Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there an article last year during Melbourne's lockdown that contact tracing doesn't work after > 20 infections per day?

Why haven't we followed this advice?
Because this time it's different.... yada yada yada

With the Victorian lived experience a number on this board have, watching the NSW response is like watching a slow motion car crash
And just like a slow motion car crash it's hard to look away.

So any bets on when the next few LGA will be singled out for "Enhanced Lockdown"?

And please remember people in those 8 LGAs Gladys isn't mad at you she's just disappointed.

So any bets on when the next few LGA will be singled out for "Enhanced Lockdown"?

And please remember people in those 8 LGAs Gladys isn't mad at you she's just disappointed.

3, to 5, now 8

nsw pretending this isnt spreading outside of Fairfield is like the Freo board thinking they are one rookie away from being a contender

Wasn't there an article last year during Melbourne's lockdown that contact tracing doesn't work after > 20 infections per day?

Why haven't we followed this advice?

I think we had more than that over Christmas. Plus, how is that metric even calculated ? Each state has different methods and different numbers of tracers.

Imagine expecting government from your elected representatives.

3, to 5, now 8

nsw pretending this isnt spreading outside of Fairfield is like the Freo board thinking they are one rookie away from being a contender
Only 22 to go.

Gladys will get there eventually.

Is that an updated number? It was 46 full spreadys and 22 partials this morning, plus a whole lot (62) who were still to be determined.

I took 62 in community + 22 part iso.

chatted to my mate who is working alongside nsw health

completely overwhelmed as you would expect. mentioned it was taken for granted because they did such a good job over xmas with the northern beaches that they would be able to stop this wave. they highlighted that was relatively easy to shut down and stem movement because there are only 3 main arterial road(s) going in and out of that region, it was natural/artificial borders that curtailed that wave and made contract tracing so easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chatted to my mate who is working alongside nsw health

completely overwhelmed as you would expect. mentioned it was taken for granted because they did such a good job over xmas with the northern beaches that they would be able to stop this wave. they highlighted that was relatively easy to shut down and stem movement because there are only 3 main arterial road(s) going in and out of that region, it was natural/artificial borders that curtailed that wave and made contract tracing so easy
Gold Standard geography

Let me just say, if we hadn't of locked down we'd be having thousands of cases a day and many more deaths.

Can't believe the gutless journalists at the press conferences don't call her out on any of this rubbish.
What about that is rubbish?

I think this is why (hopefully) the majority of the public are so annoyed. Like, the playbook is right there in front of her, she refuses to do it because she would rather sink a state than be seen to copy Dan. She is too much of a puppet to stand firm, a lot of faceless business contacts in the background with knives ready to go if she doesn't keep their industry going.

Exactly was their dumb ideology and hubris which has them where they are now. Very hard to feel much sympathy.

ahhhhhhhhhhh hook this sh!t into my veins

To the people in NSW who didn't vote Liberal/Nats: I'm so sorry you're going through this

To the people that did: ohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh suck it

this is just absolute savagery!!

normally his voice shits me to tears and i click off after a few minutes but this is just the most brutal slapdown ive seen.

Last edited:
How about mandating better facilities at apartment blocks?

Better housing options so you don't always need to have large numbers of people in one residence?

Better supermarket setups?

Better income support so people don't need to go out for risky work, bringing Covid back to their residence?

Acceptance that local restrictions have not worked yet?

But it's easier to blame the brown people. We see you.
No the browns do it deliberately because they are brown……

-hairy ars3hOle

You still haven't said what you might do to solve the problem, by the way.
Opened up to save the economy

thats the absolute hilarious thing about these f%}^% d#}%%ds

- dictatOr Dan kilLeD 800 peOpLe

errrr dribblehead what exactly do you think the liberals would have done differently if they were in power?

locked down earlier? Orly? Please show your workings on paper!

locked down harder??? Orly? But dont you call him dictator dan? Im assuming you call him this as you disagree with harsher measures to stop covid.

please explain how the liberals would have kept that number under 800 without locking down or harsh measures.

the right really dont send their best and brightest to argue politics do they?

Opened up to save the economy

thats the absolute hilarious thing about these f%}^% d#}%%ds

- dictatOr Dan kilLeD 800 peOpLe

errrr dribblehead what exactly do you think the liberals would have done differently if they were in power?

locked down earlier? Orly? Please show your workings on paper!

locked down harder??? Orly? But dont you call him dictator dan? Im assuming you call him this as you disagree with harsher measures to stop covid.

please explain how the liberals would have kept that number under 800 without locking down or harsh measures.

the right really dont send their best and brightest to argue politics do they?

The right's argument is literally 'Opposite what you think/do' but in a more whinier entitled moany tone. Helps they have their own dedicated TV channel and 98% of print media to help facilitate that.

I've got skin in the game and ears to the ground and interwebs.

My prediction is Burwood.
If Rockdale had not amalgamated with Botany to form Bayside LGA, I'd have Rockdale on equal footing with Burwood.

As the Campsie multi-venue outbreak testing, test results and contact tracing wash through, I think there will be a bit of shock at how many are infected from this that worked at, lived in, or shopped at Campsie in the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back