News Glenn Archer joins the NMFC board (of Directors, not BF)

Remove this Banner Ad

There should be a special ceremony, with coffee cart present, to welcome the great man back in the door.

Huge call I'm about to make here; probably my first on BF.

Glen Archer returning to NMFC in an official capacity, mentoring the boys and having Brad's ear will be the deciding factor in us winning a premiership.
Well, at the very least it should offset the effect of Shaun 'The Scapegoat' Higgins.

The last thing we want is a boys club.

But having said that, Arch deserves the chance.

Been lucky enough to have had a few conversations with archer over the years and anyone who thinks his a boys club type is
seriously mistaken. The boy from noble park has always understood real people and so we can only hope his last years
of gaining business experience will help him realise the true potential of the North Melbourne Footy Club. Integrity personified is he.

There should be a special ceremony, with coffee cart present, to welcome the great man back in the door.

Plus, in the spirit of last weekend's banner dangling beneath the inflatable schlong, Arch can run through a banner beneath this.....

d29c1c8ec604f434b77736340495decf.jpg

I love Glenn Archer. He spoke from the heart in that vid like always. A great North Melbourne person putting a lot of other former greats to shame.

Not sure what the issue was here? Did the club receive other nominations for the position?

Members have the next AGM to choose whether they want to endorse his appointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The members have very little say as to who actually gets to be on the board.

Given that less than 10% of members bother to vote and less than 1% turn up to the AGM, I'd suggest to you that the members WANT very little say. You do of course have the opportunity to vote against Arch at the next AGM. He is only filling a casual vacancy and must stand for election at the next opportunity.

If you listen to Boomer's most recent 5aa interview he had some good things to say about Arch getting the role. He doesn't see him being anyone's yes man, and thinks he will challenge all kinds of people, which ultimately will be better for the club.

I've got to say, I have some serious manlove for Arch. Never met him but from everything you see and hear he's just a really nice, kind of shy, bloke who just happened to be one of the most mentally and physically strongest players of his era.

The members have very little say as to who actually gets to be on the board.
I get the principle. Do you disagree with Archer being on board?

Although regardless of the answer that isn't any of my business. So I should stop arguing.

Given that less than 10% of members bother to vote and less than 1% turn up to the AGM, I'd suggest to you that the members WANT very little say. You do of course have the opportunity to vote against Arch at the next AGM. He is only filling a casual vacancy and must stand for election at the next opportunity.

This post is worth thinking about for some on here.

Maybe the board, AGMs etc feel too abstract and it's easier to bitch and moan about club decisions from afar. And sometimes the complaining might be justified.

But having attended North AGMs when I can, it'd appear a lot of seemingly hardcore supporters on this site who have a lot to say about the North Melbourne board.. don't appear to paid up entitled to vote NMFC members.

Or maybe they are but can't be bothered attending the appropriate yearly forum to vote and query club decisions even by proxy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back