Evo47

All Australian
Suspended
Jan 5, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-29/mrp-full-statement-round-five

Really annoying but probably expected....

Darren Glass, West Coast, has been charged with a level two engaging in rough conduct offence (225 demerit points, two-match sanction) for engaging in rough conduct against Paul Stewart, Port Adelaide, during the second quarter of the Round Five match between West Coast and Port Adelaide, played at AAMI Stadium on Saturday April 27, 2013.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, his two-match sanction must remain at two matches, even with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Port Adelaide Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of 82.81 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 307.81 demerit points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 230.86 points and a two-match sanction.

That's what you get for playing 2006 footy in 2013 (netball). This game is seriously becoming a ******* joke - nothing in it, the guy played possum, got up and carried on.

Hey, at least Mums everywhere might let little 'Kaleb' or 'Tyson' play auskick next year instead of soccer.

Good, I wanted him to rest these next two weeks anyway, both for him and to give Brown an extended run. Will pave the way for Schofield to return and redeem himself and we are playing two of the weakest opposition going around.

What an absolute joke - no damage done,the Port player got straight back up as soon as the free kick was paid.
On the other hand, Matt Priddis was knocked out in the first five minutes and will probably miss next week when he had his arm pinned and his head slammed into the ground - but the MRP found Monfries had no case to answer. Where is the justice in the two decisions ???

Good, I wanted him to rest these next two weeks anyway, both for him and to give Brown an extended run. Will pave the way for Schofield to return and redeem himself and we are playing two of the weakest opposition going around.

God we have got some muppet supporters..
Yes its great he got 2 weeks for something soft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could barely stomach the Glass report IF Monfries went for his dodgy tackle but low and behold the AFL prefers to shaft us.

"The tackle laid by Power recruit Angus Monfries on Eagles onballer Matt Priddis was looked at.
Although Priddis was concussed and took no further part in the game, the panel found that "Monfries' tackle was not an inherently dangerous tackle and Priddis was not slung or driven into the ground with excessive force, but the West Coast player was adversely affected by the momentum of a legal tackle"."
A legal tackle I would have thought would not cause a player to be concussed baring accidental contact with a third player. The fact he was concussed solely by Monfries pinning and slinging, what a joke.

If he got him high, it is suspendable.

Whinge all you want but the MRP have at least been consistent with it.

My only question is whether there was any high contact - looked all the world tome like a cross-armed chest bump.

Given Glass's unfortunate lame effort to tackle wingard late in the 4th - I think a 2 week break to get his shoulder right might be a good thing.

Agreed very soft decision made by the MRP. I hope they challenge the decision.

In regards to Monfries tackle on Priddis....nothing wrong there it was a text book tackle. Unfortunate for us Priddis was Ko'd but Monfries was simply applying a tackle.

It is soft, but expected when he got him high. Carry over points add the burn, out for one weeks against only the dogs and most of us would say well that is soft but the rest isn't the worst thing against a team with out that mature key position forward.

I think if we got a cow to wander on a tarp with the number of weeks in small squares on it and sh#t randomly that process would have more consistency than the Match Review Committee. 2 weeks he played out the rest of the game?

Also - are people seriously sooking about the Monfries tackle?

It was a great tackle - with zero malice in it - it wasn't even a free kick.

He grabs priddis, holds the arm to stop him disposing and actually rolls the tackle as well. It was a cracker. It was just unfortunate that Priddis' head hit the ground (side of his head first, as he was rolled).

Great tackle, nothing wrong with it - stop sooking

He grabs priddis, holds the arm to stop him disposing and actually rolls the tackle as well. It was a cracker. It was just unfortunate that Priddis' head hit the ground (side of his head first, as he was rolled).

I have nothing against the tackle however in the context of a 2 week suspension for a bump that did not cause a player to leave the field not even a reprimand for slamming his head on the turf?

yeah nothing in the tackle, that was more a Priddas mistake, he has done that before where he just drops falls face first into the ground, needs to bend knees when getting tackled, would of save him the impact.

Agree. Great post.

As for Glass, the precedent is there. Unfortunate, but they suspend for hits like that even if they are a whisker high. It's not the worst thing in the world though, instead of him pushing through and not playing 100%, the question is now out of his hands. Bring Schofield back in or give Blayne Wilson a go (WAFL suspension pending).

I don't get why everyone cries foul. The AFL isn't reaming us. It's there. Stop using the Us and Them approach to everything, it makes the rest of us look bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back