Giro d'Italia 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they planning to take both Matthews and Goss? I could've sworn I read/heard that Goss is going to the TdF. Given their respective form lines over the past 12 months, I cant see that working.

OGE haven't said much. I think White has said that Matthews is in the mix for TDF, but I don't think they have even confirmed Gerro as a TDF starter let alone anyone else. Most pundits have Matthews in OGE's TDF team, and there have been suggestions he was always going to pull out in week 2 of Giro.
The only person I've heard suggest Goss may go was Henk Vogels on the last night of SBS Giro telecast. He proposed Goss could do leadouts for Matthews. But I have my doubts whether Goss could even be relied on to stay with front 20 riders of TDF peleton in last 2 kms when they ramp it up. The SBS panel also said Goss was the highest paid rider at OGE which I had not heard confirmed before, although that contract finishes this year.

Durbridge was definitely going to the Tour, but now looks unlikely.
Broke his collarbone/shoulder in six places. Already back on the bike and into training. I'd say he's more likely than not at this stage.

Pretty much the only requirement is for him to have the movement in his arm to grab the water/food and reach behind to store.

Broke his collarbone/shoulder in six places. Already back on the bike and into training. I'd say he's more likely than not at this stage.

Pretty much the only requirement is for him to have the movement in his arm to grab the water/food and reach behind to store.

Reaching into a jersey pocket is hard with two good arms!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back