Scandal Ginnivan suspended after been caught with illicit substance

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with a line here and there ???
  • Clubs invest in players and expect them to be in peak fitness physical and mental.
  • When does a line here there become more often than not
  • Drugs can, not always, lead to riskier behaviour, injuries, trouble with law
  • Encouraging undesirables access to player can undermine the integrity of the player/club/game

If you want to be young and party, and do coke off of a toilet seat go play for your local clubs, if you want to get paid hundred of thousands of dollars, don’t take drugs.. it’s not that complicated FFS.

Not to mention Keefe and Thomas missed 2 years of footy because their coke was cut with Clenbuterol (if you believe their version of events)

I could be well off the mark here but I remember someone telling me that begrudgingly it’s physically better for players to take illicit substances rather than a night on the beers.

As in, the high performance team can see via weight, BMIs etc when someone’s been out drinking beers from the weigh in with high calories compared to if they are on the bags they maintain weight and it can be kept under wraps.

Call me out if this is completely off the mark but the way it was explained to me did make sense on why it’s more common for an AFL players to go down this path rather than alcohol.
Completely on the mark - beer makes you fat :)

That's pretty obviously the case, isn't it.

Loads of calories from booze and a greasy kebab and chips vs no calories and a loss of appetite.
Could just drink spirit + soda water, couldn't you? That wouldn't be many calories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not these days unfortunately, may as well snort a wizz fizz.
ACT trialled an anonymous drug testing service recently, wasn't used much but some of the results were bloody hilarious. There was a bunch of pingers going around that had more coke in them than all the coke tested (like, 9%, so still * all).

I'm assuming the pollies weren't handing their drugs over, would hope they're getting better s**t than that.

I could be well off the mark here but I remember someone telling me that begrudgingly it’s physically better for players to take illicit substances rather than a night on the beers.

As in, the high performance team can see via weight, BMIs etc when someone’s been out drinking beers from the weigh in with high calories compared to if they are on the bags they maintain weight and it can be kept under wraps.

Call me out if this is completely off the mark but the way it was explained to me did make sense on why it’s more common for an AFL players to go down this path rather than alcohol.

They all drink Seltzers now for that reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back