MVP Gippsland do it better- Josh Dunkley Wagon

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll repeat what I wrote in the autopsy thread - he reminds me a LOT of a 1st year Joel Selwood.
So we have a team that is looking like it will have an upgraded version of Pendlebury, an upgraded version of Selwood. We may as well change our name to the Harlem Globetrotters the way we are going..

Imagine JD in the centre square with Bont and Macrae when they've all had a couple more preseasons. Scary.
Our centre clearence work with Libba, Smith, Bont and Rough in there is scary enough. Can't forget how much of a clearence beast Clay Smith is just because he's playing forward in his return from serious injury. Roughy looks like he is improving his ability to push forward and spread from ruck contests ala Goldstein. Being able to rotate Dunks through there for Bont is a bonus with Picken and Dahl also rotating through. We lose absolutely nothing defensively.

I wonder if Dunks is still putting on height?

Id say probably not given he wasnt bottom aged and looks to be fairly solid. Teens still growing tend to be very skinny - see Bont when he came to us.

Gee wizz, trading pick 11 and our 2016 3rd rounder for 25 (Dunkley) and 26 (Collins) and the Carlton 4th rounder seems like a pretty decent move now! He may not be incredibly flashy, but he is more than decent and so very mature! I am loving him.

I think what sticks out the most about Dunkers last night was him getting gang tackled three times in the row by grabbing the ball at 3 stoppages in our forward line. He is hard at it. When he develops his skills a little more, look out. We have a 300 gamer here.
He played in the Gippsland league GF for our local Sale Fc a few years back at 15 youngest player ever to take the field in our leagues grand final and he got hammered from pillar to post then too but nothing has ever fazed him you have a future champion there remincent of a young Bartel similar style .All the best on Saturday love to see you guys still going after next week .

He's the kind of player who looks better on replay than live because so many of his attributes are too fast and inside for the naked eye at 100m away.
Watching him closely on telecasts shows just how good he is in close - his ability to get possession away under pressure is elite.

josh-dunkley-of-the-bulldogs-celebrates-a-goal-during-the-2016-afl-picture-id606180786

Thanks DD , I just love being wrong about our players who I am suspect on .
Dunkley's a bloody beauty .
I have also been quite harsh on Roughy over the journey , never felt like he was going to reach the potential I thought he had. After the last couple of weeks I need to pull my head in. He was EPIC last night.

Either that, or get suspect on a lot more of our players.

The choice is yours. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This raises an interesting point.
Who wins best first year player.....Dunks or Adams?
He's probably just snuck his nose in front of Adams if finals games are counted (which I would presume they are)

Amazing to think Swans could've taken him under father son, but chose not to match our bid. Their loss.
He actually wanted to stay in Victoria and the Swans said if a
Victorian team nominated him they would not stand in his way
a good way of avoiding home sickness really. Heeney and
Mills in successive years says they are not overly concerned.

Just wait till he fills out...

Spoken to him about 4 times over the Year he is the most likable kid you will ever meet.

All our kids are good with the fast handballs even Tom Boyd has amazing hands in the contest.

Either that, or get suspect on a lot more of our players.

The choice is yours. ;)

Quite frankly don't no how in the hell we got this far with this bunch.
that number 4 bloke who is supposed to be our new super star needs to tidy up his kicking and put his head over the ball

Quite frankly don't no how in the hell we got this far with this bunch.
that number 4 bloke who is supposed to be our new super star needs to tidy up his kicking and put his head over the ball
He's all arms and legs King.... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back