Prediction Give me your top 8

Remove this Banner Ad

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, we’re just over a quarter of the way through the season and we’ve all had a chance to see how all the teams are tracking. So give me your top 8 predictions.

Here’s mine:

Richmond
GWS
Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Port Adelaide
Geelong
Collingwood

Same top 8 as last season apart from Collingwood replacing Essendon for the 8th spot.

Richmond
Adelaide
West coast
Sydney
GWS
Port
Collingwood
Geelong

Think injuries will see GWS slide a little bit.. smoky’s to come in to the 8 could be Hawks and, hate to say it, the Dees..

Geelong are heading down imo.. the only thing holding them in for me is games at home in Geelong.. I know Sydney beat them there but Sydney always play well there and I’d expect the cats not to lose to many other games there this year..

West coast are an interesting one as well... playing well, currently in second and you’d think will win most games in Perth so are tracking nicely at present... I think from the current spot they are in if they continue the good form and with their home games they could be top 4 contenders..

Still very early days.. then there are injuries that could occur and change things quickly... imagine if the tigers lost dusty to a knee or something happened to Rance.. they’d be vulnerable imo..

1 GWS
2 Adelaide
3 Richmond
4 Port

5 Sydney
6 Geelong
7 Hawthorn/West Coast
8 Collingwood

Richmond
GWS
Sydney
Adelaide
Geelong
Port
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Sydney and GWS are doing enough to make the 4, and it's hard to see Richmond missing top 2 unless Dustin Martin gets injured. We are in the hunt for top 4 and will make it if we keep our act together. A couple more slip ups and we can kiss that goodbye. I don't rate Geelong. Collingwood and Hawthorn are actually looking the goods but will not be realistic premiership contenders.

Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Adelaide
Sydney
Port
Last two spots between
West Coast/Hawthorn/Geelong/Kangaroos

Collingwood probably wont be 3rd at years end, but I'm loath to get cocky and put us above them. They look good atm and they might make up a decent % with the game style they're playing. If the year stays tight like this, Clarkson's coaching may get Hawthorn across the line and into the eight.

Not entirely sure what to make of those last 4 teams, and without looking at each team's run home, I couldn't base it on anything more than a hunch.

Richmond
GWS
Hawks
West Coast
Adelaide
Port
Two from Sydney/Collingwood/Fremantle/Melbourne/Geelong

I give Hawks the best shot in September to take down Richmond, followed by Collingwood and then Fremantle who can play on the MCG. Was big on Freo this year, Fyfe is number 1 again. Should have beaten WC if not for injuries. They make top 4 next year.

If Danger doesn't get back to his best then put a line through Geelong. Wouldn't underestimate how much he's carried them.

1. Richmond (17-18W)- Playing like world beaters at the moment. Tough looking Draw but have the right games at the MCG.
2. Adelaide(16-18W)-Some tough games at Adelaide Oval, we need to put them away. I'm happy being second, being the hunter is easier than the hunted.
3. GWS (16-17W)- Next couple weeks are big for them. They are winning without setting the world on fire.
4. Sydney(15-16W)- Next month without Buddy could be telling.
5. Hawthorn- Have a great draw, and decent form line easy to see them getting the wins required
6. Geelong-(14-15W) Have a couple important games at Kardinia which will save their finals hopes.
7. WCE- (14-15W)-Have some tough games away, traveling seems to be their test.
8. Collingwood(13-14W)- They are in good form over the last 3 rounds, have a decent draw and should rack up the wins.

In my view, West Coast will be fighting with Hawthorn and Collingwood for the last spot in the eight. The Eagles might make it but Hawthorn and Collingwood have been more convincing. The Pies have the 'hardly travel' advantage and Hawthorn have the Clarkson advantage. Kudos to him and Bucks for the turnarounds, but the proof will be in August when the eight is decided.

In my view, West Coast will be fighting with Hawthorn and Collingwood for the last spot in the eight. The Eagles might make it but Hawthorn and Collingwood have been more convincing. The Pies have the 'hardly travel' advantage and Hawthorn have the Clarkson advantage. Kudos to him and Bucks for the turnarounds, but the proof will be in August when the eight is decided.
I've got them all pegged on about 14 wins. North have a hard month and I don't think will have a win until June. I have Port on 12 wins with their patchy form. If they win more of the toss up games they may finish higher but not on their current form. Melb are not playing well either, and on their form line I could only give them 11 definites, If they Improve slightly they will move up the conversation.

