2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 20 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

White is a strange one, his stats have always been garbage but he is also clearly best 18. Obviously something funny is going on for him to be out of the side at the moment, but hopefully its just us "resting" him while giving younger players a go...?

I'm sure if we don't want him he would be tradeable regardless.

Yeah, our record with him in the team is very good and his speed is obviously an asset.

I'm just miffed that we've handed him another year by default, when all evidence (age, injury, form) points to his halcyon days of 2014 being long gone.

Which as it turns out, is kind of a theme.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Why would it be dbj , who has cemented himself or krak?

Oshea would be the obvious out for bonner but could as easily put broadbent out as I fully expect bonner to make broadbents spot his, but doubt the coaches have them balls yet.
Well he's a HBF. His competition are integral players in Broadbent and Pittard who wont and shouldnt be dropped. Then DBJ and Krak take the other 2 small defender spots. O'Shea is playing as the utility that can play tall and small as per Stewart, Bonner cant play tall yet. That position is less important in terms of tall given that Lobbe releases Trengove to go back, however it will still be required at times.

Bonner deserves to play AFL footy but unfortunately hes a victim of our 'interesting' drafting to pick a player in an area we are well stocked. I think the club must invest in Bonner as a wingman and mid in the preseason this year.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well he's a HBF. His competition are integral players in Broadbent and Pittard who wont and shouldnt be dropped. Then DBJ and Krak take the other 2 small defender spots. O'Shea is playing as the utility that can play tall and small as per Stewart, Bonner cant play tall yet. That position is less important in terms of tall given that Lobbe releases Trengove to go back, however it will still be required at times.

Bonner deserves to play AFL footy but unfortunately hes a victim of our 'interesting' drafting to pick a player in an area we are well stocked. I think the club must invest in Bonner as a wingman and mid in the preseason this year.

or sell one or more half backs.

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best
Yeah, our record with him in the team is very good and his speed is obviously an asset.

I'm just miffed that we've handed him another year by default, when all evidence (age, injury, form) points to his halcyon days of 2014 being long gone.

There have been a lot of baffling list management decisions recently... Lobbe, Stewart, Colquhoun, Butcher, Westhoff, Neade, O'Shea, even White and Toumpas are players whose contract status either doesn't match their output, or how they are treated by the coaching staff.

To me Butcher, O'Shea, and Colquhoun are the hardest to explain, as Ken showed them loyalty by keeping them, then just doesn't seem to want them in the side at all.

I mean *, if we delisted Butcher, Colquhoun and Stewart last year, then traded O'Shea and Lobbe we would be in a much, much better position. As much as it would have hurt a lot of supporters to see this s**t happen, that's how we need to be as a club. Hawthorn, Geelong, and Sydney trade players all the time, I can remember being absolutely shocked by some of Saint Kilda's delistings between 2006-2008 and yet that drove them towards 2 grand finals.

I don't think turning over staff is the way to go in most workplaces, but in footy you can easily delist your bottom 5-10 players every year and see improvement since they aren't even playing, so removing them doesn't destabilise much at all. Of course as an O'Shea fan I don't want to see him delisted or even traded, but we simply needed his place on the list this year for a ruckman, tall forward, or even a bloody small/medium forward!

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best

Oh one more player is Nathan Krakouer who we seem to consider best 18, but still * him over by keeping him on the rookie list?

I understand why its awesome to have a first 18 player on the rookie list, but its just so inconsistent with some other things the club does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitey is forever injured. Only memory I have of him is the goal in the first showdown at AO where he kicked one on the run and tapped his Guernsey. Great memory but not much since!
I remember seeing a video package in 2014 when we were 10-1 and "top of the world" was playing while White kicked a goal vs Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back