News Glass to Return home to become the list manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Glass is a bright guy. If I am correct he completed an MBA and worked as a management consultant for a couple of years before going back into the football world.

He is a very classy guy and I welcome him back into the fold.

From Wikipedia

Glass has a commerce degree in finance and marketing from Curtin University.[7][8] He completed a Master of Business Administrationdegree at the University of Western Australia in 2015 has previously worked as a consultant for Boston Consulting Group.[9][10]

Smart cookie obviously and a solid background for a list management role. Brady Rawlings had very little list management experience when he took on the role at west coast (2 years at north in 2012/13 as senior recruiting and induction coach) and he did a good job.

Really happy with this appointment

Also I like how the club gets things like this done with little fanfare. Rawlings was a big loss but we’ve quietly gone about finding a suitable replacement behind the scenes and nobody knows about it until Hawthorn release a statement when their season is done

Great news .

I must admit that it irked me Saturday Night , seeing him in that god dammed awful abomination coloured poos and wee Hawthorn jacket....... just didn’t look right.

Always a nice feeling when a favourite son of the Club returns to the fold.

Yes according to linkedin Commerce major, UWA MBA and a little over three years consulting with 18 months as a junior at BCG. That’s a solid pedigree.

I imagine a lot of on the job coaching from Vozzo but he clearly has all the tools.

One of my very faves, loved his evasive skills when he got the ball.

“Glass will start in November, when his nephew Deven Robertson shapes as one of WA's best draft prospects.”

You just know, Collingwood could get something to happen under a ‘uncle nephew rule’ nobody else could use.

You just know, Collingwood could get something to happen under a ‘uncle nephew rule’ nobody else could use.

Whilst Eddie is kicking up a stink because Gil offered the Sydney CEO one of his chips at a function once and Eddie didnt get any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This role is clearly a stepping stone to the Footy Manager role...wouldn’t be surprised if Vozzo is tapped to take over from Nisbett (as Nisbett did himself from FM, 20+ years ago when Cook left). Vozzo - CEO, Glass - FM.

3-5 years down the line obviously..

First time I met him was at Lord in 2000, had a quick chat about his debut and I remember him saying that he wanted to be a coach at the Eagles one day (LOVES THE CLUB). Its on the cards. Get hyped campaigners.

Did an amazing job at a ******* awful time for the club.

He’s like the Anti-Paine.
Haha Anti-Paine Im using that. Brilliant

"The Eagles have confirmed to AFL.com.au that Glass's appointment will not bring forward Rawlings' December 1 start date at Arden Street."
Rawlings can’t start at north until December but he’s already left the eagles and hasn’t been working at west coast since he decided to accept the north job. Because he was contracted we stipulated that he couldn’t start his new job until after this years trade and draft periods

It's a shame he was captain during our darkest years.

Shame that he couldn’t be a flag captain.

He steadied a fairly rocky ship off field when Judd, Cousins and co. left but. Didn’t get all the results we wanted on field but still a quality leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back