the Catholic church owns billions in property? Of course not.
A pedo who shits his pants could be Pope and the Catholic church would still own billions in property.

Same for the AFL.

Why?

Hacks like McClachlan and Demetriou pretending they are capitalist masterminds is a massive joke.

I'm not reading this

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Think the OP missed one...

1555603758627.png

dickballsack

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you seriously think hacks like McClachlan and Demetriou are capitalist heroes and business masterminds?
Give me a break.

Same for the AFL.

Why?

Hacks like McClachlan and Demetriou pretending they are capitalist masterminds is a massive joke.
Can you quickly explain to me how a comp that “makes money based on 120years of cultural history and is a cultural monopoly” that “were getting crowds over100,000 over 100 years ago went broke in 1986?

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
What Gill has done commercial for the AFL is a tick.
But the foundations of the game its self though rule changes have put the game in a worse shape going foward. To be honest, I'm not sure our sport will be around in 100 years time. I don't think it will last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack2Jack

Club Legend
May 3, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
The standard of the game is the worst it's been in a long time. The standard of umpiring is absolutely shambolic.
Most of this is on the back of constant knee-jerk & poorly thought-out rule changes, the AFL completely butcher 3 rules changes to every 1 they get right. (At least they used to actually trial most the rules changes preseason over a couple years before bringing them in).
Couldn't really give a rats toss-bag if the AFL is making $1.1 billion or $1.3 billion, care about the product I'm seeing on the field....which has definitely starting deteriorating under this Muppet, particularly the in last 3-4 seasons.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
I will never trust a tall, good-looking man with great hair to run an organization. You just know he's breezed through life, everyone telling him he's so clever, as he wanders from one stuff-up to another. I want my leaders to be short, ugly ****s who had to fight life for everything. They get results.
good looking? you need specsavers my friend

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
He is a disgrace!Sex scandals, au pares, drugs, AFLX shambles, Match review,the list goes on, how does he survive? The fans are the custodians of the game not this bloke.Therefore the fans should be treated accordingly and be given some respect by the AFL.

Back