MRP / Trib. Glass gets a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

You should also tell that to Lyon and Barrett who are also having a cry about it! Apparently Glass "put the guy in hospital" and they want the AFL to intervene with the penalty that they deem far too light.

Eat a dick Lyon.:rainbow:

Barrett can go and eat a big back of dicks, thoroughly dislike that guy.

You should also tell that to Lyon and Barrett who are also having a cry about it! Apparently Glass "put the guy in hospital" and they want the AFL to intervene with the penalty that they deem far too light.

Eat a dick Lyon.:rainbow:

They can go and get ****ed as far as I'm concerned. It's a high-speed contact sport, players are going to get cleaned up from time to time. That doesn't mean the guy that comes off best deserves a suspension.

Phil Davis spent a week in hospital and nearly lost a kidney. Did whoever ran into him get rubbed out? No, because it was just part of the game, not a malicious hit.

Please enjoy the pathetic and biased ramblings of the melbourne rabble. I mean Lyon - say not tank more.
Barrett - a Z grade journalist who has broken more untrue scoops that the bloke trailing the horse and cart.

What's with the media flogs like Derm having a cry about this? And Robbo thinks the AFL should step in and give him more than the 1. Ridiculous. If they didn't step in last year when that weak prick McKernan lined Shep up with an elbow and walked away with 2 weeks they aren't doing anything about this little touch.
I remember how they all applauded when Maxwell got off after breaking the jaw of one of our players in a preseason game. ******* makes me mad.

Take the week and have him fresher for the Derby.

The biggest joke of the week apart from another Ballantyne report/ suspension is Thompson getting a week for his "hit" on Cloke. A free kick yes but definately not a report

Was talking about this the other week and how the MRP would value it. General consensus was it a 4-6 week offense in todays game.

We were all very wrong. Glass did nearly the same thing as Worsfold.

Slobbo and Co's opinion on this is pretty embarrassing, they refuse to address the fact there was no head contact.
Do they understand the rule?
We know the MRP is unpredictable but jumping up and down on this case is just wrong.
Standard crap from 360 again tonight.
But there's no bias from the eastern media.. Nah

He wasn't careless. He deliberately tried to hurt him by making body contact. Which used to be fine as long as you didn't hit him in the head. But apparently you can't even make body contact anymore as they are handing out weeks for it.

The interpretation change has come over the last year or so. Basically they are now saying if you choose to bump, you are responsible for any head contact - be that accidental or not, even if the contact ends up being with ground.

I guess the tribunal is saying what Glass did is on a par with the Kane Cornes thuggery of last season:

To be honest, from the verdicts this week I thought Glasses was more 'dangerous' and significantly more gutless than the Richard Douglas one, however given the results were less sever he cops a lucky break.
[To the poster about having a go at Wingard, I'd say Wingard sitting there knowing he's going to cop it, it significantly more couragous than what Glass did]

The interpretation change has come over the last year or so. Basically they are now saying if you choose to bump, you are responsible for any head contact - be that accidental or not, even if the contact ends up being with ground.

I guess the tribunal is saying what Glass did is on a par with the Kane Cornes thuggery of last season:

To be honest, from the verdicts this week I thought Glasses was more 'dangerous' and significantly more gutless than the Richard Douglas one, however given the results were less sever he cops a lucky break.
[To the poster about having a go at Wingard, I'd say Wingard sitting there knowing he's going to cop it, it significantly more couragous than what Glass did]

Gutless is a bit over the top mate, it was clumsy and reckless, sure, but gutless is over-emotional.

On that semi-relevant note, It pisses me off how supporters of all teams (my own included) use emotional terms to assess physical contests where split-second decisions are made (Not that I'm accusing you of such, you've just used one word that I've taken issue with).

Unless it is clearly pre-meditated, reactive or takes place outside of the field of play, we have no way to judge a player's action.

Glass' action was in the field of play and I get the impression as a senior and bigger body he was simply trying to split the pack to cause a defensive spill in congestion. Was he clumsy and stupid about it? Sure, but that's why we'll take the week and run, he's not Campbell Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutless is a bit over the top mate, it was clumsy and reckless, sure, but gutless is over-emotional.
I'm using the 'gutless' phrase in the context of the guy above having a go at Wingard, and the guy on the previous page using similar language to describe Wingard ... 'stupid' is more accurate as he was never going to influence the contest legally from where he was.

I'm using the 'gutless' phrase in the context of the guy above having a go at Wingard, and the guy on the previous page using similar language to describe Wingard ... 'stupid' is more accurate as he was never going to influence the contest legally from where he was.
Disagree, split seconds between punching the ball and doing what he did. Watch it in real time, not the slow motion replay, there were seriously milliseconds in it. We'll take the week and run, but happy to have our captain attack the contest like that (that's probably the old school footballer in me though).

Was talking about this the other week and how the MRP would value it. General consensus was it a 4-6 week offense in todays game.

Woosha is omniscient, so he knew exactly where the ball was without needing to look. The umps were aware of this...play on.

No problems with that in today's game.

Eyes on the ball, leaps back into a pack to spoil and makes contact with the ball and coldies with the oncoming player.

Different to what glass did which was take his eye of the ball and brace to bump.

You are stil allowed to make head high contact contesting for a mark/ball - think hodge last year. As long as the ball is your focus, you are fine

MRP is crazy Fyfe gets 2 weekd for a accidental headclash, and glass gets only a week for delibratley taking a guy out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back