Gillon McLachlan press conference - Simon Lethlean sex scandal.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am trying to figure out what obligations the AFL has to answer those questions ?? Why the **** would you ??

I'd shut up shop too. Taunting tabloid bullshit. Weidler would want to hope he has no skeletons in his closet.

hmmm so what changed at the 18 week mark that Gill suddenly decided it wasn't worth circling the wagons anymore?

A well-aimed Caro-arrow? Or something internal?

I'd shut up shop too. Taunting tabloid bullshit. Weidler would want to hope he has no skeletons in his closet.
What organization would answer those questions, regardless of what stage an investigation was at. Massive lawsuit risk in even discussing it...

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am trying to figure out what obligations the AFL has to answer those questions ?? Why the **** would you ??

Do people consider they are entitled to full disclosure given Gils penchant to preach to us all, booing is racist (Goodesy), we support gay marriage.
Pies are cheaper at the G, thats Gils gig.
He did start promoting Lethlean for a new job the same time he showed him the door - not exactly convincing.

Whats that got to do with sex scandal lols?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I believe it is a contrast and comparison to what has traditionally been adjudged as "real news",

In this day of multimedia, 'journalists as personalities' and reality TV, we need to lower our expectations of what we expect from those we formerly regarded as news outlets.

I believe it is a contrast and comparison to what has traditionally been adjudged as "real news",

In this day of multimedia, 'journalists as personalities' and reality TV, we need to lower our expectations of what we expect from those we formerly regarded as news outlets.

It just sounds like whataboutism.

Why not just say that?

Because the article will get published anyway, with the line 'the Afl were contacted for comment, but declined' or similar.

As much as I think the whole situation was poorly handled, I don't blame the afl for not responding to this style of gutter article

Do people consider they are entitled to full disclosure given Gils penchant to preach to us all, booing is racist (Goodesy), we support gay marriage.
He did start promoting Lethlean for a new job the same time he showed him the door - not exactly convincing.

Some fair points, I think the whole situation was poorly handled, and it does stink of the typical afl wanting to have their cake and eat it too - which is standard.

This I suspect is an area where they would have been given advice to say nothing. At least til after..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some fair points, I think the whole situation was poorly handled, and it does stink of the typical afl wanting to have their cake and eat it too - which is standard.

This I suspect is an area where they would have been given advice to say nothing. At least til after..

Basically the rub of it (pardon the pun).

The AFL will always be chasing their tales because they want to be everything to everyone.

Basically the rub of it (pardon the pun).

The AFL will always be chasing their tales because they want to be everything to everyone.
no, they are merely reverse engineering their communications policy so they are to garner the greatest revenue and market share
the liberal and pc and feminist agenda, is the economic tail wagging the dog. they are required to do those things to build their consumer base. The sport, the football, is no longer a sport, it has become a business.

no, they are merely reverse engineering their communications policy so they are to garner the greatest revenue and market share

the liberal and pc and feminist agenda, is the economic tail wagging the dog. they are required to do those things to build their consumer base. The sport, the football, is no longer a sport, it has become a business.

If the strategy is to alienate sections of the consumer base they should continue as they go. I'd steer clear of commenting on issues that don't have immediate application to the comp.

If the strategy is to alienate sections of the consumer base they should continue as they go. I'd steer clear of commenting on issues that don't have immediate application to the comp.
they are content to alienate the older base, and outer Bay 13 base, they will happily sacrifice that margin which will be a few %, for double figure gross gain, and this share, material percent are women, can make them a stronger economic product for the next generation. In that sense, it makes quite good economic sense, to lose the old Victoria Park fanbase constituency, and replace with a larger, more affluent, female constituency, who will give birth to the next generation of footballers, both male and female players, and most importantly consumers qua consumer. They also need to triangulate it with the Nash #gametheory strategem, and see off tennis, soccer, basketball, and those other milquetoast sports that females and succour moms sic are into. they have managed to get their product into the rugby market, but in the next 100 years, that is a stretch too far, until the pacific islanders are less to future immigrants critical mass, drawn to soccer, then AFL may make inroads. Too great atm, with the fields infrastructure, and the culture from albury <towards> north.

so you have to elements, next generation more affluent consumers, competition for... and then, the positioning in the wider sport market in the winter seasons, and competing with the winter sports.

I am value neutral. I have no cause to say yay ir neh, my sport is golf, and on off days, i play polo.

A sexual relationship between two people remains their private business. While other parties to their relationships have an interest, the wider community does not. The exception in employment is where a clear policy regarding reporting relationships, performance mnanagement or the independence of jointly approved transactions has been violated.

If the media want to do their job they should lay off the gossip and actually find the valid grounds for dismissal in this case - because they haven't been able to do that so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back