What the heck? Glenn Archer living the GTA dream

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even a cyclist, but this is a moronic argument.

Roads and TAC are majority funded by our taxes, not by registration. Most cyclists also have registered cars. And we should be encouraging people to use modes of transport other than cars - you want incentives for people who ride bikes and catch PT, not penalise them for using roads despite the fact a bike has a fraction of the impact on a road that a car does.
Cylists should have to pass a basic road laws test!

Cylists should have to pass a basic road laws test!
There's only one law when you are riding a bike. Expect f%#kwit drivers* to do f#&kwit things and ride accordingly.

* I mean f#*kwits who are driving, I don't think all drivers are f#*kwits.

There's only one law when you are riding a bike. Epect f%#kwit drivers to do f#&kwit things and ride accordingly.
Does sitting right on the white line that seperates a cyclist from those f%#kwit drivers in designated bike lanes equate to riding accordingly?
Coz I'd have figured more distance in that situation would be the preferred method if self preservation is the driving factor.

There's only one law when you are riding a bike. Expect f%#kwit drivers* to do f#&kwit things and ride accordingly.

* I mean f#*kwits who are driving, I don't think all drivers are f#*kwits.
You have your own lane and still manage slow traffic down. There's a reason everyone hates bloody cyclists. Selfish nuffs most of them

Does sitting right on the white line that seperates a cyclist from those f%#kwit drivers in designated bike lanes equate to riding accordingly?
Coz I'd have figured more distance in that situation would be the preferred method if self preservation is the driving factor.
There’s a lot of debris and s**t that ends up in those bike lanes and near gutters. Stuff like broken glass and metal slivers from radial tyres can shred your slicks. That, cars parking in bike lanes, and silly *ers opening their doors without looking for cyclists are why riders ride on the white line.

Would you drive your car in the gutter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a lot of debris and s**t that ends up in those bike lanes and near gutters. Stuff like broken glass and metal slivers from radial tyres can shred your slicks. That, cars parking in bike lanes, and silly *ers opening their doors without looking for cyclists are why riders ride on the white line.

Would you drive your car in the gutter?
Heres a thought, perhaps if your bike lane is not a safe environment for you and your tyres, the side of the road might not be a great place to cycle...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back