GWS
Richmond
Adelaide
Sydney

Port Power
Geelong
West Coast
Hawthorn

I have gone through the season and I have the top 3 very close with Sydney 1-2 win back. 1-2 games behind Sydney; Port, Geelong and West Coast are all within a game. 2-3 wins further back I have Hawthorn, Melbourne and Collingwood all within 1 game fighting it out for eighth.

For what it's worth I have Carlton finishing bottom with 2 wins - Brisbane just ahead on 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond
GWS
Adelaide
West Coast
Sydney
Geelong
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Still way too early though Port & Melbourne are the only other teams I think might make the eight.

It will be interesting to see if Collingwood can keep up their form.

I think the only certainty is Richmond will finish top. 14 games at the G and no one can get near them there.

Then it’s a guess.

Richmond
Adelaide
GWS
Collingwood
Sydney
West Coast
Hawks
Port

I think the only certainty is Richmond will finish top. 14 games at the G and no one can get near them there.

Then it’s a guess.

Richmond
Adelaide
GWS
Collingwood
Sydney
West Coast
Hawks
Port
We really need to beat Richmond at the G in our next game there in a few rounds time.

Not just for the four points but for the mental aspect of having beaten them there if we meet them in a Final at the G.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Richmond were really bad when they played us. Neither us or gws will be the pushover at the g we were last year.

Port
Gws
Rich
Adel

Gellong
West coast

Then about 6 sides injuries and umpires the difference

Richmond - they seem pretty much untouchable at the moment
Adelaide - we seem to be getting back into some good form again, which is promising
GWS - they'll be around the mark again, if they get a home prelim they'll reach the granny but I'm not sure they'll ever win one
Sydney - same as GWS, they'll be around the mark again. Being without Bud might hurt them, but not too much
West Coast - they've surprised me a bit. The make up of their side reminds me a little bit of us at the moment, actually. The good start will put them in good stead
Geelong - they won't be nearly as threatening as the past two years, but they'll be floating around the 8
Port - still maybe the most inconsistent side in the comp. They'll have some great games, and then some shockers
Collingwood/Hawthorn - this is genuinely a coin toss
-------
Other of Pies/Hawks
Fremantle
Melbourne
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
St Kilda
Brisbane
Carlton

Richmond
GWS
WCE
Sydney
Adelaide
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Geelong

Port to have a pretty good look at the draft unfortunately.

Richmond
GWS
WCE
Sydney
Adelaide
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Geelong

Port to have a pretty good look at the draft unfortunately.

Can’t see how Port will miss the 8. Bulldogs twice, St Kilda, Suns, Carlton and Essendon are all probable wins. That would give them 10 wins. Showdowns can go either way. I would have them bottom half of 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crows (surely we don't go injured for the entire season. Have already beaten the other two main premiership contenders IMO, one of them at their stronghold, while being smashed with injuries and losing players during both those matches.)

Richmond (wouldn't it be nice to get 4 away games on your home ground, going into finals knowing even if you don't deserve it you'll more than likely be playing them on your home ground also)

Sydney (because Buddy and Sydney)

West Coast (I hope like hell we don't have to play them in the lead up to the big one)

GWS (Talented, but still not AFL 'hardened' for some reason.)

Geelong (too many queen bees not enough drones)

Port (The most overrated list in the AFL, now and for the past 5 years)

Collingwood (we won't get stitched up by them again if we get to meet them in the finals, particularly if it's at AO)

unlucky: Hawks, Melbourne, Essendon

Kornes may have said something useful today, history shows after round 7, there’s only one change by year end.

So far it’s:

Richmond
West Coast
Adelaide
Hawks
Giants
Cats
North
Sydney

then Collingwood, Melbourne and Port.

I think these are the only legitimate top 8 contenders. 6 through to 11 are all on the same points.

I think locks are the top 3, something would have to go wrong with the Hawks for them not to stay in. I can see Geelong making it, GWS I assume will get players back soon before it’s too late.

So that leaves the likely outs North and Sydney. This year I can see there being 2 changes, North and Sydney go out and are replaced with Collingwood and Melbourne. Port will miss but that means they finish below Melbourne which sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back