Glad to be here.....A Cats fan from Ohio

Roaming Lou

Senior List
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
The sport has so many things that you would think would play well in an American market. I guess we just need more time for the seeds to take root. Maybe a bit more TV presence would help.

There's just so much televised sport already over there to compete with.
This is why I think the AFL should be focusing on the US, they could be doing something like targeting southerners who are pissed off with the NFL with things like the whole kneeling thing.

OhioCatsfan

Host - ayankonthefooty.com
Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
To be fair, I live in the north, and I find it pretty disrespectful. But to live in a free society, one must recognize that not everyone has the same views that you have, and if you want that society to remain free, you must respect those differences. Because if they clamp down on someone else's free speech today, it may be your free speech that they are silencing tomorrow.

Southeastern Conference football (Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia etc) dominates the south.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
To be fair, I live in the north, and I find it pretty disrespectful. But to live in a free society, one must recognize that not everyone has the same views that you have, and if you want that society to remain free, you must respect those differences. Because if they clamp down on someone else's free speech today, it may be your free speech that they are silencing tomorrow.

Southeastern Conference football (Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia etc) dominates the south.
aw c'mon it ain't the north, Ohiya is the midwest, the heartland of America :)
(born in Columbus :thumbsu:)

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Ma Bell moved us out to the PacNW before my grade 4. My first living hero, after legends like Batman and Davy Crockett, was Jim Otis. I guess that kind of dates me. :D
Did you ever watch Aussie rules back when ESPN started up? That set the hooks in me until I figured out how to watch things on the net.
Glad to have you on board.
Go Bucks:thumbsu:, Go Cats :thumbsu:

OhioCatsfan

Host - ayankonthefooty.com
Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
Old Double 0. Just came across one of his football cards a few days ago, as I was putting some of my old baseball and football HOF'ers into sleeves for my son. (He's an officer in the Navy, so while he's not home, it gives me a bit of a connection.

Get the age thing. My first game that I saw in person was in 1969. KC Chiefs at San Diego Chargers. (Grandparents wintered in San Diego.) John Hadl was my "hero" after that. The WatchAFL app is such a blessing to have.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
LOL at the North Coast.
My first was the Buckeyes v Washington State in Seattle in the mid 70s: Archie Griffin. We went up to Seattle on a family holiday and my dad and I went to the game. Decent seats too, first block from field behind Buckeyes bench. Fun trivia: in kindergarten~G2 I used to get hayfever shots at my godmother's house. Apparently I was a roaming little guy, according the stories I had to hear at reunions. One day, at my godmother's place I disappeared while she and my mom chatted. Turns out I was down the street playing with some slightly older neighbor boys, the Griffin brothers! The younger ones at least. lol
I tell you, I kind of miss Ohio. I've never been back since I moved, but once on a cross-country drive to Atlanta from Minnesota we crossed through a bit of Illinois and Indiana. The air was noticeably different and familiar at the same time. :) Really sent be back a few decades.
Anyway come on over the Cats boards sometime. The Aussies there are quite friendly and easy to understand once you get used to the lingo. <grin, duck, run>

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
LOL at the North Coast.
My first was the Buckeyes v Washington State in Seattle in the mid 70s: Archie Griffin. We went up to Seattle on a family holiday and my dad and I went to the game. Decent seats too, first block from field behind Buckeyes bench. Fun trivia: in kindergarten~G2 I used to get hayfever shots at my godmother's house. Apparently I was a roaming little guy, according the stories I had to hear at reunions. One day, at my godmother's place I disappeared while she and my mom chatted. Turns out I was down the street playing with some slightly older neighbor boys, the Griffin brothers! The younger ones at least. lol
I tell you, I kind of miss Ohio. I've never been back since I moved, but once on a cross-country drive to Atlanta from Minnesota we crossed through a bit of Illinois and Indiana. The air was noticeably different and familiar at the same time. :) Really sent me back a few decades.
Anyway come on over the Cats boards sometime. The Aussies there are quite friendly and easy to understand once you get used to the lingo. <grin, duck, run>

Back