Gillon McLachlan press conference - Simon Lethlean sex scandal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Filling out a form and having a chat with your boss is hardly jumping through hoops.

But this wasn't about disclosure and avoiding conflict of interest. Gil is taking a moral position on the nature of the relationship itself.

Gil
I can tell you there are relationships going on in my office. People know about them. There would be some between single people of the same age that people don't know about and that is not an issue for me.

"The issue here is around ... the relationship status of the men. They go to the fact the women were younger women in the organisation, it talks to their positions on the executive.​
He lists three things. Why did you only pick the first?

Can someone translate Leeda for me. Thanks.
Yes, The two poor young girls have been manipulated by these two brutish predators and will be scarred for life, compensation or some under table payment may ease some of their pain. In the meantime the two men involved will be transferred to an unknown land to serve out their life sentences.

Gill said...

"The issue here is around ... the relationship status of the men. They go to the fact the women were younger women in the organisation, it talks to their positions on the executive.

Gill should sack himself for using that horrible phrase, 'it talks to'.

What I find a bit strange is that there are two cases of this inappropriate behavior. I could understand one case, or one now and one some other time, or (a lot worse) four or five if it was a systematic cultural problem but two at the same time just seems a little strange to me :huh: Is this just coincidence or am I missing something (or is there more to this than we are being told).

Last edited:
God forbid we're all a bit nicer to one another.

Maaaate! Footy is about dominating! It's about taking your opponent and bending them over for a good hard one! All this gay stuff shouldn't even come into it!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still not sure why they had to resign

What rule or workplace policy have they broken .....

I have policy at my work,treat I can have sexual relations with clients.....I'm a drug counsellor and frankly err I wouldn't sleep with them but physchologists have sometimes slept with clients ....

Unless there a clear breech of policy then I wouldn't have reigned ...if they had sex at work ...hmm maybe that's a breach of its a policy

I,would have sent all parties away for three months to have a look at themselves but not sack them ....the money spent replacing them is a waste...have they done their job badly by doing what they did

My view won't be popular I know but I believe he hasn't done anything wrong bar being silly

If an offical or player drink drives and get caught and puts lives at risk ...he doesn't get fired...hodge ....Selwood speeding ....yet if they shag someone wrong they get fired .....

Sorry I have a real issue with that .....act one puts people at risk...act two is silly and yes hurts people ....but it won't kill anyone

I'm still not sure why they had to resign

What rule or workplace policy have they broken .....

I have policy at my work,treat I can have sexual relations with clients.....I'm a drug counsellor and frankly err I wouldn't sleep with them but physchologists have sometimes slept with clients ....

Unless there a clear breech of policy then I wouldn't have reigned ...if they had sex at work ...hmm maybe that's a breach of its a policy

I,would have sent all parties away for three months to have a look at themselves but not sack them ....the money spent replacing them is a waste...have they done their job badly by doing what they did

My view won't be popular I know but I believe he hasn't done anything wrong bar being silly

If an offical or player drink drives and get caught and puts lives at risk ...he doesn't get fired...hodge ....Selwood speeding ....yet if they shag someone wrong they get fired .....

Sorry I have a real issue with that .....act one puts people at risk...act two is silly and yes hurts people ....but it won't kill anyone

If that's really your question then it wouldn't have hurt to have read the rest of the thread where it's been discussed on nearly every page.

Must be a really slow footy news off-season if the Herald Sun are trying to milk this story again.

They held onto the story in tthe hope Lethlean got the Carlton CEO job... and released the story the day Lethlean didn't get the job.

Gutter Journalism IMO.

(But now we can sign him!)

Hs publishing texts about the afl stonewalling media enquiries about this story
EMAILS and text messages reveal inquiries were made with senior AFL figures about the Simon Lethlean sex scandal four months before he was forced to resign.

The Herald Sun has obtained detailed correspondence between a Sydney journalist and AFL media manager Patrick Keane, then-football boss Lethlean and his personal assistant 18 weeks before the league acted on the issue.

In pictures for those of us not interested in too many words:

6331bbf30f079acc8b374f2ab629c55a

36288a46eef86d32246f367e23643793

cac43dc2b6414c40d02ab7820c05b497

Remove this Banner Ad

Back