Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...ays-maguire-relationship-20201019-p566bd.html

He wasn't my boyfriend. He wasn't anything of note': Premier downplays Maguire relationship

So the whole poor love struck innocent woman taken advantage of by a big bad man narrative obviously didn't get as much traction as they hoped.
Corrupt filth, both of them they deserved each other but they're Libs so it doesn't matter. Watch her mental health become the next reason to feel sorry for her.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...ays-maguire-relationship-20201019-p566bd.html

He wasn't my boyfriend. He wasn't anything of note': Premier downplays Maguire relationship

So the whole poor love struck innocent woman taken advantage of by a big bad man narrative obviously didn't get as much traction as they hoped.

This is about definitions

I heard on the weekend apparently the term "intimate relationship" has specific disclosure requirements under NSW laws, with the assumption being you have some degree of shared financing

Her use of "personal relationship" is a way of firewalling from the disclosure requirements

With this guy sinking fast, that's why she's now saying they had a sexual relationship for five years, that wasn't intimate, or even at a level she considered him her boyfriend.

It's either long term friends with benefits, or a crock of s**t

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With this guy sinking fast, that's why she's now saying they had a sexual relationship for five years, that wasn't intimate, or even at a level she considered him her boyfriend.

It's either long term friends with benefits, or a crock of sh*t
It's a crock of s**t. Gladys isn't the most attractive 50 year old woman I've ever seen, granted, but if she was just looking to get railed, I'm sure she could have done better than Maguire, who even looks like a sleazy grub.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's a crock of sh*t. Gladys isn't the most attractive 50 year old woman I've ever seen, granted, but if she was just looking to get railed, I'm sure she could have done better than Maguire, who even looks like a sleazy grub.

Australian politics (state and federal) is the closet thing in the world to The Greatest Showman.

It is simply a madhouse full of misfits and freaks.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is about definitions

I heard on the weekend apparently the term "intimate relationship" has specific disclosure requirements under NSW laws, with the assumption being you have some degree of shared financing

Her use of "personal relationship" is a way of firewalling from the disclosure requirements
‘Intimate relationship’ under the NSW rules means intimate financial relationship.

i.e. whether or not you are intimate with someone depends on whether you are involved with each other’s financial affairs - not whether you are having sex.

Intimate relationship under the NSW rules means intimate financial relationship.

i.e. whether or not you are intimate with someone depends on whether you are involved with each other’s financial affairs - not whether you are having sex.

im aware of this, but its also ridiculous hearing her say the relationship wasnt intimate, they were just personal friends, and playing it down when they were together for 5 years

how many 5 year + relationships have you had that were not intimate (excluding your bookie :p)?

im aware of this, but its also ridiculous hearing her say the relationship wasnt intimate, they were just personal friends, and playing it down when they were together for 5 years

how many 5 year + relationships have you had that were not intimate (excluding your bookie :p)?

It was not a relationship for the purposes of ICAC, disclosure, corruption, Gladys' integrity, accountability....but it was a relationship that she had to keep from her family.

It also wasn't the relationship that took her to Wagga every other week, it was parliamentary business. The Member for Willoughby often has to deal with a constituent's problems in Wagga.

Last edited:

Firenze

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Corrupt filth, both of them they deserved each other but they're Libs so it doesn't matter. Watch her mental health become the next reason to feel sorry for her.
That's a major change of tune. Five years, three of bonking, and he didn't mean much to Glady. Speaks of desperation.

7.30 have two Murdoch reporters on to discuss Gladys (Overington and Maiden) they both defend her, Maiden less so, and at the end Overington blames Daniel Andrews! Sales immediately ends with thank you. Bizarre

Not shocked at all.
ABC has turned into a division of News-scum.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
7.30 have two Murdoch reporters on to discuss Gladys (Overington and Maiden) they both defend her, Maiden less so, and at the end Overington blames Daniel Andrews! Sales immediately ends with thank you. Bizarre

I just watched that - WOW

Apparently ICAC has cleared her guys - nothing to see. I mean there is the small issue that 1/ they were not investigating her in the first place and 2/ they haven’t finished yet, but, yeah

I assume the NSW ICAC will move their attention to the Victorian premier now

overingtons a *en idiot and always has been.

*en edgelord before it was cool

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Epidemiologist on ABC radio a few weeks ago was saying don't get our hopes up about a vaccine. Absolutely no reason to assume we'll discover one. We haven't found one for the common cold, or for HIV.

But he said the really hopeful area of research is for, like HIV, really good treatments for it.

HIV is no longer a death sentence; people with HIV now lead productive lives and he said he has real hope that same would apply eventually for Covid.

Anyway, probs for another thread...
Exactly and that is what we have been doing; we have worked out ways of greatly improving peoples chances of survival by the types of treatment they have been getting, for example, putting patients in the prone position (face down) whilst being ventilated with low tidal volume can reduce mortality only when prescribed for patients with severe impaired oxygenation but as you say, probs for another thread...

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
1603155309467.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back