Glenn Maxwell and his future

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like they all are trying to walk back some of the stuff about county cricket and the A tour now as well.
Almost trying to now paint Maxwell in poor light. With CA's and the selectors current reputations that is unlikely to work

Last edited:

Trotting out the lame old "gotta score centuries" line. Yeah, just like the current team are doing. Riiiight. :rolleyes:
I hope someone asked him how many have Burns and Renshaw scored this season

I reckon Maxwell should issue a massive ultimatum. Pick me for the test side or I'm off to the make millions in the T20 stuff.
I'm guessing if he hasn't made the test team by the end of the year that will happen

Cricket Australia should invest in some media training for Langer.
"Are you certain that's what happened," Langer asked of the instructions given to Maxwell, with the journalist responding, "I'm asking". After two rounds of this, Langer was asked who gave the directive to which he replied: "Did it happen?"

"Well you're telling me it did happen, I'm asking did it happen?" Langer repeated. "No, I've got zero knowledge of that," he then said, before calling it "careless whispers".

Before answering the next question, Langer apologised: "Sorry for getting grumpy," he said. "I don't like getting grumpy but there's so many stories that go around about so much stuff. Sorry everyone for getting grumpy. I didn't mean to get grumpy, but the truth is a beautiful thing."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...pers-glenn-maxwell-leave-justin-langer-fuming

Nooo Langer shouldn't be embarrassed.. his players should be absolutely dumped on metaphorically that they aren't doing what the
chief wants.
Landing the plane is easier when you have all the buttons to press.... ]]

can't accept the cheque when you don't play the game you are supposed to...

Nooo Langer shouldn't be embarrassed.. his players should be absolutely dumped on metaphorically that they aren't doing what the
chief wants.
Landing the plane is easier when you have all the buttons to press.... ]]

can't accept the cheque when you don't play the game you are supposed to...
He said answer the question that was asked and not dance around the with another question, he cleared nothing up and only made himself look like a campaigner.

He said answer the question that was asked and not dance around the with another question, he cleared nothing up and only made himself look like a campaigner.
well with all the dubious campaigning on his watch he is entitled to take a question and turn it into a dead letter...

He has had enough to deal with, with dubious campaigners like Smith and Warner being apparently wanted in his team and putting them back in
while putting others in various positions... like a worn out brothel owner... he can't decide who is going to make more money for him and
the CA... that is enough to decide on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the press conference. You can ask 'did that happen' a million times but without providing any clarification on what DID happen coupled with death staring a reporter, you can expect the same amount of scrutiny moving forward.

Just saw the press conference. You can ask 'did that happen' a million times but without providing any clarification on what DID happen coupled with death staring a reporter, you can expect the same amount of scrutiny moving forward.
stamps from a recognition of those people who like those who stand tall... and then those who like to rack the points of blunderbuss...

I reckon Maxwell should issue a massive ultimatum. Pick me for the test side or I'm off to the make millions in the T20 stuff.

On current form CA would probably refuse to issue him with a NOC. :rolleyes:

He basically called Glenn Maxwell a liar
Not quite. Turned the question back on the journo in a bullying way then after all the aggro, admitted (or alleged) he didn't know. In other words it was true.

Very unconvincing, Justin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back