Society/Culture Gillette suggests most of its customers are sexist, predatory, bullies. Good idea?

Remove this Banner Ad

If they were looking for men who were the 'best a man can be' by helping women, there's many examples that they could have picked from.

Eugen Bogdan Aburel - one of a number of men who contributed towards the development of epidural anaesthetic that allowed women to have pain free childbirth.​
Prof. John Rock - played a major role in the development of the birth control pill, that allowed women to freely have sex without risk of pregnancy.​
Dr Earle Haas - the inventor of the tampon with an applicator. It allowed women to hygienically take care of menstruation whilst wearing their usual clothes and continuing with normal activity, including sport.​
Patrick Steptoe and Robert Edwards - who pioneered the use of IVF to enable infertile women to conceive and have children.​
Ferdinand Adolf Kehrer and Max Saenger - they developed the caesarean section method of surgery to deliver babies - that dramatically reduced the mortality rate of women during in childbirth.​
Wallace Carothers who invented Nylon, and Ernest G. Rice who invented a design for pantyhose - so that women could hide physical features on their legs such as blemishes, bruises, scars, hair, spider veins, or varicose veins.​

How many of your typical blokes will still care about this ad in a week or two and be affecting Gillette sales vs the ongoing spike from female purchases?

It’s not unlike fighting with the wife, next day Ive ususlly forgotten about it yet she can remember minute details from arguments years ago.

I stopped buying Gillette s**t ages ago - ******* rip off, and, oddly, their fancy razors gave me ingrown hairs; where as disposables don’t.

If I hadn’t, I probably would stop now.

This is lifestyle magazine level type bullshit.

An alpha male is a confident, dominant male, and muscles are not required.

The Merriam Webster dictionary defines it as:

View attachment 613887

The Cambridge Dictionary defines it as:

View attachment 613888

It is a biological term, referring to dominant males. Humans consist of males, and some of them are dominant. The discussion ends there.
And yet, if you tidy your room you have a shot at becoming Alpha.

We can all be Alpha. What happens then? Invent a new title like Double Alpha Plus?

I think it’s more about just having a sense of value to yourself, and society.

You really hate JBP, huh? :D

Toxic feminism doesn't care about achievements of the past, the score resets to minus one every new morning and every step forward.

It is funny when you look at the times women were ‘oppressed’ - at least in Christian/Western societies.

I’d rather be an oppressed women in the Middle Ages than out somewhere starving and freezing before having my ******* arm hacked into with a blunt sword, and dying from infection.

Strength is correlated to survival
I'm curious, please confirm or refute the idea that women appreciate the dad bod. Is it acceptable, or even desirable, amongst yourself and women you speak to? Unsure whether I should go to the gym or the pub today to maximise my chances of success.
Putin is probably the most dominant single man on the planet and he is short fat, not good looking but extremely cunning and intelligent. Intelligence is the strongest trump card.
This is what peak performance looks like. I may have to emulate for my tinder profile pic.

Jhorse3-660x330.jpg

Attachments

• 52B6A488-C01D-4A6E-9C93-F6B25A7ABAEF.jpeg
    52B6A488-C01D-4A6E-9C93-F6B25A7ABAEF.jpeg
    708.2 KB · Views: 38

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true that you have a piece dedicated to each of the mods, and have them do battle with ones dedicated to each of your most disliked posters? :eek:

Can I see the FK soldier??
I didn’t want to break it to you like this but... it’s not a soldier.

I'm curious, please confirm or refute the idea that women appreciate the dad bod. Is it acceptable, or even desirable, amongst yourself and women you speak to? Unsure whether I should go to the gym or the pub today to maximise my chances of success.

This is what peak performance looks like. I may have to emulate for my tinder profile pic.

View attachment 614104
The dad bod is a security blanket. He makes you look slimmer by comparison, he is warm and soft to lay on, he enjoys a night out and a night in. The dad bod is a guy who says yes to food and drink when you want someone to validate your decision to do that. That's the attraction.

Totally ripped guys are great, I've been with a couple at their peak of athletic ability and aside from niggles/injuries they are overflowing with strength, confidence and it is a highly sexually charged environment. They also have every other girl looking at them and you're not there all the time. He is obsessive with his body and his work, you feel pressured to be in elite shape too but he doesn't say it out loud.

The ideal is the man in the dad bod in the ripped body. I prefer being the sexier one in the relationship, but I like him wanting me slightly more than I want him.

I'd rather have sex with the fit buff guy. I'd rather he had the attitude of the dad bod, but that attitude will lead to a dad bod anyway.

I think guys should run, gym, get fit and strong. I'd prefer that.

Having just spent a few hours at a birthday drinks at a bar with “ripped” guys talking about how many Voltaren they down just to get out on the sports field, or even just out of bed, it doesn’t seem like an attractive lifestyle.

Last edited:
Thing is though that even though many women claim to love the dad bod, they still probably fell for lots of gym dudes like that from 16 - 25 and validated the lifestyle of those males.

Those people are usually aggressive personalities as well, which is good because most young women still want to be chased and approached first.

What men do is still dictated by what works to attract women in the flesh. The bad boy stereotype is still kicking.

Sent from mTalk

Question is, why do those that want to change not see that this is ingrained mammalian behaviour?

Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning "neanderthal" or "bad boy" stereo types but trying to reverse natural instincts (like women being attracted to these types) I would've thought is futile.

Question is, why do those that want to change not see that this is ingrained mammalian behaviour?

Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning "neanderthal" or "bad boy" stereo types but trying to reverse natural instincts (like women being attracted to these types) I would've thought is futile.

It is.

The expectation is still on men to change though. The expectation is never on women to not have sexual relations with douchbags.

The dad bod is a security blanket. He makes you look slimmer by comparison, he is warm and soft to lay on, he enjoys a night out and a night in. The dad bod is a guy who says yes to food and drink when you want someone to validate your decision to do that. That's the attraction.

Totally ripped guys are great, I've been with a couple at their peak of athletic ability and aside from niggles/injuries they are overflowing with strength, confidence and it is a highly sexually charged environment. They also have every other girl looking at them and you're not there all the time. He is obsessive with his body and his work, you feel pressured to be in elite shape too but he doesn't say it out loud.

The ideal is the man in the dad bod in the ripped body. I prefer being the sexier one in the relationship, but I like him wanting me slightly more than I want him.

I'd rather have sex with the fit buff guy. I'd rather he had the attitude of the dad bod, but that attitude will lead to a dad bod anyway.

I think guys should run, gym, get fit and strong. I'd prefer that.
Thanks for the insight. Hopefully I'm on the right path with my "best of both worlds" philosophy then. A bit of extra muscle from the gym, a bit of extra belly from beer and burgers. A 100% strict diet and lifestyle isn't my jam.

The women working in adult movies are typically quite slim. Same same.
While in some cultures large women are more sought after as mates.

To take it to an obvious tangent -

The idea that evolutionary biology is the sole path for “natural” human behaviour is silly and unscientific.

It ignores cultural transmission as a strong force in behaviour change.

Entertaining podcast:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00026xq

An argument that calls bullying the only natural dominant behaviour is ignoring myriad observed behaviours and cultures which are examples to the contrary.

And the complaints from biological dominance hangers on that they are being bullied by PC culture are pretty funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back