Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's STILL *******s in the media and twitter running wth the " POOR GLADYS " line.

Us lefties gonna have to stick that one up the sleeve for a rainy day for the inevitable next time a Labor member has to resign over not replacing the ink cartridges :rolleyes:

If she realised he was deliberately trying to minimise it. Which is the problem. A lot of this comes back to her state of mind, which can only be inferred from her actions. That is very hard to do with any degree of conclusivity.

I still haven’t seen anything that shows she broke any rules, but the claim she had no idea anything was going on doesn’t pass the sniff test.
Caesar- the I dont need to know anything about it is a dead give away.

She then has to update her ministerial interests in that situation which she didnt do.

If she realised he was deliberately trying to minimise it. Which is the problem. A lot of this comes back to her state of mind, which can only be inferred from her actions. That is very hard to do with any degree of conclusivity.

I still haven’t seen anything that shows she broke any rules, but the claim she had no idea anything was going on doesn’t pass the sniff test.
The key is whether she knew what he was doing. Hard to believe someone in such a close personal relationship for so long was completely oblivious. However for her to go there needs to be more than it being hard to believe. The timing of her giving him the heave-ho was intriguing.

Of course political parties are adept at dumping leaders if the political heat becomes too much.

Would rather Gladys down here than who we got now. At least her state is open for business.

Sydney has been absolutely booming under her and if you go back further, she was the transport minister who kickstarted massive infrastructure projects.

Where’s our version of the second harbour crossing? Hell we spent a billion not to build something.

Unfortunately she’s human and fell for a loser. Could happen to any of us.
and whilst the Morrison stooge is running around trying to find shelter from the revelation that she's a gangster's moll, NSW is heading down the same path as Victoria with COVID. Hat's off to Bonnie!

and whilst the Morrison stooge is running around trying to find shelter from the revelation that she's a gangster's moll, NSW is heading down the same path as Victoria with COVID. Hat's off to Bonnie!

Check the numbers and get back to me.

As someone born in Victoria it hurts me to say this but “the winner is Sydaney”

The prick told her about his wheeling and dealing and the doe he was making from these clandestine dealings and she said , "WHOO-HOO". She's a gangster's moll!!

Check the numbers and get back to me.

As someone born in Victoria it hurts me to say this but “the winner is Sydaney”
Check back here in a couple of weeks and I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, but check back in here and tell us what's happenning in NSW. By the way, NSW changed the way they report COVID numbers a while back which has greatly skewed what is actually happening in the land of crime and corruption - Askin would be looking down, or up actually and thinking why wasn't I around these days?

Would rather Gladys down here than who we got now. At least her state is open for business.

Sydney has been absolutely booming under her and if you go back further, she was the transport minister who kickstarted massive infrastructure projects.

Where’s our version of the second harbour crossing? Hell we spent a billion not to build something.

Unfortunately she’s human and fell for a loser. Could happen to any of us.

Quality parody account

Sorry but the two are mutually exclusive - you can't even suspect he was engaging in anything approaching corruption and not report it - it's a critical responsibility of all public servants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Latham speech in the Legislative Council and was surprised to actually find that I thought it was good. Can anyone enlighten me about what he was saying about her taking control of the Planning Commission in Sydney? Is that bit true and if so why haven't I seen more about it in the media? Also, that seems like a fairly obvious conflict of interest to me and if true I think she probably needs to go but again haven't seen it talked about much outside of that speech so would be interested in any further take on it.

Sorry but the two are mutually exclusive - you can't even suspect he was engaging in anything approaching corruption and not report it - it's a critical responsibility of all public servants.
The threshold is reasonable suspicion of corrupt conduct. Depending on what else comes out I can maybe believe she never met that threshold (or at least have enough doubt to be unsure either way).

I just don’t believe it’s because she was uninterested. She knew Maguire was doing property deals and there was a deliberate effort to insulate herself from knowing too much about them. That shows a distinct lack of interest in preventing corruption or conflicts - rather a preoccupation with seeking to avoid responsibility for them.

Can anyone enlighten me about what he was saying about her taking control of the Planning Commission in Sydney? Is that bit true and if so why haven't I seen more about it in the media? Also, that seems like a fairly obvious conflict of interest to me and if true I think she probably needs to go but again haven't seen it talked about much outside of that speech so would be interested in any further take on it.
The Berejiklian government has put a lot of emphasis on reducing bureaucracy and consolidating the public service in general. Part of this has been a focus on centralising the development of Sydney under the Department of Premier and Cabinet.

It probably started with the move of Infrastructure NSW from Planning to the DPC in 2011 by the O’Farrell government (a move that signalled the effective neutering of the Department of Planning). INSW was responsible for coordinating and controlling all public sector infrastructure development (everything from roads to hospitals).

In 2017, land release agency Landcom was restructured. Part of it was given specific responsibility for high density housing in Sydney, renamed UrbanGrowth, and hived off from Planning to the DPC.

In 2018, the Greater Sydney Commission was also moved from Planning to the DPC. The GSC has a pretty wide-ranging brief for planning the future of Sydney.

In 2019, UrbanGrowth and Barangaroo Development Corporation were merged into Infrastructure NSW - creating a mega-authority that reports directly to the premier. Around the same time it was announced that planning legislation would be overhauled and streamlined.

In some ways it is a good thing. Very few of these agencies were accomplishing anything whilst decentralised as a lot of their work touched on every arm of government. Merging them and giving them primacy has resulted in a much more coherent and effective development strategy for Sydney, across both public and private sectors.

On the other hand, the government has definitely been seen as way too developer-friendly. Some decisions (like the stadiums) have been absolute crap.

Unfortunately NSW has always had a highly politicised planning process compared to other states. The move by O’Farrell to neuter the Planning department was largely applauded at the time - it had a reputation of being highly dodgy under the Carr government and its successors, and the planning process was regarded as needing closer oversight.

It leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth to find out that the person who was supposed to be providing that oversight was secretly sleeping with a corrupt MP who was in the pocket of developers.

Last edited:
The threshold is reasonable suspicion of corrupt conduct. Depending on what else comes out I can maybe believe she never met that threshold (or at least have enough doubt to be unsure either way).

I just don’t believe it’s because she was uninterested. She knew Maguire was doing property deals and there was a deliberate effort to insulate herself from knowing too much about them. That shows a distinct lack of interest in preventing corruption or conflicts - rather a preoccupation with seeking to avoid responsibility for them.

"I don't need to know about that bit"

Why wouldn't she want to know?
The only answer is that she suspected corruption.

jAhY3GL.jpg

A few cases each day which the Health Dept traces and has individuals isolate while the other 8 million of us go about our slightly modified lives?

You think we have it bad here ???

MacGuire was telling her all about his corrupt dealings and she responded, "I don't need to know about that bit".

Put that quote into google and you'll find everything.

A few cases each day which the Health Dept traces and has individuals isolate while the other 8 million of us go about our slightly modified lives?

You think we have it bad here ???
Never said you had it bad there. I told the other chap that cases are climbing in NSW and that he shouldn't be complacent - or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back