Gippsland League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

whykikamoocow

Draftee
Jan 20, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
hows everyone shaping up for the 2012 season?

i see drouin have lost a number of key players and havnt been that active in replacing them... Are they content with what they have?

warragul hasnt done much on the recruiting front either so who knows where they'll end up

what about everyone else? anyone snagged a big recruit thus far?

Re: Gippsland League

Heard Kane Fraser not happy with magpies behind the scenes. Looking for options.

Can't blame him, considering *******s like Scholtes demanding more money and wanting to train less, yet blokes like Fraser have yet to be signed.

hows everyone shaping up for the 2012 season?

i see drouin have lost a number of key players and havnt been that active in replacing them... Are they content with what they have?

warragul hasnt done much on the recruiting front either so who knows where they'll end up

what about everyone else? anyone snagged a big recruit thus far?

I heard on the weekend that Wonthaggi will probably be the side to beat. They have recruited very well and have blokes jobs at the Desal. The only thing with this though apparently Leigh McDonald has promised them work but when the work runs which might happen mid year will they all stay around. Apparently they guaranteed Brad Caldwell work there if he played at wonthaggi and he has already been sacked from the Desal.
Players I have heard going there:
Nathan Bell (Former Vic Country Rep)
Leigh Warnett (Murray league B&F)
Daniel Domaille
Daniel Trease
+4 or 5 others that were good players

Just looking for opinions and suggestions about the possibility of women playing footy in gippsland

Yeah Warragul's only picked up Ben Hughes (been in Canberra for 4years at Ainslie, won B&F and goalkicker I'm pretty sure). But apart from that, I think they're banking on the young kids improving?

On the topic of young kids, which do you reckon's got the best young brigade under 21 that will play seniors in 2012?

Heard Kane Fraser not happy with magpies behind the scenes. Looking for options.

Can't blame him, considering *******s like Scholtes demanding more money and wanting to train less, yet blokes like Fraser have yet to be signed.

Meeting with Sale didnt go well last night. Word is he was asked to take a pay cut and he's not happy. Yet to sign.

I was speaking to one of the warragul boys on the weekend and they seem pretty confident In there young core group. It seems Joel Morgan and Matt gray will both be back from injuries that hampered season 2011 for them. With the addition of Hughes Who will not only be a nightmare for most teams he will run the forward line and coach the young guns that really have unlimited talent but have lacked direction or someone to follow for many years now. Bradley gray and Hughes will pose a handful for many teams be it in the midfield or up forward. Clinton Rowe apparently has been leading all the running and looking forward to a full season with the gulls. So it all seems that hopes are high down at the gulls! My tip is top 4 behind tgon drouin and sale

I seen them training the other night, they wouldve had 30+ maybe 40 blokes there so there numbers are at least looking good.

I'll have a dash at this from west to east:
Warragul - Mark Bradley - Collingwood, Ben Hughes - North Melb
Wonthaggi - Earl Shaw - Sydney, Luke Trew - WCE, Geel
Leongatha - Will Thursfield, Taz Clingan, Dave Gourdis - Richmond
Morwell - Royce Vardy - Richmond
Traralgon - Dan McKenna - Geelong
Maffra - Dan Connelly - Freo, H. Burgeil - Haw
Sale - Matt Ferguson - St Kilda, Stuart Anderson - North, Freo, Dylan McLaren - Bris, Carl

I'm sure I've missed some but they're the ones I can think off the top of my head. I'm sure there'd be more rookie listers that you wouldn't be immediately aware of also.

I'll have a dash at this from west to east:
Warragul - Mark Bradley - Collingwood, Ben Hughes - North Melb
Wonthaggi - Earl Shaw - Sydney, Luke Trew - WCE, Geel
Leongatha - Will Thursfield, Taz Clingan, Dave Gourdis - Richmond
Morwell - Royce Vardy - Richmond
Traralgon - Dan McKenna - Geelong
Maffra - Dan Connelly - Freo, H. Burgeil - Haw
Sale - Matt Ferguson - St Kilda, Stuart Anderson - North, Freo, Dylan McLaren - Bris, Carl

I'm sure I've missed some but they're the ones I can think off the top of my head. I'm sure there'd be more rookie listers that you wouldn't be immediately aware of also.

A good lesson in to why you should always put the quote above your post because it could possibly get deleted and it looks like you've asked yourself a question!!:rolleyes: The question was obviously what previously listed AFL players are running around in the comp.

Moe to MGFL within 2yrs. A lot of players heading to Newborough on massive coin and more have said they'll leave at end of 2012. Lost heaps gained none.

Will be a good ground for away MGFL teams.

