Giro d'Italia 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Nibali does comes back for the win, but at the cost of seeing Cheves lift one for Greenedge. Shame it had to come down to that. Would've really loved to see Cheves finally crack it, though it seemed like he already did crack...

Nibali does comes back for the win, but at the cost of seeing Cheves lift one for Greenedge. Shame it had to come down to that. Would've really loved to see Cheves finally crack it, though it seemed like he already did crack...
He cracked because he went into the "red zone" trying to keep up with Nibali, who was (I strongly suspect) riding with an extra 2 pints of blood helping to provide oxygen to his leg muscles.

He cracked because he went into the "red zone" trying to keep up with Nibali, who was (I strongly suspect) riding with an extra 2 pints of blood helping to provide oxygen to his leg muscles.

Blooming Astana, really dodgy lot. Can't believe the UCI have allowed them to continue. Such a shame, because Nibali is one of my favourites, but it hasn't quite been the same ever since he moved on over.

I hope Chaves might be able to go one step better in the Vuveta, this Giro was another step up from last Vuveta, so hopefully he can deliver that first GT win, and maybe the first of many.

Blooming Astana, really dodgy lot. Can't believe the UCI have allowed them to continue. Such a shame, because Nibali is one of my favourites, but it hasn't quite been the same ever since he moved on over.

I hope Chaves might be able to go one step better in the Vuveta, this Giro was another step up from last Vuveta, so hopefully he can deliver that first GT win, and maybe the first of many.
I hope he can as well, but he might have his work cut out for him. It's rare for Giro riders to backup for the Tour.. but it's quite common for Tour riders to backup for the Vuelta. I think he will ride the Vuelta, and he could well be up against the likes of Froome, Contador and Aru. That would make it a very different race to the Giro which just concluded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back