2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 8 @ Glenelg

Sunday 26th of May 1:10pm at ACH Group Stadium aka Glenelg Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

All 4 AFL emergencies will get a game so Mayes should be back in. I'm guessing that McKenzie has done a hammy, but Robbie Gray and Jonas should be in for the AFL side so perhaps Motlop and Broadbent could drop down here to lend a hand. I'd consider Hayes, Ebert and Hartlett outside chances to play any footy this week. Johnson disappeared off the face of the earth, hopefully comes back and plays here.

Sturt above us by under a percent. We need to beat top of the ladder Glenelg by a little bit more than Sturt beat Centrals by to get back in the 5.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Hartlett, Atley, Mayes, Garner, Johnson, Edwards
OUT: Ladhams (AFL), McKenzie (hamstring), Appleton (corked shin), Wong, Elsworthy, Strange

Maggies Side:
F: Cox - Marshall - Johnson
HF: Davidson - Hill - Woodcock
C: Pudney - Atley - Mayes
HB: Bonner - Grundy - Frederick
B: Garner - Corcoran - Hartlett
R: Edwards - Trengove - Drew
INT: Sutcliffe - Hewett - Mead
EMERG: Elsworthy - Strange

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 8 weeks)
Dixon: (Leg, 3 weeks)
Hayes: (Glandular Fever, 3 weeks)
McKenzie: (Hamstring, Assess)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Makoi: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last played, Round 7)
Appleton: (Corked Shin, ?)

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Tobin Cox to kick 8 against his former side.

McKenzie apparently only had hamstring tightness rather than actually doing a hammy. Hartlett being assessed is good.

Although Ladhams might be called up if Lycett is not fit to play. So surely Makoi would come in to ruck(with Hill backing him up perhaps).

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
McKenzie apparently only had hamstring tightness rather than actually doing a hammy. Hartlett being assessed is good.

Although Ladhams might be called up if Lycett is not fit to play. So surely Makoi would come in to ruck(with Hill backing him up perhaps).

Is hamstring tightness the same as hamstring awareness?

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
PORT ADELAIDE will travel down the coast to face Glenelg at ACH Group Stadium in Round 8 SANFL action on Sunday afternoon.

The Magpies and Tigers clash will be the only match to take place over weekend with the split round, and it is set to be a cracker, with both Port and Glenelg in good form.

The Tigers sit on top of the SANFL ladder with five wins from their first seven matches, while the Magpies sit in sixth position, with a 4-3 win/loss record in a remarkably close competition.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-22/sanfl-preview-port-vs-glenelg

Am I imaging things or is Mahney's shoulder healing at a rate of 1 real week to 2 Port Adelaide weeks? I thought he would be less than 8 weeks by now.

Am I imaging things or is Mahney's shoulder healing at a rate of 1 real week to 2 Port Adelaide weeks? I thought he would be less than 8 weeks by now.
I think they said 13 weeks, 8 weeks ago. So it should be 5 weeks away instead of 8.

SANFL Jake Parkinson want Magpies to remain in SANFL and state they understand there is no plan for Port and Crows to join AFL National reserves. Lol so they want us in yet they make it so ******* hard for us. **** off Parkinson.

They love having us there because we reduce the umpires' workload by 50% every game.

Back