List Mgmt. Glenn Luff - Has resigned as list manager

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it interesting to retrospectively rate this guy's contribution in hindsight?

2019 - Comben at 31, Mahony at 34, Perez at 35

2020 - Will at 3, Powell at 13, Lazzaro at 36, Spicer at 42, Ford at 56

2021 - JHF at 1, Goater at 22, Curtis at 35, Bergman at 38, Archer at 59

2021 he hit pretty well. 2020 the first two picks, and Ford probably just not drafted to the right club. 2019 Comben at 31 is excellent, the other two up in the air.

Good thought process, Comben all our eggs are in his basket, grand choice but.

2020 draft isn't looking flash, Will, well the jury is out. Seems a little limited, not that there's a stand-out miss.

2021- I'd give up pick one for anyone that isn't a KP stud for pick four and another FR every day of the week. Besides the fact that we nailed every other choice. Our Alamo and we won it.

Good thought process, Comben all our eggs are in his basket, grand choice but.

2020 draft isn't looking flash, Will, well the jury is out. Seems a little limited, not that there's a stand-out miss.

2021- I'd give up pick one for anyone that isn't a KP stud for pick four and another FR every day of the week. Besides the fact that we nailed every other choice. Our Alamo and we won it.
Yeah I think the 2021 draft will be viewed as one of our best for a long time in terms of second rounders (which we so often miss big on). I didn't even mention pick 1 because he was the obvious choice, the recruiters couldn't have anticipated it, and it turned out decent for us anyway.

Happy enough we've spent the soft cap elsewhere but after seeing that 2021 crop coming along, and the issues we subsequently had with the coach I begin to view their exit with a bit more sympathy.

I find it interesting to retrospectively rate this guy's contribution in hindsight?

2019 - Comben at 31, Mahony at 34, Perez at 35

2020 - Will at 3, Powell at 13, Lazzaro at 36, Spicer at 42, Ford at 56

2021 - JHF at 1, Goater at 22, Curtis at 35, Bergman at 38, Archer at 59

2021 he hit pretty well. 2020 the first two picks, and Ford probably just not drafted to the right club. 2019 Comben at 31 is excellent, the other two up in the air.
The only two who really looked off it on the weekend were Lazz and Mahony. I'd give Perez a break because he's performed well at AFL level and I reckon he'll get back there. Spicer looked great when he wasn't scared of contact too.

I’ve got nothing against him - think he was one who actually put in effort in recent yeats. 2 year contract not his fault either. Just going for a play on words not, meaning to offend. Congrats on how much you earn.
I think his point was Mahony isn't costing the club a fortune while not playing seniors.

The only two who really looked off it on the weekend were Lazz and Mahony. I'd give Perez a break because he's performed well at AFL level and I reckon he'll get back there. Spicer looked great when he wasn't scared of contact too.

Perez will do well getting ahead of
  1. McKay
  2. Tucker
  3. Wardlaw
  4. Archer
  5. Phillips
  6. 2023 FR
  7. 2023FR

He's in a battle with
Young
Bonars
Hall
Of course McKay isn't like for like it is just he will take a spot in our best 23. And so will the other 4.

Now Perez is OOC, I feel he'll get another one, not so sure about the other 3 though.

Perez will do well getting ahead of
  1. McKay
  2. Tucker
  3. Wardlaw
  4. Archer
  5. Phillips
  6. 2023 FR
  7. 2023FR

He's in a battle with
Young
Bonars
Hall
Of course McKay isn't like for like it is just he will take a spot in our best 23. And so will the other 4.

Now Perez is OOC, I feel he'll get another one, not so sure about the other 3 though.
When your stated goal is to look for players who will stand up on the last day in Sept, you're not keeping Laz, Mahony, or Perez.

In Clarkson's words, they can play AFL footy but can they stand up on the last day in Sept and for that we have seen no evidence to date.

When your stated goal is to look for players who will stand up on the last day in Sept, you're not keeping Laz, Mahony, or Perez.

In Clarkson's words, they can play AFL footy but can they stand up on the last day in Sept and for that we have seen no evidence to date.
Funnily enough I think there is some evidence Mahony could. Defensive efforts, disciplined role-playing, sacrificing for team mates, plus an underrated footy brain and decent enough skills admittedly within a 30 metre radius. Lazz won’t make it, and the jury is out on Perez. He’s a fair way back as it stands.

It's early but the selections of Powell (13), Goater (22), Curtis (35), Bergman (38) look incredibly good.

Comben and Perez have looked like good picks at various stages but major injuries have seriously curtailed their development.

