Roast Gillon Mclachlan - Get rid of this tool, please

Remove this Banner Ad

Gil's laughing his arse off at all you tools.

Complain and whinge but please take my money.
No its people like you he's laughing at who pay to go to games and eating pies and drinking grog adding to his pension fund, and don't forget that punt you have with his bookie mates.
I live overseas mate and i see the games the free to air on TV where i live.

No its people like you he's laughing at who pay to go to games and eating pies and drinking grog adding to his pension fund, and don't forget that punt you have with his bookie mates.
I make a point of not giving the AFL a cent. I avoid their media partners who peddle drivvel.
The AFL, is as they have stated, in the entertainment industry - as long as punters pay to watch the circus they could not care less about integrety and other issues

But aren't they reinvesting the money back in to grassroots? There's a reason auskick costs $100 a year and dancing costs thousands. It's not like the profits are lining the pockets of the shareholders. I understand that the business savvy operators want to make as financially sound a product as possible, but I'm not sold on the motives that some people are putting up on here.

AusKick would for the most part would use council owned grounds, dancing would have to rent privately owned, indoor premises. There's probably 100s of 1000s of kids taking part in AusKick which would be run by volunteers. Dancing would be in the 1000s and more than likely have a paid instructor and every time you go somewhere, you have to buy a new outfit.

All clubs get tickets already & most sell them off, its a money grab.

Yep, I'm sure I read a few years ago that it's North Melbourne's biggest money spinner for the year. They package them up with the GF breakfast. A lot of the clubs have followed suit now. They package them up with a 4th rate celebrity, a cover band, a few bangers on the bbq and some soggy coleslaw.

Weird rant.

Gil is a tool and needs to go but not for the reasons you say.

You whinge about the grand final being at the G and act as though the corporate tickets issue would be limited to the MCG. That’s just bulls**t. You host the grand final somewhere else and you’ve got even more genuine footy fans locked out, while a heap of corporate tickets still get sold.

You can whinge all you like about corporates having a hold of heaps of tickets. It’s never going to change. We are well and truly past that point and have been for years. Money talks in every sport I can think of these days. It sucks that footy has become like this but nothing is going to change. It could be worse we could be like the Super Bowl which has been turned into a ridiculously expensive event that costs an arm and leg to attend.

How many MCC and AFL members attended the GF?

22,500 MCC spots were available last year. 13,000 reserved seats from a ballot, 8,500 walk ups and 1,000 standing room.

20,000 AFL members

5,000 Medallion Club members.

That's somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000 right there. How many would be prepared to get gouged on airfares to fly over to Perth and attended a GF at Optus, particularly if their team isn't playing?

I understand that Oputs has stadium memberships themselves but in a very limited number, iirc, something like 1,400 @ $6,000 per year and you had to pay 5 years up front. There is now a lengthy waiting list.

That perfectly illustrates how rotten the AFL is and how flawed their priorities are. It would be such an easy thing to fix.

There are people who will invest decades of their lives and spend tens of thousands of dollars on their chosen club. The whole point of that is hoping to one day see a flag, there's no reason, other than AFL headquarters abject greed and contempt for ordinary supporters, why such a small number of tickets should be available.

It's why the AFL and state government legislation about scalpers rings very hollow indeed- the AFL scalps its own product on a huge scale and at margins which are directly responsible for desperate people heading to Gumtree or Viagogo. The only difference is Kevin_58 from Prahrain probably won't charge you $1500 and force you to eat a plate of scrambled eggs before handing over the tickets he's scalping.

The first Victorian politician of any persuasion who legislated for a hard 75% allocation of tickets to the grand final to be sold at reasonable prices to ordinary fans would get overwhelming support.

Yep, the bleedin' obvious, but central to the GF is the MCC, in Melbourne politicians that arent members are wanna be members. The Govt has appointed the MCC to manage the G, & they do a good job for the benefit opf its members, not the owners of the ground.

At the recent stitch up of the GF until 2057, the Govt threw loan guarantees at the MCC for future work & made noises about the seating for the public, words only but they know its a problem.
The Greens have been active on the issue in recent years.

