Society/Culture Gillette suggests most of its customers are sexist, predatory, bullies. Good idea?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,053
In fairness, that woman shaving her legs has quite a tough time of it. I don't have anywhere near the..complexity... that she is faced with and still manage to knick myself near my ankles and knees.

Anything to make that better, good thing.

A pretty big deal you could say

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In fairness, that woman shaving her legs has quite a tough time of it. I don't have anywhere near the..complexity... that she is faced with and still manage to knick myself near my ankles and knees.

Anything to make that better, good thing.

A pretty big deal you could say
I think they were using her to promote their new, INDUSTRIAL line of shavers. ;)

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
Thread starter #1,061
Yeah they do, as you have by putting date in quotation marks, implying it isn't dating. This is common from posters such as yourself who have deeply ingrained bias towards asian women.

Why date your typical Western woman who looks like that, when you can date a woman who looks great, is better educated and more financially secure?

A lot of guys out there need to set their standards higher, much higher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CheapCharlie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
Thread starter #1,071
The 'western women are fat banshees and asian women are hot' thing is pretty base.
I don't think asian women are given enough respect by many posters on BF. You only have to look at the implication that if you date asian women you are taking advantage of them.
One poster implied in another thread that i was involved in trafficking women simply because i spent 8 years travelling and working there. This is despite dating highly qualified professionals.
Comments and attitudes such as those are a slap in the face for millions of women, and when those attitudes are coming from left centred posters, i draw a conclusion they need to have a goo long look at themselves

I give you this screenshot below as evidence of the snigger snigger attitude.
Notice that the quote of my original comment has been changed to include inverted commas around 'date'

Are the same people who liked this post the same people who have been defending the Gillette ad on the basis that all women deserve respect?
Perhaps they are subconsciously blinkered by which women should be given full respect?

quote1.PNG

Soft Downhill Skier

2008-2010 wasn't me.
AFL Club
GWS
Are the same people who liked this post the same people who have been defending the Gillette ad on the basis that all women deserve respect?
Perhaps they are subconsciously blinkered by which women should be given full respect?
You mentioned a typical Western woman (after her obesity was brought up), and described 'Asian women' in opposition to that.

The comments are clearly pointing to your pretty base 'Western women are fat, asians are thin and pretty' ********.

Top Bottom