Scandal Ginnivan suspended after been caught with illicit substance

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any idea who the Collingwood player whose mother called in 3AW. Basically said his son was shunned after he made a dick of himself at a function after taking some coke.
Sounds like she has a dickhead for a son on many fronts

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Murray should sue the Collingwood football club, he was very young and they have a lot to answer for bringing him in to a corrupt environment. He should have played in that GF and should still be on an AFL list.

AFL players getting on it is the worst kept secret.. I was at the Torquay Hotel around mid-Jan and there were 3 Cats players (that I recognised) enjoying some of Wayne Carey's crushed anti-inflamotories there that night.
1. Name them ffs.
2. Cats won a flag, should be partying it up, in their home town (or close enough) too, no problems.

Ginnivan should be studying tapes of himself losing back in the suburbs.

That is the only thing he would be sorry for given the first reaction was that he didn't expect to be filmed in there.

Will be back on it already, just hiding it better.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The offence here is being dumb enough to get caught. AFL players can get away with a lot - so long as they keep it quiet and out of the news.

Sam Murray should sue the Collingwood football club, he was very young and they have a lot to answer for bringing him in to a corrupt environment. He should have played in that GF and should still be on an AFL list.

Please leave this garbage in the Ovens and Murray thread.

While I’d agree there would be plenty of AFL players who dabble in drugs, I can’t agree with people who think all or 3/4 etc.

It would be like any part of society. Not everyone takes drugs. Plenty of people don’t actually like the effects, some people weigh up the consequences, some people worry it would effect their health, some are more obsessed with fitness, some are nerds.

Personally I’d have no issue, but I’ve also come across all the above types of people during my life.

I can’t see why footballers wouldn’t have the same types of groups/people amongst their demographic.

While I’d agree there would be plenty of AFL players who dabble in drugs, I can’t agree with people who think all or 3/4 etc.

It would be like any part of society. Not everyone takes drugs. Plenty of people don’t actually like the effects, some people weigh up the consequences, some people worry it would effect their health, some are more obsessed with fitness, some are nerds.

Personally I’d have no issue, but I’ve also come across all the above types of people during my life.

I can’t see why footballers wouldn’t have the same types of groups/people amongst their demographic.

Agree, i dont think it would be anywhere near 50%

The biggest deterrent of AFL players taking drugs (apart from not wanting to take drugs) would be not knowing what they are cut with - like when the 2 collingwood players got 2 years for failing a drug test as their social drugs were cut with drugs on the banned list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest deterrent of AFL players taking drugs (apart from not wanting to take drugs) would be not knowing what they are cut with - like when the 2 collingwood players got 2 years for failing a drug test as their social drugs were cut with drugs on the banned list.
Very good point regarding the “cutting”.

I think people must live extremely sheltered lives.
I’ve been amongst drug users in my times, and they certainly have a perception everyone is using drugs because their groups are.

It’s simply not true And not everyone who tries a drug decide to do it again. Not everyone digs it.

It’s a big wide world out there, with many different views, priorities, brashness etc etc etc.

Very good point regarding the “cutting”.

I think people must live extremely sheltered lives.
I’ve been amongst drug users in my times, and they certainly have a perception everyone is using drugs because their groups are.

It’s simply not true And not everyone who tries a drug decide to do it again. Not everyone digs it.

It’s a big wide world out there, with many different views, priorities, brashness etc etc etc.

Ive never been a drug taker - smoke the odd joint when away with mates camping but that is it.

I was very naive to drug taking culture at the footy club 10-20 years ago (as i dont do drugs). Knew a few of them did it every now and again but was surprised when stumbled across a group of 20 blokes all taking pills etc at a footy function. This was a group of blokes maybe 10 years younger than me and sort of painted the picture of that age group being into it way more than people my age (or the group i hang out with)

Ive never been a drug taker - smoke the odd joint when away with mates camping but that is it.

I was very naive to drug taking culture at the footy club 10-20 years ago (as i dont do drugs). Knew a few of them did it every now and again but was surprised when stumbled across a group of 20 blokes all taking pills etc at a footy function. This was a group of blokes maybe 10 years younger than me and sort of painted the picture of that age group being into it way more than people my age (or the group i hang out with)

100% my experience also. The youth now are far more open about it and seemingly more are partaking. Alongside a few old campaigners who clearly still like feeling young and carefree.

Thankfully, the acceptance of people's differences is also far more evolved and nobody cares who is or isn't joining in.

If he was, he'd still be playing
Biggest cop out is to blame a club for your problems, take responsibility, probs the main reason he isn't in the AFL anymore
"It's everyone else's fault"
Collingwood had to protect their dwindling image, it was an easy out for them, the way he was treated was a disgrace, yet they were happy to embrace a Pedo who ran their cheer squad for 30 years. Murray today would still slot in to Hawthorns best 21, but you already know this.

Collingwood had to protect their dwindling image, it was an easy out for them, the way he was treated was a disgrace, yet they were happy to embrace a Pedo who ran their cheer squad for 30 years. Murray today would still slot in to Hawthorns best 21, but you already know this.
Murray got caught doing drugs, noone forced him to take them
You can cry all you want, I have no sympathy for those in a position of prominence who cry fowl when they stuffed up

You don't accidently take Cocaine, and if you are stupid enough to take it
Accept the responsibility and grow up

He wouldn't be, and your just a troll with a soft spot for Murray

Wouldnt be in any teams best 22

Murray got caught doing drugs, noone forced him to take them
You can cry all you want, I have no sympathy for those in a position of prominence who cry fowl when they stuffed up

You don't accidently take Cocaine, and if you are stupid enough to take it
Accept the responsibility and grow up

He wouldn't be, and your just a troll with a soft spot for Murray

Wouldnt be in any teams best 22
I suggest you watch some of his most recent highlight reels.

Yeah they knew and fully embraced his pedophilia for 30 years. Muppet

You do realise that was a load of crap? Why would cocaine be cut with an expensive performance-enhancing drug?

It was an Eddie McQuire spin working with the AFL and the friendly media to cover up another PED doping scandal.

Can't believe people got sucked in by this. Next thing you will be telling me Warnie took a steroid masking agent when coming back from serious injury because his mum wanted him to look thin on TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back