Scandal Ginnivan suspended after been caught with illicit substance

Remove this Banner Ad

Recording the lead-up to that drug use was an eager-eyed witness shooting over the top of the brick toilet wall.

Person would have needed a bin or something to have the height to film

See steve j broken ankle story
“So I said ‘I’ve actually heard of some people going round the back of this pub and jumping the back fence and getting back in, so why don’t we try that?’

“So we climbed up on some rubbish bins, and we got to the back of the toilet block, and silly me decided to go first.”
It was a decision with big consequences for the young Cat.

“So I took the leap of faith, and it just seemed to be taking a little bit longer than I expected to hit the ground,” he said.

“When I hit, it made a big thud and I felt a pretty sharp pain in both my feet… it turned out I’d smashed up both my ankles and that set me back a fair bit in my career.”

Who are these morons that film people doing drugs? Probably the same knobs that have a diary recording their first boner
Few things at play here:
  • Sad kids who think that they're crazy and cool for doing drugs
  • Presence of a well known AFL player

= "Look at how cool I am, doing drugs with an AFL player - I'm so funny too filming this guy and ruining his career epic prank!"

Ginnivan is a dweeb for letting himself get into a dumb situation like this but as always when this happens you'd be mental to assume other young guns don't do illicit substances from time to time.

How many other players there were doing it on the day? Its $300-350 a gram and the industry (Coke) in Australia is worth billions of dollars. Side effects (after Valium to sleep) are not as severe as drinking, you pull up fine the next day. Geez I saw Eddie McGuire come out of the Burleigh Pav on the preliminary final weekend Saturday night in 2020 (I was celebrating the Richmond - Port win). He didn't clean up either. (below nostril). Not defending it but it is everywhere in society and the numbers in terms of tonnes being shipped here to Australia don't lie. It not those earning a $1000 a week spending on it, just saying. I hate Ginnivan (playing style) but he just got caught that's all....move on.

Edit: Matt Rowell was pulled up in the back section of the Local in Burleigh 3 weekends ago (The week during the Mack Andrews saga). His eyes were just pupils and the bouncer when he went over to pull the boys up for being rowdy brought it to their attention. Looked around very sheepishly to see who was around.

How many other players there were doing it on the day? Its $300-350 a gram and the industry (Coke) in Australia is worth billions of dollars. Side effects (after Valium to sleep) are not as severe as drinking, you pull up fine the next day. Geez I saw Eddie McGuire come out of the Burleigh Pav on the preliminary final weekend Saturday night in 2020 (Was celebrating the Richmond - Port win). He didn't clean up either. (below nostril). Not defending it but it is everywhere in society and the numbers in terms of tonnes being shipped here to Australia don't lie. It not those earning a $1000 a week spending on it, just saying. I hate Ginnivan (playing style) but he just got caught that's all....move on.
* me imagine Ed after a few lines. Would be an absolute annihilation of words

Last edited:
AFL players taking drugs is hardly earth shattering news. There would be plenty doing it, but most have the smarts not to imbibe in a public place (albeit you would not expect some reptile to film the event in a toilet cubicle). All clubs have their challenges but it does seem that the pies are overrepresented with nuffies who not only make poor choices but keep getting caught. DeGoey (multiple times) Ginnivan, Keefe and Thomas, Tarrant, Johnson, Shaw, Didak etc. A procession of "regrettable incidents". Might help explain why despite being the biggest club in the land they have won just one more flag than St.Kilda over the last 60 odd years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are these morons that film people doing drugs? Probably the same knobs that have a diary recording their first boner
What's the bet the bloke who sold the footage used the cash to fund his own drug habit?

AFL players taking drugs is hardly earth shattering news. There would be plenty doing it, but most have the smarts not to imbibe in a public place (albeit you would not expect some reptile to film the event in a toilet cubicle). All clubs have their challenges but it does seem that the pies are overrepresented with nuffies who not only make poor choices but keep getting caught. DeGoey (multiple times) Ginnivan, Keefe and Thomas, Tarrant, Johnson, Shaw, Didak etc. A procession of "regrettable incidents". Might help explain why despite being the biggest club in the land they have won just one more flag than St.Kilda over the last 60 odd years.
Lol, coming from a supporter of a club that fair dinkum disappeared for THIRTY-FIVE YEARS, wonder what those guys got up to on weekends...

Has never been caught champ

We all know 2 separate reactions for different races
Yes. One can pull intergenerational trauma and race card when punished, one cant. People have gone after Ginnivan with no fear of being called a racist. Go after another player, not race based, but get accused of being racist. Showing how careful you need to be to not be accused of being racist, somehow racism has made its way to Ginnivan/coke thread.

Lol, coming from a supporter of a club that fair dinkum disappeared for THIRTY-FIVE YEARS, wonder what those guys got up to on weekends...
Yep but unlike your blokes it remains a mystery what they got up to. And I would almost take another 35 years in the wilderness if it meant 3 flags in 4 years. Means I might just squeeze in one more dynasty before I depart for good. Two flags in 64 years..…ouch.

Yep but unlike your blokes it remains a mystery what they got up to. And I would almost take another 35 years in the wilderness if it meant 3 flags in 4 years. Means I might just squeeze in one more dynasty before I depart for good. Two flags in 64 years..…ouch.
You’re definitely squeezing something

Yes. One can pull intergenerational trauma and race card when punished, one cant. People have gone after Ginnivan with no fear of being called a racist. Go after another player, not race based, but get accused of being racist. Showing how careful you need to be to not be accused of being racist, somehow racism has made its way to Ginnivan/coke thread.

It's facts

Go take a look at the Rioli and Stack threads and see for yourself the judgement.

It's gutless

It's a mystery because they could blend in anonymously. The likes of Didak and Shaw were a lot more recognisable than guys like Merenda and Kellaway because they regularly played in big games. We're always on the front pages and have never played home games at places like Princes Park and Cairns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back