Fundraiser Give that they may grow - the Sweet FA Good Friday Appeal charity thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably terrible when scaled down by so much honestly, I'm not sure.

Yeah sure I can whip one up, no worries.

Can you do an easter egg with a bandaid?

What about a green heart with a purple outline

Can you do an easter egg with a bandaid?
343cec09-837f-4641-a5a6-d9350fd4f8f5_zpsnxcbdvyf.png

Doesn't look like much when you shrink it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Friday and we are just shy of $1400 dollars, excellent work everyone especially Nakia for posting the thread to begin with.

The GFA is close to my heart so if you have some spare cash or see street collectors today be sure to tip a few bucks in

I'd like to share a story about one of my experiences at the Adelaide Women's and Children's Hospital. I was visiting my son one day, when I noticed a newspaper article on the wall in his ward. It was about a young girl, who had been a patient at the hospital some time before. She was a beautiful, happy go lucky young lady - suddenly at the age of 14, she was struck down with a brain tumour, which burst!!! She had to undergo 7 operations and 9 months of chemotherapy at a time when she should have been enjoying her teenage years.

Miraculously, after having gone through such deep waters, she was declared completely cured. She went on to complete her schooling, and passed year 12 with high distinctions. The hospital still refers to her as "their miracle patient."

It's stories like this that make me think that the money raised for these kids is indeed money very well spent. Without these funds, some of them may not be alive today.

I'd like to share a story about one of my experiences at the Adelaide Women's and Children's Hospital. I was visiting my son one day, when I noticed a newspaper article on the wall in his ward. It was about a young girl, who had been a patient at the hospital some time before. She was a beautiful, happy go lucky young lady - suddenly at the age of 14, she was struck down with a brain tumour, which burst!!! She had to undergo 7 operations and 9 months of chemotherapy at a time when she should have been enjoying her teenage years.

Miraculously, after having gone through such deep waters, she was declared completely cured. She went on to complete her schooling, and passed year 12 with high distinctions. The hospital still refers to her as "their miracle patient."

It's stories like this that make me think that the money raised for these kids is indeed money very well spent. Without these funds, some of them may not be alive today.

Not wrong there, the intensive care unit at the rch is unreal and the money they raise helps them to provide the best care possible, each room has their own nurse 24/7 with the best equipment possible we only spent 2 days there but the nurses are some of the most amazing people i have ever met.

What does everyone think of this so far?

I might refine the font a bit and add an egg with a band aid, what does everyone think? (Image would be appreciated if anyone has any ideas)

badge.png

I might refine the font a bit and add an egg with a band aid, what does everyone think? (Image would be appreciated if anyone has any ideas)

View attachment 357729

Looks good so far mate.

Not wrong there, the intensive care unit at the rch is unreal and the money they raise helps them to provide the best care possible, each room has their own nurse 24/7 with the best equipment possible we only spent 2 days there but the nurses are some of the most amazing people i have ever met.
Spot on. I reckon any of the staff would be a worthy recipient of the Australian of the year award. Some of the emergencies they have to deal with have to be seen to be believed, and I don't know how the hell they do it.

View attachment 357729
what about SFA GFA 17 like the player sponsor badges?? Then people who donate every year can collect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back