Unsolved Girls that went missing from Adelaide Oval 1973

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Did Hart have any priors? For sex crimes or other?

I couldn't find anything.
He had been convicted for theft... stole potatoes. While he didn't have priors, nor was ever convicted for sex crimes, it means only that he got away with them. His close associate that is absolutely linked to this case - attended the footy that day and was well aware of the movement of the two girls to the moment they disappeared - did have a child sex conviction and took part in hypnosis of children. Birds of a feather, you might say

He had been convicted for theft... stole potatoes. While he didn't have priors, nor was ever convicted for sex crimes, it means only that he got away with them. His close associate that is absolutely linked to this case - attended the footy that day and was well aware of the movement of the two girls to the moment they disappeared - did have a child sex conviction and took part in hypnosis of children. Birds of a feather, you might say

Was it the 'association' that led the cops to questioning Hart over the girls abduction or simply because of his connection to the house so close to Kirste? They were into him too fast iirc for it to be the artists image that pointed them his way.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Was it the 'association' that led the cops to questioning Hart over the girls abduction or simply because of his connection to the house so close to Kirste? They were into him too fast iirc for it to be the artists image that pointed them his way.
It was explained to me by Det Bob Sharpe, on more than occasion, that Hart's "activities" in and around Adelaide were well known. It was also suggested, and to a degree supported by police, that Hart's associates thought he was better off relocating to Yatina permanently to reduce the amount of explaining they had to do for his actions. A bit more, out of sight, out of mind.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
People suggest that Arthur Stanley Brown strikes a resemblance to the identikit image for Adelaide Oval abduction. This is true. But it also is true that Stanley Arthur Hart looked strikingly similar to Brown, and the identikit image.

Brown may have been in Adelaide at the time of the abduction and may have been near Adelaide Oval. Hart was a regular at Adelaide Oval as a North Adelaide supporter who were playing that day.

Hart's family is confirmed to have been at the oval that day and some almost certainly had contact with the girls at some point of the day (there is supporting evidence to this).

Interestingly, his family cannot confirm that they saw Hart at the footy that day, as they typically would. While that might suggest to some that he didn't go to Adelaide Oval that day and he is not a suspect, it also must be considered that he did go to Adelaide Oval that day with something other than footy on his mind and keeping a low profile was key to his success.

Attachments

• Brown.jpg
    Brown.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 237
  • hart.png
    hart.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 257

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
So let's get serious. Did you know that the person who sat with the Ratcliffe family, a regular attendee at the footy with them, failed to move from his seat during the frantic search for those girls. He also refused to take part in the inquest in 1979, despite being called three times. And he was involved in a private property exchange with Bevan Spencer Von Einem. Did this man have some insight to what happened that day?

The presence of this man is something that, for at least 40 years, was not acknowledged in any media article at all when it would seem essential that all members of the impacted parties would be front and centre in the investigation and, hence, the reporting of the events.

His name was Frank Bone.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Why were the Ratcliffes told to find a police officer outside of the secretary/announcer's box to report the girls missing when the most senior officer on site, the "match day control officer" was in that office throughout the whole time?
Who was the man that was, eventually, successful in getting an announcement made - far far too late - by going to the secretary's office... it was not Les Ratcliffe, who had neither his friend Frank out looking for the kids and had not been able to raise police interest in searching for them.

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Why were the Ratcliffes told to find a police officer outside of the secretary/announcer's box to report the girls missing when the most senior officer on site, the "match day control officer" was in that office throughout the whole time?
Who was the man that was, eventually, successful in getting an announcement made - far far too late - by going to the secretary's office... it was not Les Ratcliffe, who had neither his friend Frank out looking for the kids and had not been able to raise police interest in searching for them.
could this have been done by phone? an internal phone line, perhaps? les ratcliffe spoke to ken wohling, who said "they're not here" at which both men realised what had happened, could it have been wohling who went the office and got the announcement made?

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
The article says 'routine' movements, I was under the impression that this was the first time KG had been to the footy and sat with the Ratcliffe's.

It also says a SANFL final, wasn't it a round 20 home and away game?

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
The article says 'routine' movements, I was under the impression that this was the first time KG had been to the footy and sat with the Ratcliffe's.

You are correct on both points but I'm aware that I wouldn't have written "final" as I know it not to have been a final. A sub-editor possibly, and picking it up from other misinformed articles.
As for "routine", Joanne (the Ratcliffe's) definitely had a routine - Joanne was allowed to go to the toilet only at a certain time in each game etc - and both Rita Huckle and Frank Bone were well aware of this routine.... which Kirste followed in her first visit to the footy.
This detail has been explained to me by members of the Ratcliffe family themselves, on a number of occasions.

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS

it wasnt a final, it was late in the minor round series, it was the first time kg had been to the football, and thus sat with the ratcliffes, kg's grandmother always sat with the ratcliffes whenever they were at games there, it was actually kg's second time at adelaide oval, her first time had been earlier that same year attending the military tattoo with her parents, who were involved in that scene

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
You are correct on both points but I'm aware that I wouldn't have written "final" as I know it not to have been a final. A sub-editor possibly, and picking it up from other misinformed articles.
As for "routine", Joanne (the Ratcliffe's) definitely had a routine - Joanne was allowed to go to the toilet only at a certain time in each game etc - and both Rita Huckle and Frank Bone were well aware of this routine.... which Kirste followed in her first visit to the footy.
This detail has been explained to me by members of the Ratcliffe family themselves, on a number of occasions.

