Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe the Premier of NSW gave an interview to Kyle Sandilands.

I can't believe she continued after he said he always thought she was gay, and that secret sex is the best sex

My missus asked me why she did it, I just answered "it's Sydney"

Daryl Maguire, a former MP under investigation for alleged corruption, had a key to the NSW Premier’s Sydney home, One Nation member Mark Latham has claimed in NSW parliament.

Addressing the leader of the government in the upper house on Thursday, Mr Latham asked: “Minister, given that Daryl Maguire had a key to the Premier’s north shore home for many years, and while co-habitating came and went as he liked, as recently as last month – doesn’t this demonstrate an intimate personal relationship, and the Premier’s failure under the ministerial code of conduct to declare all of Maguire’s business interests?”
The leader of the government, Don Harwin, responded he’ll take the question on notice.
Mr Latham’s claim calls into question Ms Berejiklian’s insistence that her relationship with Mr Maguire was insignificant.
The Premier has told the media she kept her relationship with him private because she “didn’t feel the relationship had sufficient substance to be made public”.

Daryl Maguire, a former MP under investigation for alleged corruption, had a key to the NSW Premier’s Sydney home, One Nation member Mark Latham has claimed in NSW parliament.

Addressing the leader of the government in the upper house on Thursday, Mr Latham asked: “Minister, given that Daryl Maguire had a key to the Premier’s north shore home for many years, and while co-habitating came and went as he liked, as recently as last month – doesn’t this demonstrate an intimate personal relationship, and the Premier’s failure under the ministerial code of conduct to declare all of Maguire’s business interests?”
The leader of the government, Don Harwin, responded he’ll take the question on notice.
Mr Latham’s claim calls into question Ms Berejiklian’s insistence that her relationship with Mr Maguire was insignificant.
The Premier has told the media she kept her relationship with him private because she “didn’t feel the relationship had sufficient substance to be made public”.
Wonder how Biff found that out...

This actually makes me sad, that the political process has been reduced to dealing with that mouthbreather.

From secret sex to a George Costanza fetish, Kyle Sandilands didn’t hold back when firing off cringey questions to NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian about her relationship with former MP Daryl Maguire.

She also spoke to Ben Fordham on 2GB where she said she was in love with Mr Maguire but he wasn’t her boyfriend.
The KIIS FM host confessed he once thought Ms Berejiklian was into members of the same sex, which the Premier said was not the case but argued there would be nothing wrong with it if she was.

He continued to poke the Premier about “getting her freak on” with Mr Maguire in an embarrassing interview before suggesting there were similarities between the pair having both had relationships with colleagues.

“You’d think the premier and Kyle Sandilands couldn’t be two more polar opposites but then I was having sex with seven people at the radio station I worked at in Perth when I was living over there,” he said.

The Premier quipped: “Well, that’s a record I can’t break.”

“I was embarrassed because I think I might have said you were a lesbian at one stage,” the radio host also noted.

Despite confessing to being in a relationship with Mr Maguire for five years, Ms Berejiklian said she didn’t even tell her family or friends about it.

It only came to light due to a recent ICAC inquiry into Mr Maguire.

“Even though you’re the premier and very good at your job, don’t you find that secret sex is the best sex,” Sandilands asked.

Ms Berejikian laughed but ignored his awkward line of questioning, remaining tight-lipped about the intimate details of her and Mr Maguire’s relationship.

“It has made me much more empathetic and understanding of people’s circumstances,” Ms Berejiklian said of the debacle.

“You never imagine it could happen to you. If you told me a year ago that this would happen to me, I wouldn’t have believed you.

“It feels like I’m watching a movie … it’s a horror movie.”

Sandilands also questioned the Premier’s taste in men.

“When I watch Seinfeld with my friends some think Jerry is hot, others think Kramer is hot, but you would have thought George is hot,” he said.

“We won’t go there,” Ms Berejiklian replied.

“In a couple of months time I might be able to have those conversations. I will get into that space where I can self-deprecate.”

Ms Berejiklian said she found out a few months ago about the extent of what authorities were looking at in regard to Mr Maguire’s wrongdoing.

But the details that emerged later on “floored” her.

“I was contacted some months ago but I had to respect the process,” she said.

The events that have unfolded have made the Premier feel “stronger” and “more human than I’ve ever felt”.

Earlier on Monday the Premier was quizzed about why she was so drawn to her former lover.

Ms Berejiklian told 2GB’s Ben Fordham that she had known Mr Maguire for more than a decade, which she found “appealing”, and had built up a close friendship and trust that had since been shattered into pieces following bombshell revelations of an illegal visa for cash scam.

“When you’ve known them for so long, you trust them,” she said.

“It wasn’t a normal relationship. He wasn’t my boyfriend.

“I was certainly in love with him… but no, he wasn’t my boyfriend.

“Close and personal is the best way to describe it – after a certain point it became more.”

The Premier said she hoped the relationship would progress further but it was never “sufficiently substantial” enough to introduce Mr Maguire to her family and friends.

“I didn’t want to introduce someone unless it was the real deal,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“It’s excruciating to talk about.

“I have less dating experience than the average person. I’ve always been focused on my job, work, family and have had no time for anything else.”

The Premier remained adamant she had no idea of Mr Maguire’s dodgy dealings and said had she had known she would “have done something about it”.

MPs are allowed to do deals and earn money but they must be disclosed in the right way.

“Everyone knows I’m a stickler, there would be no benefit if someone told me they’d done wrong,” she said, when asked about how she was so oblivious to what Mr Maguire was doing behind her back.

“We thought he was someone of honesty and integrity. When you start from a position of trust, you’ve known them for years and they’re good at their job, people have trust in them.

“Everything you hear and see is from that perspective.”

She said Mr Maguire was furious when she sacked him in 2018 for corruption claims but argued she couldn’t abandon him completely because he had lost all his friends and was in a dark place.

The Premier also argued she had always remained transparent and open to assisting ICAC despite not disclosing her relationship earlier.

“I had done nothing wrong and I had confidence in the process. They (ICAC) would have come to me if they needed anything,” she said.

When probed again about a tapped phone call where Ms Berejiklian said “I don't need to know that part” when Mr Maguire was speaking about businesses deals, the Premier said it did not cross her mind that he was up to anything untoward.

“I can’t assure you I was actually listening to the conversation,” she said.

“Knowing myself, I probably wasn’t paying attention.”

While maintaining a stern public facade over the last whirlwind of a week, Ms Berejiklian confessed she hadn’t always had dry eyes.

“Privately there have been tears,” she said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting it here.

Absolutely disgraceful

OK so the accusations in the early part are that
* Narrendera council is getting grant after grant but the money isn't showing up in projects. Millions of dollars in play.
* The council is allowing friends to dump sewage that flows onto this guy's property, giving his child some horrible infection.
* $500k spent on a feasibility study to see if the train line could be reopened. Report will not be made public.
* And so on. Will watch more later.

Looks pretty awful, and apparently journos won't touch it because it's too big for them.

Last edited:
I think she's in trouble now.

Deleted electronic records with no paper backups fails the pub test.

Surely the emails arent deleted deleted. Paper I understand.

Interesting that its over $40,000. My electorate got $90,000,000. My State MP was having an affair with another pollie.

Clearly I need to move in to state politics. Its a Roman orgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back