2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 6th of April. Maggies at 7:10pm, Academy at 4.55pm.

2018 SANFL Ticket Information
Adults $14, Concession $8, Children U18 Free

On radio here: http://sanfl.com.au/radio/

SANFL Digital Pass which includes every Port game live and on demand is $60 for the year or $10 per month. ($30 for the year or $6 per month if you know someone that is a member of 1 of the 8 other SANFL clubs) https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

The club will be sweating on a possible Chad Wingard injury (hamstring soreness) so we may see Lindsay Thomas get called up. Also think Atley will at the very least will be held back as the emergency after his dominant display and Trengove will play SANFL after missing the week due to travelling to Sydney as the emergency. Maybe Hayes or Frampton could play in the ruck against Brisbane but I'm not sure that will happen. Toumpas will be assessed due to a minor shoulder soreness he sustained during last weeks game.

If someone gets called up to the AFL then it may open the door for a Maggies listed player to make his SANFL debut. Perhaps Sam Davidson or Simon Wong who just missed out from getting a game last week.

It is also the Academys first game of the season. They played 1 trial game against the Eagles and lost by 80 points so it may be a tough year after they lost over a dozen players to other SANFL clubs in the off-season.

Looking at the ladder, Norwood and Sturt still have to play today, but we are likely to stay top of the ladder after our 95 point win over the crows. Lindsay Thomas is leading the Ken Farmer race by 3 goals after kicking 6. Jack Kluske is =2nd after kicking 3 goals on debut.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:

IN: Trengove, Davidson,
OUT: Toumpas (Shoulder) + Thomas (AFL)

Maggies Side:
F: Johnson - Frampton - Kluske
HF: Farrell - Ladhams - Neade
C: Amon - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Irra - Lienert - Patmore
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Garner
R: Hayes - Trengove - Proude
INT FROM: Snelling - Strange - Davidson
Emerg: Wong

Academy Side:
Allan, Bell, Cameron, Chen, utensil, Coxon, Crompton, Drummond, Finnie, Ginever, Hansen, Jones, Makoi, Mead, North, Ortiz, Patterson, Parker-Boers, Petrohilos, Thorpe-Morgan, Wong.

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 10 points.

Last edited:
Friday 6th of April. Maggies at 7:10pm, Academy at 4.55pm.

2018 SANFL Ticket Information
Adults $14, Concession $8, Children U18 Free

On radio here: http://sanfl.com.au/radio/

SANFL Digital Pass which includes every Port game live and on demand is $60 for the year or $10 per month. ($30 for the year or $6 per month if you know someone that is a member of 1 of the 8 other SANFL clubs) https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

The club will be sweating on a possible Chad Wingard injury (hamstring soreness) so we may see Lindsay Thomas get called up. Also think Atley will at the very least will be held back as the emergency after his dominant display and Trengove will play SANFL after missing the week due to travelling to Sydney as the emergency. Maybe Hayes or Frampton could play in the ruck against Brisbane but I'm not sure that will happen. Toumpas will be assessed due to a minor shoulder soreness he sustained during last weeks game.

If someone gets called up to the AFL then it may open the door for a Maggies listed player to make his SANFL debut. Perhaps Sam Davidson or Simon Wong who just missed out from getting a game last week.

It is also the Academys first game of the season. They played 1 trial game against the Eagles and lost by 80 points so it may be a tough year after they lost over a dozen players to other SANFL clubs in the off-season.

Looking at the ladder, Norwood and Sturt still have to play today, but we are likely to stay top of the ladder after our 95 point win over the crows. Lindsay Thomas is leading the Ken Farmer race by 3 goals after kicking 6. Jack Kluske is =2nd after kicking 3 goals on debut.
View attachment 477827

Predicted Maggies Side:

F: Johnson - Frampton - Kluske
HF: Farrell - Ladhams - Neade
C: Amon - Snelling - Summerton (C)
HB: Irra - Lienert - Patmore
B: McKenzie - Hombsch - Garner
R: Hayes - Trengove - Proude
INT: Strange - Davidson - Wong
EMERG: Simpson - Ortiz

Academy Side TBA: May feature the likes of Mitchell Mead, Sam Davidson, Lewin Davis, Dallas Hill, Simon Wong, Josh Simpson, Michael Ortiz, Ryan North, Jamie Hampton (unknown if he's still at the club), Darcy Ginever and Chen Shaoliang.

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 10 points.
Jamie Hampton signed with NT Thunder and a liability we are better without

Friday night might be tough to get to the bay but will try and get there. Keen to see Hayes, Patmore and Farrell again as well as a few others.

Last time I tried to go to a SANFL game at the bay early last year the line was ginormous and they had one old lady with an ice cream carton full of change doing the tickets (no EFTPOS). I ended up bailing before I even got in.

So they can get ****ed.

#grassrooted

Should be interesting to see how we go against decent opposition. Hope to see Hayes continue last weekends magnificent 3rd Qtr form. Atley and Patmore 2 others to watch.

I get the feeling this might be the week Neade is used as the AFL emergency, he's played a lot of the preseason and been in great form, so might be the one held out but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Trengove woud 100% have to be playing his first game for the Port Magpies this weekend which is also exciting.

SANFL Listed + A bunch of the Academy players in the Maggies team poster in the paper today.

Interesting that former Centrals tall forward Dallas Hill is missing from the picture and isn't on the SANFL list on the club website.

Also looks like we've found another Academy ruck in Mony Makoi to replace Chol Anyang who went to Centrals.
IMG_5142.JPG

Last time I tried to go to a SANFL game at the bay early last year the line was ginormous and they had one old lady with an ice cream carton full of change doing the tickets (no EFTPOS). I ended up bailing before I even got in.

So they can get ******.

#grassrooted
I can understand the appeal of 'grassroots' footy to people, but that's just 3rd world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL Listed + A bunch of the Academy players in the Maggies team poster in the paper today.

Interesting that former Centrals tall forward Dallas Hill is missing from the picture and isn't on the SANFL list on the club website.

Also looks like we've found another Academy ruck in Mony Makoi to replace Chol Anyang who went to Centrals.
View attachment 478774

There was a Mony Makoi playing basketball in Mt Gambier a couple of years back. I assume it's the same guy. He looks 30cm taller than his next tallest team mate.

I remember going to a game at the Bay Oval around 1986-7 and some bloke had a rear ender out front of the oval. He was towing a fair-sized boat and it slid off the trailer onto the back of his car. Poor bugger must have heard around a thousand times that he should be happy that the anchor didn't drop through his roof.

Glenelg belted us, it was my only happy memory of the day.

He's also apparently a massive tosser of fish

Yep...

r0_236_4608_2837_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

I remember going to a game at the Bay Oval around 1986-7 and some bloke had a rear ender out front of the oval. He was towing a fair-sized boat and it slid off the trailer onto the back of his car. Poor bugger must have heard around a thousand times that he should be happy that the anchor didn't drop through his roof.

Glenelg belted us, it was my only happy memory of the day.

I was there that day as well, I remember the boat on the roof of the bloke's car, it happened on Brighton road virtually right in front of the main entrance to Glenelg oval, and you're right the bays gave us an absolute flogging.
I remember their centre half back Michael Murphy coming down the ground at least 2 or 3 times and having shots for goal, which was virtually unheard of back then. :(

View attachment 478774

It's sad to see Chol's departure, but he wasn't getting Anyang... Besides, the club got Mony to compensate for it!

#DadJoke

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back