Mahony, Lazz and Spicer look like misses although i forgive the last two picks as the 2020 Covid impacted draft is looking incredibly weak.

I reckon it's a pretty decent haul all things considered.

Last edited:

True, but that line does seem a bit more aspirational than dogmatic.

Is it a realistic goal to fill your VFL team / depth with premiership material?

I note the Cats and the Dees re-signed Ratugolea and Melksham last year.

Funnily enough I think there is some evidence Mahony could. Defensive efforts, disciplined role-playing, sacrificing for team mates, plus an underrated footy brain and decent enough skills admittedly within a 30 metre radius. Lazz won’t make it, and the jury is out on Perez. He’s a fair way back as it stands.
Mahony's effort and footy brain is all on display, in theory he could be like Papley but those types seem to have an aggressive, get under your skin edge that Mahony doesn't.
True, but that line does seem a bit more aspirational than dogmatic.

Is it a realistic goal to fill your VFL team / depth with premiership material?

I note the Cats and the Dees re-signed Ratugolea and Melksham last year.
Agreed that it's probably not realistic for your depth players to be premiership material but I'd like to think that those on the primary list are future, potential premiership players (or players 23-28 in quality) and those on the VFL list are the experienced heads who ensure the VFL is a great learning opportunity for the primary list players.

From memory, wasn't Melksham an emergency for the Dees GF team? I hadn't thought about Ratugolea at all but it would be interesting to know if people would play him in front of Comben, if Ratugolea was on the Roos list (I usually avoid anything Cats so haven't seen enough of Ratugolea to have an opinion myself).

We need depth. At the very least he and Young provide that.

Before this season, from what I've seen of Perez I'd say he can stand up in September tho.

I wonder if Luffy is going to leak as much s**t to Sammy Edmund about Carlton as he did to him about North?

Edmund is a Carlton supporter so will be interesting to see how much goss finds its way onto the airways at SEN and goes public.

Both of them are shitcampaigners

Last edited:
Sshh. We need him to follow the same build model over there where he gets rid of all the key position players and trades a 1st rounder for Curtis Taylor in the hope he can pinch-hit as a fullback with his big leap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine replacing the greatest list manager of all time with a fantasy football data nerd...

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

Sshh. We need him to follow the same build model over there where he gets rid of all the key position players and trades a 1st rounder for Curtis Taylor in the hope he can pinch-hit as a fullback with his big leap.

I fully expect them to take the hulking Matt McGuinness in the MSD so they can trade out Weitering for more draft capital that they can use on junior players with the highest SuperCoach scores.

Imagine replacing the greatest list manager of all time with a fantasy football data nerd...

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

I thought Ben Amafriosio assisted Glenn with our draft choices?

Our 2018, 19 and 2020 draft choices couldn't have been much worse.

So yeah Joyce in comparison is miles ahead, tragically.

18- blew pick *8, 46, 49, 69
19- blew 34, 35
20- blew 36,42, 56

2022- 22,35,38 and 59 are looking ok.

I wonder if Luffy is going to leak as much s**t to Sammy Edmund about Carlton as he did to him about North?

Edmund is a Carlton supporter so will be interesting to see how much goss finds its way onto the airways at SEN and goes public.

Both of them are shitcampaigners
Almost immediately: the TDK contract

It's early but the selections of Powell (13), Goater (22), Curtis (35), Bergman (38) look incredibly good.

Comben and Perez have looked like good picks at various stages but major injuries have seriously curtailed their development.

Mahony, Lazz and Spicer look like misses although i forgive the last two picks as the 2020 Covid impacted draft is looking incredibly weak.

I reckon it's a pretty decent haul all things considered.
Spicer was a late speculative pick and no real loss if he is a bust. , mahony was a 2nd rounder. Personaly i dont think either will make it and iam flaborgasted mahony has played 50 odd games fwiw.

Almost immediately: the TDK contract
Like clockwork. Cant help himself can he.

Can just imagine Luffy when his mrs has her friends over and he walks into the room and just begins gossing over with the girls and pissing his mrs off in the process.
They're her friends mate not yours. Say hello, quick chat and piss off

Spicer was a late speculative pick and no real loss if he is a bust. , mahony was a 2nd rounder. Personaly i dont think either will make it and iam flaborgasted mahony has played 50 odd games fwiw.
50 odd games more like 50 s**t games ;)😂

Like clockwork. Cant help himself can he.

Can just imagine Luffy when his mrs has her friends over and he walks into the room and just begins gossing over with the girls and pissing his mrs off in the process.
They're her friends mate not yours. Say hello, quick chat and piss off

1680670585831.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back