glenferrie oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 20, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
hey guys, haha its my second post on ur board within days - dont stress im not thinking of switching clubs ...

i see Glenferrie Oval was burnt in a heat wave over the new year break, does anyone know if the club is back training at Glenferrie - and also

When are the boys transferring their training to Waverly Park?

cheers Hawkas!!!

Stoney said:
When are the boys transferring their training to Waverly Park?

cheers Hawkas!!!

Allegedly some sections start moving in mid February 2006 with all departments due to be by mid March 2006.

Check the official website for details on training venues - it is pretty useless, but as far as I know, they are training at Trevor Barker Oval (Beach Road), Sandringham, this Friday from 7.30am to 9.30am.

Should be back at Glenferrie for public training sessions after that - until the move to Waverley.

From what I heard, they weren't allowed to use Glenferrie for training for 3 weeks, and that time period ends at the end of this week.

cheers mate, iv got a joint just round the corner from Glenferrie Oval - was just gettin' itchy feet, lookin' forward to checking out how the boys are travellin this PS.

I rec'd email from Box Hill FC confirming that they'd be using Glenferrie Oval on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights from 6pm onwards. The email news from HFC is the use of Sandringham Oval on scheduled training days, a separate statement made was that training would be out at Waverley before the end of Feb. That seems to coincide with the first NAB Cup hitout. HWKS4EVA :cool:

JackHawk said:
I rec'd email from Box Hill FC confirming that they'd be using Glenferrie Oval on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights from 6pm onwards. The email news from HFC is the use of Sandringham Oval on scheduled training days, a separate statement made was that training would be out at Waverley before the end of Feb. That seems to coincide with the first NAB Cup hitout. HWKS4EVA :cool:

Cruised on down to Glenferrie yesterday to survey the damage first hand, and have a few shots at goal with my brother and our new T W Sherrin.

T'would be fair to say that the deck should be out of commission for a good couple more weeks. Only the City end goalsquare has been re-turfed, otherwise it's a rice paddy.

The soaking it would've received on Saturday will hopefully work wonders, but lots of spots are dead and it's terribly inconsistent and unreliable (a bit like Harry Miller). If I was a professional player, I'd be concerned about doing a serious injury at training!!

Didn't affect the shooting though - 12 from 15 at all angles from 40 - 45m out. Better tell my coach just to make sure.....:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back