News Glenn Archer joins the NMFC board (of Directors, not BF)

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl site saying Arch could join the board at the next AGM to replace Mark Brayshaw.

the club has approached him. I wonder what happened to Ricky Ponting? I recall he wanted to join the board but was waiting for Brayshaw to invite him....

Good self-preserving move by the Board to get him on - no supporter revolt ever if Arch is there.

No idea really about his credentials, but it would make me feel good if he was in on major club decisions. Prepared to be unapologetically irrational about this one.

Plus probs would bring on Caro fury about conflict of interest. Another tick.

You know what, this conflict of interest stuff is an absolute bucket of bullshit.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/the-club/people/staff-members
Todd Viney listed as Manager Player Personnel

Where is his conflict of interest?

SO yeah happy with it to get stuck in her craw.

First thought.

Could be a public relations move to keep supporters on side if/or when the club starts to push more games to Tassie.

You reckon Archer would stand for us moving?

First thought.

Could be a public relations move to keep supporters on side if/or when the club starts to push more games to Tassie.

And wouldn't she have a field day if that came about........

I reckon it would almost be something like this, word-for-word:

"As The Age reported all the way back in late 2007 when the Kangaroos stubbornly refused a golden offer for guaranteed survival on the Gold Coast, Archer was in support of such a move before back-flipping in a wave of supporter anguish, misguided and selfish as it has shown to be in recent months."

<EDIT>
I thought I should add in that I know the above isn't true, but you can just imagine her twisting the words to make a story
</EDIT>

You reckon Archer would stand for us moving?

Not for relocation, but I don't know what his position is on colocation which is the immediate threat.

If a board decision was made to take 6-7 game to Tassie, you'd think board solidarity would mean that Arch would fall in behind the position. Not to mention it's Brayshaw who is lobbying him to join, so his allegiances would lie close to him on the board.

Cynical me says he would be the perfect public face to keep dissenters happy.

And wouldn't she have a field day if that came about........

I reckon it would almost be something like this, word-for-word:

"As The Age reported all the way back in late 2007 when the Kangaroos stubbornly refused a golden offer for guaranteed survival on the Gold Coast, Archer was in support of such a move before back-flipping in a wave of supporter anguish, misguided and selfish as it has shown to be in recent months."

<EDIT>
I thought I should add in that I know the above isn't true, but you can just imagine her twisting the words to make a story
</EDIT>

Needs more "The Age understands" and "sources suggest / inform/ indicate". Stick a dozen of those in a Caro article and rest writes itself.

This would be a temporary Board selection which Archer would have to present a nomination at the next years (2015) AGM. I've no problem with Archer but wish JB would present a candidate directly to the members rather than a Board selection followed by an AGM vote. Archer would be the ideal candidate to do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

360796.jpg

Serious question:
What would Arch bring to the board?

He was(/is?) a director at asport management company and he has ran a business before.

But the thing that he really brings for us supporter is a definite anti-relocation voice on the board after the Brayshaws move on.

the club has approached him. I wonder what happened to Ricky Ponting? I recall he wanted to join the board but was waiting for Brayshaw to invite him....

He is just waiting for his mate...

just-waiting-for-a-mate-whats-your.jpg

Serious question:
What would Arch bring to the board?
I think Arch has slowly built up his skill set......integral part of player manager firm, Co-owner of that sporting events travel company. Tying that with rock solid good ol fashion principles. ........ plus unabashed love for the club, he has earned the chance to show his wares. I think.

I think Arch has slowly built up his skill set......integral part of player manager firm, Co-owner of that sporting events travel company. Tying that with rock solid good ol fashion principles. ........ plus unabashed love for the club, he has earned the chance to show his wares. I think.

Its interesting, I think we should be trying to bring the best possible candidate possible to to the board.

If it happens to be Arch, then I'm happy with that.

would rather a bit more business acumen on the board....

A person with more business focus could possibly look at the Club as a "business" and therefore deduct that its a bad "business decision" to continue in Melbourne. You need a balance of business and passion on the board and while Arch may not have the business experience of others around (he obviously does have some), he certainly has the undying passion for the Club.

A person with more business focus could possibly look at the Club as a "business" and therefore deduct that its a bad "business decision" to continue in Melbourne. You need a balance of business and passion on the board and while Arch may not have the business experience of others around (he obviously does have some), he certainly has the undying passion for the Club.

Agree on this 100%

We need some clever business nous on the board but it will be a great comfort to me if Archer was on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back