Giro d'Italia 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Read on Raphas insta page that they are making a call on the stage half way up the Stelvio. Hope fully the good weather at the start on the footage keeps up.
Doubt they would cancel it mid stage unless the snow really comes down, looks light at the moment. Not what I would want to be riding in however!

Yeah I'd be very surprised if Cataldo held on. I think Rolland will win this provided he's able to contribute to Quintana. At a guess Quintana will give him the win if the effort he can make up the climb would add more seconds to Quintana than the latter going it alone a bit like Santambrogio/Nibali last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idk if evans has the legs but uran doesn't he is going to lose 5mins. If he has legs he should go away with the other top 5

I dont think uran has the legs this race is over lol'd

Yeah there was never a chance of him chasing it down solo. You'd think a group of 10 could chase down a group of 3 or at least put a minute into them but unfortunately they're all looking at each other. If Rigo does the work Majka/Evans/Kelderman/Aru/Pozzo etc. can let him push hard and then gain time on him and he doesn't want to work for them to * him over. Ditto the rest. It's pretty much left to whatever domestiques were/are left in Vuillermoz, Dupont, Landa and Rogers and I'd prefer Nairo solo than those four in relay.

They really should just agree to 'neutralise' the finish between that group and all 10 of them work hard for the collective good. It's a risk as inevitably someone would try and gain time but really it'd get them far closer to Quintana.

Seeya Cadel.

Idk if evans has the legs but uran doesn't he is going to lose 5mins. If he has legs he should go away with the other top 5

Evans doesn't have the legs. The big 2K mountains are too much for him, he's lucky this stage was cancelled last year as he'd have lost time on it too. Don't be surprised if he loses over one or two minutes on all of Kelderman, Aru, Majka, Uran and maybe even Pozzo depending on illness today.

That's not how it works either. If Uran counters the attacks of Majka he'll expend heaps of energy doing so. With his style he'd be better off letting them go and grinding them back, he might give them ascendancy that way but he's better off long term in doing that.

Yeah there was never a chance of him chasing it down solo. You'd think a group of 10 could chase down a group of 3 or at least put a minute into them but unfortunately they're all looking at each other. If Rigo does the work Majka/Evans/Kelderman/Aru/Pozzo etc. can let him push hard and then gain time on him and he doesn't want to work for them to **** him over. Ditto the rest. It's pretty much left to whatever domestiques were/are left in Vuillermoz, Dupont, Landa and Rogers and I'd prefer Nairo solo than those four in relay.

They really should just agree to 'neutralise' the finish between that group and all 10 of them work hard for the collective good. It's a risk as inevitably someone would try and gain time but really it'd get them far closer to Quintana.

Seeya Cadel.
Who helped cadel chase down schleck? Its your race to lose and you must do the work if you can't you dont deserve to win

Who helped cadel chase down schleck? Its your race to lose and you must do the work if you can't you dont deserve to win

Aware. I'm not condoning it but Uran isn't just battling against Quintana, he's battling Evans, Aru and Majka too. If he gains 50 seconds on Quintana from here to the finish and ends up ahead of him on GC but allow Aru to jump him and gain a minute he's no better off except he's got two blokes on his tail, not one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back