Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You'd think so. But it seems that someone has carelessly left a tractor lying around in the office.

Worked for Bush and Clinton in the US.

Making its way here now.

If all evidence was knowingly destroyed and no legitimate reason given the staffer needs to be sacked. But not before confirming under oath who ordered everything be destroyed. If Gladys then she has to resign.

There are 2 reasons to delete. One is to cover up,the other if you arent proceding.

My #1 hate with governments is them hiding how our money is spent. All the public private partnerships. Or the protected dealings.

Unless its national security it belongs in the end of year expenditures. Broken down by department and by politician.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Worked for Bush and Clinton in the US.

Making its way here now.

If all evidence was knowingly destroyed and no legitimate reason given the staffer needs to be sacked. But not before confirming under oath who ordered everything be destroyed. If Gladys then she has to resign.

There are 2 reasons to delete. One is to cover up,the other if you arent proceding.

My #1 hate with governments is them hiding how our money is spent. All the public private partnerships. Or the protected dealings.

Unless its national security it belongs in the end of year expenditures. Broken down by department and by politician.

Yes indeed.

My other pet peeve is people caught out doing the wrong thing "agree to pay back the money" as if that is all the penalty that should be applied. They would have kept it had they not been found out. Paying back the money should be the least part of their punishments.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Imagine destroying anything related to expenditure/contracts etc in private business. I mean even if you were like "it's her private life" in the beginning you'd have to be questioning all that is coming out post the romantic revelations.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My other pet peeve is people caught out doing the wrong thing "agree to pay back the money" as if that is all the penalty that should be applied. They would have kept it had they not been found out. Paying back the money should be the least part of their punishments.
Eh, I usually see that as the equivalent of an out-of-court settlement. Usually it happens where they have done something that’s a bit on the nose, but technically within the rules (or very difficult to prove otherwise).

They can’t really be punished but they elect to repay the money anyway as sort of a face saving gesture that benefits both sides. The detractors come away with a win of sorts and the dodgy person gets to look a bit magnanimous.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes indeed.

Yep. If we steal money the penalty isnt paying back the money we stole.

I’m less sure than I was last week. Every average punter I’ve talked to is buying the ‘poor Gladys’ line.

Her personal popularity is really paying dividends.
Which is fine.
Just hope Joe Public remembers that the next time some campaigner roots a callgirl or tells someone to turn their phone off.

As i've said from the start of this particular incident , it's not even the ( alleged ) corruption i'm mad about.

Guy I once knew would shred every bit of paper. “The punishment for bad record keeping isn’t nearly as harsh as for tax evasion.”

What a bunch of horrendous crooks.

I’m less sure than I was last week. Every average punter I’ve talked to is buying the ‘poor Gladys’ line.

But we all know you don’t find average punters at the yacht club! ;)

I thought Trump supporters would make good marks but if you're average punter in NSW is saying that then maybe we have a new winner.

I can’t believe the Premier of NSW gave an interview to Kyle Sandilands.
I feel like this needs some ICAC like thing against bad taste

Kyle bloody Sandilands and politics is a very very odd combo

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought Trump supporters would make good marks but if you're average punter in NSW is saying that then maybe we have a new winner.

Our Premier is popular being she is doing a great job.

Compare this to the Vic premier who is popular despite being incompetent, a liar, and willing to ruin anyone else's career to save his own skin.

I dont know who the Premier of SA is. I doubt most South Australians know. Tiny little place propped up by our GST money. But there are lots of pretty churches. And Hahndorf is nice.

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes she did.

Poor Gladys. So damaged in love she's taken to publicly debasing herself.
If Gladys does resign, I can already see the promo for the next season of Love Island.

She said she'd never love again...

I think she's in trouble now.

Deleted electronic records with no paper backups fails the pub test.
Just spin it into the heartbreak narrative. Haven't you ever been through a hard breakup? Evidence of pork barrelling in marginal seats can bring back hurtful memories of the man who wronged you. Best to just delete everything - start fresh with a clean slate and move on with your life.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why is it always the ******* shooters clubs that cash in?
Still, less than McKenzie gave away and she's still got her job.
Speaking of dickhead bridge....

Go suss the liberal party thread

If Gladys does resign, I can already see the promo for the next season of Love Island.

She said she'd never love again...

Just spin it into the heartbreak narrative. Haven't you ever been through a hard breakup? Evidence of pork barrelling in marginal seats can bring back hurtful memories of the man who wronged you. Best to just delete everything - start fresh with a clean slate and move on with your life.
Naturally, you'd have to replace "pneumonia" with "corona" in the lyrics.

Remember Sam Dastyari getting *en hounded by the wolves in PH ??.......

Dead silence form the usual bootlickers because they know i'm bang on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back