Glenn Maxwell and his future

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he has only scored 1 hundred in 90 ODI's a few more would be nice :)
Might be the wake up call to stop batting him 6 and 7. Complete waste.

Not many batsman score 100's in 1 day games and even less in T20.Maxwell should be playing all forms of cricket and bat in the top 4.He is 30 years of age and the Australian selectors have just wasted his wonderful talents.

Not many batsman score 100's in 1 day games and even less in T20.Maxwell should be playing all forms of cricket and bat in the top 4.He is 30 years of age and the Australian selectors have just wasted his wonderful talents.
Maxwell has talent and has been poorly treated at times but let’s not pretend we’ve missed out on the Don here. He’s played Test matches, plenty of ODIs and T20s and has never stamped his authority on the gameand made himself ‘undroppable’. Does he deserve more opportunities? Sure. Would he have been any more reliable in Test cricket than SMarsh or Handscomb? Probably not.

Maxwell has talent and has been poorly treated at times but let’s not pretend we’ve missed out on the Don here. He’s played Test matches, plenty of ODIs and T20s and has never stamped his authority on the gameand made himself ‘undroppable’. Does he deserve more opportunities? Sure. Would he have been any more reliable in Test cricket than SMarsh or Handscomb? Probably not.

Not many were better than the Don,he makes a century,now let’s compare him to Bradman.

Can’t take a trick Maxy.

Over the political bs,let him play his natural game.

No one can match the Don but deserves more opportunties then S Msrsh and Handscomb.We know how he can bat,best fieldsman in Australia and a very handy spin bowler if required when things not going our way.I "repeat" huge talent, world cricket will never see the best of this guy until the Australian selectors realise and at this stage it is to late.

No one can match the Don but deserves more opportunties then S Msrsh and Handscomb.We know how he can bat,best fieldsman in Australia and a very handy spin bowler if required when things not going our way.I "repeat" huge talent, world cricket will never see the best of this guy until the Australian selectors realise and at this stage it is to late.
That’s actually one thing I disagree with. Never too late and in Maxwells case I think he’s far more mature and ready now to have a decent crack at it. 3-4 seasons ago he wasn’t and you could argue just 12-18 months ago he wasn’t either. But there is a real maturity to his approach now even the way he handles selection or lack thereof. The Stars captaincy role has also seen him develop further.
I think holding him out until now could be a Godsend for him, but the time to strike is now.

I think similar to a Mark Waugh or Andrew Symonds, the Australian selectors and coach need to learn to take the good and the bad with Maxwell, and not drop him or not select him based on every mistake or brain fade. Back him and let him ride it out sometimes. It would probably help if Maxy had a family member (Steve Waugh for Mark) or best mate (Haydos for Symonds) in the setup to stand up for him a bit too, but I think he deserves an extended run in all formats to truly prove his worth.

Great post.

I've always been a fan of Maxwell's and he is an absolute essential in each of our short form sides. But this idea he's been persecuted by the establishment and it's all a conspiracy against him is amusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To much being left to Maxwell,lets hope the top order can do better tonight score wise and run rate.

The answer would be the same...then Stones compounds it with his trash innings

A huge Glenn Maxwell fan and still rate 1 of the best cricketers in the country in all forms of cricket but starting to have reservations about him especially with the Ashes series.Next 3 1 day games against Pakistan will most likely tell us more and how he goes in county cricket.

A huge Glenn Maxwell fan and still rate 1 of the best cricketers in the country in all forms of cricket but starting to have reservations about him especially with the Ashes series.Next 3 1 day games against Pakistan will most likely tell us more and how he goes in county cricket.

He was always a long shot for the Ashes anyway

Maxwell has been restricted to 1 day and T20 cricket for over 6 months now.Lets give him the opportunity to play the longer version of the game before we write him off.

Maybe next summer just feel there is about 10 batsmen ahead. He’s barely even getting ODI runs at the moment albeit hasn’t had many chances this series

Maybe next summer just feel there is about 10 batsmen ahead. He’s barely even getting ODI runs at the moment albeit hasn’t had many chances this series

Only last 2 games and run out in both.Of the 10 batsman you say are in front of him I presume they have all played shield,test cricket in the last 6 months which he has not had the chance to do.

Only last 2 games and run out in both.Of the 10 batsman you say are in front of him I presume they have all played shield,test cricket in the last 6 months which he has not had the chance to do.

And have got test runs. It’s more likely next summer not the Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back