Society/Culture Gillette suggests most of its customers are sexist, predatory, bullies. Good idea?

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I only really watch the abc and bbc for news.....oh and (us)fox for the lols, and the only paper i read in Aus was the Age.
Anyway I cant really remember the last time I heard of a man being raped and killed by woman whilst walkiing alone in Australia.
Can give you a few examples of it happening rather recently the other way around though, but i trust you dont live under a rock and have also heard of them....well hopefully anyway, although you might just dismiss it as "fake news"

I don't care.

Because I have thicker skin? :)

Your thickness is patently obvious. You have superpower levels of thickness.

The stats say that men are far more likely to be the victim of a violent attack.
yeah, from other men.
the stats also say that men commit more crime, are more likely to suffer from mental illness, less likely to be killed by their (heterosexual) partner
and so on.

Im not some lefty feminist, very much a pragmatic centrist.

I just find it amazing how precious so many guys are getting about this ad, particularly because the ones who seem soooo offended would be the same guys who would tell other groups of people to "harden up" and not be so offended by an advert or song or whatever.

Sure most guys are decent enough people, but there are a lot of psychos and creeps out there...a minority but there are still a lot of them. Ive worked in too many bars and clubs (in Aus and europe) and hospitals (Im a nurse) to see there are a fair amount of scumbags out there. (spiked drinks, unwanted sexual advances, 95% of all fights I ever saw in the hospitality industry are between males and so on)

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but the thing I find interesting about the Gillette ad was that I reckon if it was made just 5-10 years ago it would’ve been shouted down for portraying women as helpless people who need men to protect them. From what I’ve seen (which probably isn’t all that much) it seems that aspect of it just went through to the keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do obvious lefties always deny their leftyism? Own that s**t, m8.
Well Im a swing voter for one.
and here in sweden recently we had a music festival that banned men which i petitioned against, because it ludcris to shun a whole demographic of people from an event based on their skin colour, genitals or religion etc.

Will never accept a leftist tag, will never accept a right one. The world and its people are fluid, (eg: whats nationalist i ireland is very different to what is nationalist in serbia). It stupid to take a side and stick to it.

Stick to stats, logic, science and mostly compassion for your fellow humans.

fair enough, but what if there is something or someone hiding from your view? can you accept nasty surprises?
When we are talking about noise on a media level, if it happens often enough it becomes accepted.

You either challenge it or you're accepting it.

Why do obvious fascists deny their fascism?
Who? That incel fascist swine Jordy Petey? :p

But to answer, I guess they would deny it because fascism is seen by the vast majority as a negative thing to be shamed. But I don't see why so many lefties are seemingly ashamed of themselves and need to identify as centrist, or even centre-right in Bradesmaen's case. Or is it just a lack of insight?

Well Im a swing voter for one.
and here in sweden recently we had a music festival that banned men which i petitioned against, because it ludcris to shun a whole demographic of people from an event based on their skin colour, genitals or religion etc.

Will never accept a leftist tag, will never accept a right one. The world and its people are fluid, (eg: whats nationalist i ireland is very different to what is nationalist in serbia). It stupid to take a side and stick to it.

Stick to stats, logic, science and mostly compassion for your fellow humans.
Fair enough. Glad that you can see the good and bad on both sides. But tolerating life in Sweden and mentioning compassion as the most important factor still sounds super leftish.

As for the posts by you and many others decrying the outrage over the ad... what do you mean by "outrage"? I haven't seen anyone get hysterical or violent over it, as people do at the mere sight of a red Trump hat. The worst I can see is boycott plans, which isn't all that snowflakey. People make decisions every day about which organisations they choose to support.

Fair enough. Glad that you can see the good and bad on both sides. But tolerating life in Sweden and mentioning compassion as the most important factor still sounds super leftish.

As for the posts by you and many others decrying the outrage over the ad... what do you mean by "outrage"? I haven't seen anyone get hysterical or violent over it, as people do at the mere sight of a red Trump hat. The worst I can see is boycott plans, which isn't all that snowflakey. People make decisions every day about which organisations they choose to support.
Sounds like your definition of 'showflake' is as malleable as that of 'PC'

so its leftish to adore humanity...s**t i must have missed something. look up piers morgan if you want to see a full grown middle aged man lose his s**t about a poxy commercial...its quite sad really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back