Moe to MGFL within 2yrs. A lot of players heading to Newborough on massive coin and more have said they'll leave at end of 2012. Lost heaps gained none.

Will be a good ground for away MGFL teams.

Are you even remotely aware of the fact that 99% of players that return to their old clubs rarely do so for much more than a token amount?

Are you even remotely aware of the fact that 99% of players that return to their old clubs rarely do so for much more than a token amount?

So the rummored $600 a game that the ruckman Newborough have recruited is wrong.
Dont tell me that Newborough is claiming Hancock & Kennedy are ex players.
What a joke.

So the rummored $600 a game that the ruckman Newborough have recruited is wrong.
Dont tell me that Newborough is claiming Hancock & Kennedy are ex players.
What a joke.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Kennedy a YYN junior? Ok Plugger their all X players and on no coin, ok:rolleyes:. Top flight ruckmen always go back to a lower league for nothing, didn't you know that, Tomm?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying that because Kennedy played for the Newborough Hawks under 11's and Hankock played 16's for the Newborough Bulldogs (then they played 10+ years at Moe), they decided that they wanted to play for Newborough because it was time to return to their 'home' club and are
doing so for a only a 'token amount'?

Are you saying that because Kennedy played for the Newborough Hawks under 11's and Hankock played 16's for the Newborough Bulldogs (then they played 10+ years at Moe), they decided that they wanted to play for Newborough because it was time to return to their 'home' club and are
doing so for a only a 'token amount'?

Agreed. Just don't see why people won't admit when players are getting well paid. It's only been happenning for the past 15yrs and it's not a sin.

Having said all that, interesting that Moe have been talking to Collingwood about running the club and setting some goals etc.

I hope things they put in place will be a good thing for the club and that success can come soon.

I was speaking to one of the warragul boys on the weekend and they seem pretty confident In there young core group. It seems Joel Morgan and Matt gray will both be back from injuries that hampered season 2011 for them. With the addition of Hughes Who will not only be a nightmare for most teams he will run the forward line and coach the young guns that really have unlimited talent but have lacked direction or someone to follow for many years now. Bradley gray and Hughes will pose a handful for many teams be it in the midfield or up forward. Clinton Rowe apparently has been leading all the running and looking forward to a full season with the gulls. So it all seems that hopes are high down at the gulls! My tip is top 4 behind tgon drouin and sale

won't end up higher on the ladder then Maffra or Leongatha, that puts them back to 6th!!

won't end up higher on the ladder then Maffra or Leongatha, that puts them back to 6th!!

Or Wonthaggi they are the team to beat they have up to 10 new players who will be all guns and may have as many as 6-7 interleague players this year.
IMO whoever beats Wonthaggi wins the premiership!

Having said all that, interesting that Moe have been talking to Collingwood about running the club and setting some goals etc.

I hope things they put in place will be a good thing for the club and that success can come soon.

I thought the Pub Moe bought turned out a real success:eek:.

How about they talk to someone about how to win a Premiership?? When was the last, 1967? In saying that they'll win the flag in their first MGFL season in 2014:thumbsu:.

I can assure you Moe will be staying in the Gippsland league and won't be in Mid Gippy, ever. There are too many good people at the club making sure of it. Pre Season is going well with strong numbers at each session and the boys are training hard. Good to hear of the younger generation stepping up and taking on extra responsibility on and off the field

I thought the Pub Moe bought turned out a real success:eek:.

How about they talk to someone about how to win a Premiership?? When was the last, 1967? In saying that they'll win the flag in their first MGFL season in 2014:thumbsu:.
Only an ex Moe player would know that stat, good thing you're an ex player, no one wants dogs like you at their club!

I can assure you Moe will be staying in the Gippsland league and won't be in Mid Gippy, ever. There are too many good people at the club making sure of it. Pre Season is going well with strong numbers at each session and the boys are training hard. Good to hear of the younger generation stepping up and taking on extra responsibility on and off the field

Only an ex Moe player would know that stat, good thing you're an ex player, no one wants dogs like you at their club!

Good call boys. Shieldsy is a good bloke and was a great footballer. He and others are good people to take the club forward.

Just because someone suggests a club 'will' relocate leagues doesn't mean they don't think there isn't good people at the club! The younger generation have to step up because that's all the clubs got. Younger brigade aren't anything spectacular either.

Lions are in trouble.

Good call boys. Shieldsy is a good bloke and was a great footballer. He and others are good people to take the club forward.

Yer sure thing, Plugger. Just because he's on the side lines giving hints and opinions that should win them games:rolleyes:. Maybe that club has to many 'former player' opinions since 1967??

Let's get one thing straight, I don't hope Moe join MGFL, it's just an opinion that they will. Time will tell I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back