2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not disagreeing with you about Lienert, and the infancy of his career but there may (should I add in there hopefully, as this would mean a fair bit of success) come a time when we have limited choice. Either we commit, and follow through, to provide opportunities or we head to a trade situation.

Whether we, as supporters, agree is irrelevant in this day and age.
More than 1 commentator has said we're robbing the future to fed the 'now' and running the risk of falling off a cliff down the track.
Even if there's an element of truth it's only guessing on their behalf. We've done what we've done and so far (early days I know)
it's working. The turnover with the Magpies was huge but I've got over it. Still haven't got all our newbies down pat tho'.
Geez Sam Hayes is impressive. Got to see him up close in the 3rd 1/4. A steal at pick 40 odd.

I had seen previews/profiles of him before the draft but as that's never really been my focus, I didn't put the name to the face, etc.

When I realised we'd got him at pick #50-odd I couldn't believe it.

Kid you not in the lead up to the draft on the podcast Portia spoke about how if Hayes slid (outside the top ten) teams would be crazy as she thought he was a sure thing.

Later when pressed by Macca who would be her ideal pickup she said Hayes would be but no chance he would get to us.

Laughing

I had seen previews/profiles of him before the draft but as that's never really been my focus, I didn't put the name to the face, etc.

When I realised we'd got him at pick #50-odd I couldn't believe it.
His ruckwork highlights were incredibly impressive...

I think I understand letting a ruckman slide pretty far but we would be pretty happy with Hayes.

Think Matthew Lobbe with pick 16, we thought he would be great for about 8 years.... such a long term investment for one or two good years.

Looking at that draft it was pretty awful... but 17,18 and 19 were Harry Taylor, Alex Rance and Callan Ward.

How brutal is that hahaha

His ruckwork highlights were incredibly impressive...

I think I understand letting a ruckman slide pretty far but we would be pretty happy with Hayes.

Think Matthew Lobbe with pick 16, we thought he would be great for about 8 years.... such a long term investment for one or two good years.

Looking at that draft it was pretty awful... but 17,18 and 19 were Harry Taylor, Alex Rance and Callan Ward.

How brutal is that hahaha

I would be really really really hesitant for my club to draft a ruck with a top 12 or so pick but outside of that who cares.

Just don’t understand why teams pass on rucks in picks in the 20’s 30’s.

It’s not like stars come out of that range left right and centre.

Luckily port now with Hayes Frampton and ladhams are in a situation that we really don’t have to look for a ruck in the draft. If an excellent ruck slides to our pick and is great value sure, but we don’t have to go searching for one unsure where our next ruck is going to come from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily port now with Hayes Frampton and ladhams are in a situation that we really don’t have to look for a ruck in the draft. If an excellent ruck slides to our pick and is great value sure, but we don’t have to go searching for one unsure where our next ruck is going to come from.
Keep an eye on Mony Makoi :)

Bay supporters are a very bitter bunch ... and it's great snatching a last goal win at their home.

We're a much more talented group than them but very young. It's good that we finished a close game with the final two shots at goal.

A lot of skill in our new afl recruits. Also like our contracted players as well.

We have got a steal in Sam Hayes. I like the skillset in Farrell and Patmore. Garner took a step forward tonight. The non-afl boys show good promise.

Warwick Parklands writes of a "gritty" rather than "brave" Glenelg, but treats us to this classic paragraph:

"With such a heavy AFL presence the issue was could the Tigers maintain pace with a side containing so many full timers. And while the Tigers continued to fight, they seemingly ran out of answers against the early season favourites."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/eb95e81924ee558b744ae6dc1f2acdff

Warwick Parklands writes of a "gritty" rather than "brave" Glenelg, but treats us to this classic paragraph:

"With such a heavy AFL presence the issue was could the Tigers maintain pace with a side containing so many full timers. And while the Tigers continued to fight, they seemingly ran out of answers against the early season favourites."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/eb95e81924ee558b744ae6dc1f2acdff
If they faced the crows plethora of full timers Glenelg would still win by 10 goals.

I cant get over the commentary. I didnt mind the barracking. But the job of a radio commentator is to give the listeners an idea of what is happening. It was like listening to a youtube reaction video of two people watching highlights of a sport they havent seen before

I cant get over the commentary. I didnt mind the barracking. But the job of a radio commentator is to give the listeners an idea of what is happening. It was like listening to a youtube reaction video of two people watching highlights of a sport they havent seen before

Lol he kept calling mixing Hayes and Frampton up too.

OK so I was at this game tonight. Just a few thoughts...

Where the hell was the Magpies song when they ran onto the field before the start of the game????? Extremely poor form Glenelg because by the end of the game we knew you actually had it on cassette somewhere...

Jake Neade - love watching him directing traffic - them little arms flapping all the time...

Hayes - can hardly wait for what he will become

And to the Glenelg tosser who kept yelling "great goal Powa" every time Port kick a goal...pls stop. You're really embarrassing yourself. There is also a saying - "the times you need a gun" which I like to change to "the times you need a loaded gun". And that right there is what is so frustrating about attending sanfl games - the banal and inane comments of the "supporters" of the other "real" sanfl teams.

Interesting that Glenelg have 9 former Port players in their squad.

Reynolds, Sawford, Milera, Motlop, Davidson, Corcoran, Hawkins, Wanganeen, Haarsma.

All the SANFL clubs scramble like madmen to pick up ex port listed players. We develop them and then they nab them after the rules basically dictate we lose them.

No ALF in the SALF indeed

Interesting that Glenelg have 9 former Port players in their squad.

Reynolds, Sawford, Milera, Motlop, Davidson, Corcoran, Hawkins, Wanganeen, Haarsma.

ports 27-10-172
adelaide 1-0-6 (koster father son..)
glenelg 0-2-2
rushed 0-1-1

well played bays... just beat rushed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back