The AFL needs to reduce the size of the AFLs members area for the GF, only those members who nominate the clubs in the GF should be allocated seats, the balance of that area should go to members of competing sides.

Its history but the VFL tried to get itself free of the MCC, they failed, the AFL continue to strengthen their hold on footy, a bloody cricket club!!

go protest at AFL house then.
not a jab, the (seemingly) vast majority of footy fans disagree with the way the league is run - but the league faces no consequences cos it's not that simple boycotting your club.
they are so out of touch and obsessed with being Australia's premier league that fans are consistently put last on the hierarchy of needs.

How about buy a club 11 home game membership, the money goes to the club and then only attend those home games. Boycott all away games.

Yep, all grounds, I agree. Why not?

Will that be the last post you make under that username Ricketz? Seems to be the case. Is the post below (from a different thread) the reason?

I like ricketz

Anyone that has the balls to name themselves after a disease is alright in my book

Come back mate. It was a only a joke. :)

Last edited:

1. Is he drunk? Can barely string a sentence together.

2. Does he even give two s**ts? Sounds like a fifteen year old being forced to clean his bedroom.

3. Does he even know what his job is? His response to the priority pick for GCS was abysmal.

4. Does he realise his Melbourne centric bias is causing some real discontent outside of Melbourne? The revelation that Saints are being propped up to the tune of a starter club is amazing. Melbourne clearly cannot sustain the number of teams they have, it's time for a cull Gill - especially when you have to rob Geelong of home final advantage to get them to watch the game.

Does he even care that his lies are transparent? Home finals at the mcg are about the fans? Bulls**t, more than half the tickets go to sponsors. Bulls**t, because he doesn't give a s**t about female supporters or players. This after saying reducing the fixture would not be about equity, not about player welfare, but about media revenue.

Its time for a breakaway league, every other non-Melbourne club. Do it, and leave the 1.6 million Melbourne TV subscribers to enjoy their minnow clubs.

I tell you what, Optus, Adelaide Oval, the GABA and the SCG/Homebush would be fine hosts for a grand final.

He comes from a wealthy born to rule family of McLaclhans. There's a shitload of them it's like a disease. LNP in their back pocket one of the mates lke Jones and Bolt. The guy was a CEO before he even went to school.

Watching it, is consuming the product.

If you watch it, they're winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about buy a club 11 home game membership, the money goes to the club and then only attend those home games. Boycott all away games.
Membership numbers.

Attendances.

TV numbers.

These are the 3 things that prove in the AFL's eyes, that they're doing an awesome job.

Calling SEN with a tirade, starting a thread on here or complaining to your mates does absolutely * all.

If you watch it on TV, go to games or buy memberships - you are straight out supporting each decision the AFL makes.

Membership numbers.

Attendances.

TV numbers.

These are the 3 things that prove in the AFL's eyes, that they're doing an awesome job.

Calling SEN with a tirade, starting a thread on here or complaining to your mates does absolutely fu** all.

If you watch it on TV, go to games or buy memberships - you are straight out supporting each decision the AFL makes.
Well you can watch unless your tv is hooked up to the ratings agency

Get rid of GWS and GC plus the two least supported Melbourne clubs
Which ones are they? Do you just go by membership numbers?

Imagine if St Kilda was in your family for generations and then one day they just folded. No merger, they just disappear. Can’t see it happening, ever. The AFL wouldn’t let them get too badly in debt.

But if it did happen, where would all their supporters go? People call for clubs to be folded all the time, I read it on here all the time, but do they really think about what that would be like?

If Geelong folded, what would you do? Really, I want to know. Not having a go at you

Which ones are they? Do you just go by membership numbers?

Imagine if St Kilda was in your family for generations and then one day they just folded. No merger, they just disappear. Can’t see it happening, ever. The AFL wouldn’t let them get too badly in debt.

But if it did happen, where would all their supporters go? People call for clubs to be folded all the time, I read it on here all the time, but do they really think about what that would be like?

If Geelong folded, what would you do? Really, I want to know. Not having a go at you
If Geelong were to fold I'd probably just find another team to support or stop watching football all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back