Remove this Banner Ad

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Each head honcho has seemingly had a pet project they have got off the ground before departing..

Oakley - Move from VFL to AFL and the National competition
Jackson - Building of Docklands stadiums and relocating teams from suburban grounds to MCG & Docklands... I also refer to this as murdering the soul of footy.
Demetriou - GWS & GCS
Gillon - AFLW, China, AFLX... I suspect it will be AFLW will end up being his legacy, he will bed this down over the next few years and depart..

Who ever comes in next I suspect they will move the game away from the reliance on TV networks and into a more sustainable streaming model, similar to the way NBA league pass works.

Last edited:

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just this week alone:
* A rule interpretation change on the basis of Jack Riewoldt having a whinge about it
* The Bont escaping MRO sanction because the medical report of someone's FRACTURED LARYNX wasn't available until that eve
* The Jaidyn Stephenson farce, and
* Trialling the bunker system for 2 games in Rd23, and then fully implementing it for finals.

What an administration. A big week of farce even by their lofty standards.

EFA

Mate these are just quirks...

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Dug up this article from last year from Gil re Lynch...worth a read.

While he does mention he likes the romance of players being a 1 club player, he goes on to say it's Tom's decision, that he has no issues with players moving clubs, that the ambassadorial money won't hinge on whether he stays on GC or not and that the impact of one player at a club is overstated.

Um did he say any of those things when talking about Coniglio? No.

In fact he was must stronger in his language the other way, saying 'i'll be explicit - I want him to stay up there (at GWS)', that he would be 'disappointed' if he left, appealed to him as a 'leader up there' that he should stay and that his advice was 'it wasn't a given' that he will leave.

What ******* bulls**t. Talk about inequality and hypocrisy.

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His the highest paid sports administrator in the country but is unbelievably incompetent at his job if he was the ceo of a large company with a proper operating board he would have been fired a long time ago !

Based on what ?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I feel like this too.

Coz you grow up with it and I dunno about you but Im just always thinking who have we got next... hope we win... hope we get this goid kid for next year etc it never ends.

Its basically impossible to walk away from now. It would probably re-invent my whole being.

It would feel so forced too because Id be deliberately avoiding results/radio/tv/people talking about it.

Id have to make a bunker to live in and grow my own food and drink my piss.

So I guess..

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you are growing your own food in this scenario then you must have a water supply - so the urine drinking bit would be purely for kicks I guess

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Gill is an elite operator with deftness of touch that the game will miss when he’s gone.

On his watch:

Taken the threat of head injuries seriously
First female field umpire
Midseason draft
Live trading in the draft
Consolidation of the game in non-traditional markets (Brisbane’s rise up the ladder and GWSs consistency)
Improved aesthetics of the game (more space, fewer tackles)

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Gill is an elite operator with deftness of touch that the game will miss when he’s gone.

On his watch:

Taken the threat of head injuries seriously
First female field umpire
Midseason draft
Live trading in the draft
Consolidation of the game in non-traditional markets (Brisbane’s rise up the ladder and GWSs consistency)
Improved aesthetics of the game (more space, fewer tackles)
I think we found Gil's alias account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

On his watch:

Taken the threat of head injuries seriously - Hardly groundbreaking
First female field umpire - A great feel good story, but hardly anything to hang you hat on... especially as she is well below par as an umpire
Midseason draft - Hard to call a success just yet, a couple of okay games from finge players is nothing to right home about.
Live trading in the draft - Innovative, and making the draft an entertainment product has been worthwhile.
Consolidation of the game in non-traditional markets (Brisbane’s rise up the ladder and GWSs consistency) - Gold Coast says hiii. If he manages to get Tassie off the ground that will be something to be proud of.
Improved aesthetics of the game (more space, fewer tackles) - Surely you are taking the micky with this..

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
True fact: if Gil’s tenure wasn’t in the ultra critical 24 hour over-exposed FoX Footy-SEN-Gerard Whately-Robbo infused media fishbowl of today he would be respected.

He’s preserved what makes the game great while having a crack at growing it. Has it all worked? No. But at least it’s been ambitious with a future vision in mind.

If people want to hate him for the polo, aupair deal and giving his annoying brother a gig that affords him a nice Docklands penthouse, that is what it is but at least acknowledge you were always going to feel that way.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep, the AFL has twisted themselves in so many knots that they are throwing money at clubs to counter their pro Melbourne bias.

Its stupid, because there is no problem if four teams are culled from Melbourne. Players will go to clubs outside of Melbourne, but not when the AFL props up clubs like Carlton and Saints, allowing them to draft and purchase players they can't recruit and can't afford otherwise.

So don't bitch about the interstate clubs getting a leg up please.
What the * are you smoking

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
True fact: if Gil’s tenure wasn’t in the ultra critical 24 hour over-exposed FoX Footy-SEN-Gerard Whately-Robbo infused media fishbowl of today he would be respected.

He’s preserved what makes the game great while having a crack at growing it. Has it all worked? No. But at least it’s been ambitious with a future vision in mind.

If people want to hate him for the polo, aupair deal and giving his annoying brother a gig that affords him a nice Docklands penthouse, that is what it is but at least acknowledge you were always going to feel that way.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

While your throwing up in your mouth 85,000 people are coming from tonight’s game. Over 200,000 going to bed looking forward to going to footy tomorrow. Countless millions organising their weekend around what time their team is playing.

The mutual continual obsession both mass consuming and agonising the state of the game could not be more contradictory and tiresome.

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
While your throwing up in your mouth 85,000 people are coming from tonight’s game. Over 200,000 going to bed looking forward to going to footy tomorrow. Countless millions organising their weekend around what time their team is playing.

Countless, Gil? It’s Australia (excluding the NRL heartland you’re trying to buy): I could count the millions on my fingers and maybe toes.
Luckily for you, you have people who can handle the bigger numbers. Like the amount of fat ambassadorial cash you’ll pay Coniglio to stay at your money pit in western Sydney. That number I’d imagine would be significant.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
If Coniglio is an ambassador than at least he’ll be required to go to clinics and promote the game. All that I hope is it’s more than what Chris Judd got to be a clerical officer for Visy back in the day.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Coniglio is an ambassador than at least he’ll be required to go to clinics and promote the game. All that I hope is it’s more than what Chris Judd got to be a clerical officer for Visy back in the day.

Oh come on, I have it on good authority juddy used to spend the working week down at visy hq making coffees for everyone and doing the photocopying

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
gillon[2].jpg
mach2[1].jpg

As I have said before the fooker on the left should be AFL boss. The fooker on the right well he is just
a synthetic material made from a wide range of organic polymers such as polyethylene, PVC, nylon, etc., that can be moulded into shape while soft, and then set into a rigid or slightly elastic form..Therefore the plastic fooker has to go straight to landfill no recycle for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back