List Mgmt. Glass, Cousins and Hanrahan sign contract extensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie Ollie Ollie

Oi Oi Oi!

Good news for the three, the club obviously like what they have seen.

Excellent work from wrighty and the young lads. Here's hoping they all end up being 300 game players. With 20 premierships between them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousins reminds me of Sam Mitchell, so far as he could be anything, but it depends on just how hard he wants to work for it. Glass is really showing something, which isn't bad for an Irishman who has known the game for all of two seconds. Been hearing positive feedback for Ollie as well, so these are all important signings.

Cousins reminds me of Sam Mitchell, so far as he could be anything, but it depends on just how hard he wants to work for it. Glass is really showing something, which isn't bad for an Irishman who has known the game for all of two seconds. Been hearing positive feedback for Ollie as well, so these are all important signings.

Ollie is class, all class. Only query on him is if he gets enough of it.

Ollie could be anything. He is very exciting for such a young bloke.

There's a coupe of his little cameos in the Box Hill highlights posted today(pity the camera only really catches one side of the ground.)

Surprised that Cousins isn't being elevated this year given its a relatively poor draft year.
I think rookies can play without being elevated next year

He also has to get back from his shoulder injury, build his tank and wait his turn, but has a taste this year and hopefully more next.
He looks like a keeper

Re: Contract extensions as a rookie, i'd suggest the club have done it with the promise that they will see what happens during trade/draft time, and upgrade them then if they don't have anyone they're interested. Gives them flexibility at that time of year.

Ollie Ollie Ollie

Oi Oi Oi!

Good news for the three, the club obviously like what they have seen.

Yup, Hanrahan the one most likely to have the real X-factor while the other two have already shown they can be very good players.

Re: Contract extensions as a rookie, i'd suggest the club have done it with the promise that they will see what happens during trade/draft time, and upgrade them then if they don't have anyone they're interested. Gives them flexibility at that time of year.
I think its the new CBA at work. Next year Category A rookies can play AFL without having to be upgraded to the senior list. So they can extend Cousins and Ollie and tell them they have the opportunity to play next year but at the same time keep space free on the primary list. I'm also not sure at this stage what the difference to TPP will be next year with rookies so there could be something there as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back