Fair enough mate, I wasn't having a dig, just wanted to clear that up as like you said there has been a bit of misinformation over the years.
I think its fair to say you've had a bumpy start on here but i'd just like to say I appreciate your input.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Fair enough mate, I wasn't having a dig, just wanted to clear that up as like you said there has been a bit of misinformation over the years.
I think its fair to say you've had a bumpy start on here but i'd just like to say I appreciate your input.
Ive been watching, as I’ve not had internet access for a couple of weeks, & I certainly appreciate the clarification and filling the gaps. Its been very eye opening indeed!
Thank you for your input, very much appreciated!

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
SA Police presser, Mark Marshall gets a mention.

Wish Sapol were honest for once and tell the full story of how when and why they ACTUALLY ended up searching Yatina. P.S. A big shout out the the GJ’s who went and collected evidence BEFORE Sapol even thought about getting off their arses! Suzie Ratcliffe pushed and pushed for Sapol to act and they did nothing, until of course Jokers stepped in for Suzie! What are Sapol hiding - again..

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
i dont think sapol are hiding anything
Questionable. After labelling MTM as a fantasist, disregarding the information provided to them by him regarding Yatina, missing children, location of evidence etc, it took a group of GJ’s and persistent following up with sapol by Suzie to have them search Yatina. Evidence gathered and handed to sapol also became ‘lost’. It was only from them handing in some evidence and Suzie’s pushing for a search did they attend and ‘scoured’ the area, which even then, it was said, they didnt search in the areas of interest.
Why would sapol lose valuable evidence, handed to them with a lawyer present, luckily enough, they were able to provide additions samples, which sapol labels inconclusive readings...
If you have ever heard of Yatina, the history and the victims stories, Im sure you would also suggest sapol are hiding the Yatala link.
It’s strange how sapol refers to mtm as a fantasist, yet he’s been able to draw maps and pin point relevant evidence, as discovered by suzies investigators, yet SAPOL disregard him.
There is a YouTube on the search by the GJ...you should have a look and then ask why sapol wouldnt be interested..
(I cant add the link)

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
no, i dont think sapol are hiding anything, the case only remains unsolved because info, which is close to the mark but not close enough, has been misinterpreted, by both sapol and investigators

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Wish Sapol were honest for once and tell the full story of how when and why they ACTUALLY ended up searching Yatina. P.S. A big shout out the the GJ’s who went and collected evidence BEFORE Sapol even thought about getting off their arses! Suzie Ratcliffe pushed and pushed for Sapol to act and they did nothing, until of course Jokers stepped in for Suzie! What are Sapol hiding - again..
Jokers stepped in before connecting with Suzie. But you are right, they did move this forward.... so people may now understand why SAPOL ignore the very real evidence of the "private investigators". Cops don't want to be shown up by bikers.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Questionable. After labelling MTM as a fantasist, disregarding the information provided to them by him regarding Yatina, missing children, location of evidence etc, it took a group of GJ’s and persistent following up with sapol by Suzie to have them search Yatina. Evidence gathered and handed to sapol also became ‘lost’. It was only from them handing in some evidence and Suzie’s pushing for a search did they attend and ‘scoured’ the area, which even then, it was said, they didnt search in the areas of interest.
Why would sapol lose valuable evidence, handed to them with a lawyer present, luckily enough, they were able to provide additions samples, which sapol labels inconclusive readings...
If you have ever heard of Yatina, the history and the victims stories, Im sure you would also suggest sapol are hiding the Yatala link.
It’s strange how sapol refers to mtm as a fantasist, yet he’s been able to draw maps and pin point relevant evidence, as discovered by suzies investigators, yet SAPOL disregard him.
There is a YouTube on the search by the GJ...you should have a look and then ask why sapol wouldnt be interested..
(I cant add the link)
SAPOL told me, when asked to confirm a yatina search in 2009, they had no interest. I showed them that video of their detectives there... they changed tune

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Jokers stepped in before connecting with Suzie. But you are right, they did move this forward.... so people may now understand why SAPOL ignore the very real evidence of the "private investigators". Cops don't want to be shown up by bikers.
Sorry, yes, they moved first and the YouTube they had up of their search of the area was mind blowing! A book with drug measurements to knock kids out, what appeared to be the very hat in question, of course the barrels, all information as provided by MTM - the fantasist! Sapol HAVE to label him a fantasist otherwise they need to investigate their own people and ask questions which have been avoided for years.
Makes me wonder if the GJ’s investigations were a lead on from a current missing (presumably murdered - SW) Joker’s investigations a few years prior?
In the end, we have another decades old mystery that sapol have no desire to solve, due to their own historical involvement.

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
sapol are not hiding anything, they have paid some attention to yatina because of hart's alleged involvement, but they are not taking it further because they dont believe hart was the actual abductor, and i agree with them on that point

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
sapol are not hiding anything, they have paid some attention to yatina because of hart's alleged involvement, but they are not taking it further because they dont believe hart was the actual abductor, and i agree with them on that point
Sorry to disagree with you here, but Sapol NEVER showed an interest in Yatina, even with the evidence MTM gave them. It took the effort of the GJ’s to go there & as confirmed by Bogart above, Sapol would not allow themselves to be out done by the GJ’s. Sapol only attended Yatina because they were forced to & even then, they half heartedly searched & they didn’t even search in the locations of interest. Most of the evidence collected WAS HANDED TO THEM by the GJ’s. So how much interest did sapol have? Sapol suggested in 2016 the search was suspended for safety reasons & they would return and yet here we are 4 yrs later with......if you seriously believe or could possibly suggest that Sapol are not lacking in this search (one of many cases), please do research into WHAT Yatina actually is...its not a place...its a living hell for many survivors. There were high profiles involved, fly in fly out perps and lets also not forget the drug growing Hart kindly did for officers at the time to ensure his own protection. Did you notice the airstrip close by? Charlie20, have you researched this place and what it stood for? Are you aware of the dark history this place has and the elite perps involved?

Back