The Exers
Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Stronzo, I do not agree to this.

When ever I think there is a topical issue I will create a new thread for discussion.

FYI, I would consider myself a "swinging voter" and an "aussie battler". I think I am pretty balanced and I always try to give both parties a "fair go".

The problem is that like most "aussie battlers" I need to think about whats good for myself and the country. It just so happens that from an objective analysis, the Liberal Party is the best bet at this election - we are heading into uncertain economic times with a possible global recession on the way - we need proven leadership at the moment.
Thats a good one GJ..

Nov 6, 2002
End of the Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought it made sense for GJ to have a thread dedicated to his daily rant so we don't end up with 50 politics threads before the election has been decided.

Heres some GJ created earlier:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370661

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374279

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374561

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373697

And your point is?

That is what the off-topic board is for.

It seems to me you are indirectly trying to censor people that have different views to yourself , instead or arguing each thread on its own merits.

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
And your point is?

It seems to me you are indirectly trying to censor people that have different views to yourself , instead or arguing each thread on its own merits.
Indirect censorship, thats an interesting concept.

GJ can post a daily labor bashing thread that follows directly the liberal party message and I can give GJ s**t for doing it.

freocuz

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Outside the norm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Stronzo, I do not agree to this.

When ever I think there is a topical issue I will create a new thread for discussion.

FYI, I would consider myself a "swinging voter" and an "aussie battler". I think I am pretty balanced and I always try to give both parties a "fair go".

The problem is that like most "aussie battlers" I need to think about whats good for myself and the country. It just so happens that from an objective analysis, the Liberal Party is the best bet at this election - we are heading into uncertain economic times with a possible global recession on the way - we need proven leadership at the moment.

Yep, just like the last 3 elections. The scare mongering is a tactic used successfully in the past, so why not try it again. Problem is, people are getting cynical about Howard and his message of "who do you trust".

So, given what you've said, what was your reasoning behind the Rudd heart thread?

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
And your point is?

Hey!! Where was this defence when he was bagging my cooking thread???

Huh? Huh? yeah in your face!...quote changing mods...:D

Oct 25, 2002
Roleystone
AFL Club
Fremantle

What absolute tripe.

I'll paraphrase that for you.

FYI: I would like others to consider me an impartial swinging voter, who is down to earth and just like you. Because I'm concerned about myself I will be voting Liberal. If you are like me, an objective aussie battler you too will do the same.

You are anything but objective. What thread have you started that isn't a blatant scare campaign. Labour is running a positive campaign about the future and change for the better. With you its all about being better off with the devil you know.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I agree with stronzo. I (obviously mistakenly) thought that this board was for general discussion about "stuff" specifically for Freo fans, not another SC&P board. My "vote" would be to keep the politics in one thread for anyone who's interested to post in, or take it to the politics forum. The continued right wing ranting is turning people off. My 2c.

Jetau

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2004
York
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Agreed with Stronzo and IP. I like the off topic board, but this political 'discussion' is tiresome to say the least. Haven't we got something more interesting to talk about? :confused:

Reveler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2005
Fremantle, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago, 49ers
I don't mind GJ creating threads surrounding the election. What I don't like is the fact he appears to just sit with "The Australian" website open at the breaking news section and just runs with what is there.

very predictable. I knew I'd come on here after work today to see the thread on Rudds health.

Back