Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a $10bn infrastructure program with 80+ major projects, but you can review a breakdown here. I haven't done a breakdown by seat, but several of the centrepiece projects are in Labor heartland (the Newcastle and Liverpool redevelopments are getting $1bn+ each).

There was a recent Audit Office report that criticised some of the value-for-money aspects of some of the projects, but as far as I am aware there has not been any suggestion of pork barrelling. It's a pretty comprehensive program and has been desperately needed for a long, long time.

This lists projects completed in 2012. I appreciate the link though.

No, heavy rail. Residents of southwestern and northwestern Sydney have been waiting on them for years - the northwestern link, Bob Carr promised would happen 15-20 years ago. People had just about given up on them ever happening.

They've been waiting years because they take years. The northwestern link started construction in 2014. If this is the source of Gladys' popularity my faith in the voting public somehow goes lower.

This lists projects completed in 2012. I appreciate the link though.
The tool tracks all projects completed or planned by HI, but the current round of development includes 80+ projects totalling $10.7bn.

They've been waiting years because they take years. The northwestern link started construction in 2014.
It was promised to start in 2005, five premiers ago. The Bankstown extension likewise. Ditto the Northwest Link. Ditto the M1 North upgrade.

Berejiklian is certainly benefiting from some projects that were commenced by Baird and O’Farrell, but the reality is that people are just happy that they’re finally seeing action on old, overloaded infrastructure.

If you don’t live in NSW you probably don’t get it

But the fact is, no other major party refuses corporate donations as part of their platform, so being above board seems to be an integral part of the package they want to get across to voters.
Careful, certain intellectually dishonest posters might again claim that unions, estates of the deceased and the Greens themselves are all corporations lobbying the Greens with donations.

I can’t believe you still have your panties in a knot about not understanding what a corporate entity is
I can't believe you're dumb enough to claim unions, estates and political parties are corporations in the context of corporate donations. It really shows how mind-bogglingly stupid you can be, which is funny when you think you know everything about everything.

giphy.gif

She not just another grubby politician she looks significantly worse, an honourable person would have resigned when the Maguire allegations came out.
Why didn’t Gillard resign then when the allegations came out against her? Double standards as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn’t Gillard resign then when the allegations came out against her? Double standards as usual.
Whatever the BS allegations against Gillard, they concerned events from years before her prime ministership. The accusations against Bladders concern a very questionable relationship that has run during her premiership and only just ended. As usual, your claim of a double standard is unfounded.

So glad I put you on Ignore.

Ye na, it is not.
Says the expert
Whatever the BS allegations against Gillard, they concerned events from years before her prime ministership. The accusations against Bladders concern a very questionable relationship that has run during her premiership and only just ended. As usual, your claim of a double standard is unfounded.

So glad I put you on Ignore.
Yet your fan club in here wants a Federal ICAC even though the State body found no evidence of corruption.

Even if you think Gillard was guilty as sin, an opinion not supported by the Royal Commission's findings btw, she was on the cover of newspapers for months, all demanding her resignation. The same papers that lament's Berejiklian's poor taste in men suggesting that she be given a break.

What will it take for this women to resign? If she'd held any other position in any other industry she would have already resigned in abject disgrace.

She has an approval rating of + 60 and the Labor opposition in NSW is completely hopeless.

Unlike her counterpart in Victoria, she hasn’t got 800 deaths on her hands. Unlike Andrews, she and her Govt. have invested in public health for years and have never gutted that like Andrews. As a result, she didn’t need to shut down the state’s economy to bide time for an inadequate public health system.

At the same time she is taking the large bulk of international arrivals back to Australia.

You may need to understand she is going nowhere. Keep on yelling at the clouds. Her popularity in NSW is a big reason federal Liberal got decent swings in most NSW seats in 2019.

She has an approval rating of + 60 and the Labor opposition in NSW is completely hopeless.

Unlike her counterpart in Victoria, she hasn’t got 800 deaths on her hands. Unlike Andrews, she and her Govt. have invested in public health for years and have never gutted that like Andrews. As a result, she didn’t need to shut down the state’s economy to bide time for an inadequate public health system.

At the same time she is taking the large bulk of international arrivals back to Australia.

You may need to understand she is going nowhere. Keep on yelling at the clouds. Her popularity in NSW is a big reason federal Liberal got decent swings in most NSW seats in 2019.
Multiple examples of corruption and you're just happy to let it slide by because she's one of your own. Sad but not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back