Glenn Maxwell Australian of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just watched the kayo mini of that 200 with a mate who missed it and he absolutely loved it. As we were parting he just said Maxwell should be Australian of the Year for that combined with the fastest 100 in ICC.

I know it's only cricket, and I really don't know what the criteria is. But I can't disagree.

Just watched the kayo mini of that 200 with a mate who missed it and he absolutely loved it. As we were parting he just said Maxwell should be Australian of the Year for that combined with the fastest 100 in ICC.

I know it's only cricket, and I really don't know what the criteria is. But I can't disagree.
Lets not go overboard lol.Perhaps or we hope he plays at MCG in the Boxing Day Test and makes a big 100 but sadly the ACB selectors have neglected how talented he is and should have played more then 6 tests.

Lets not go overboard lol.Perhaps or we hope he plays at MCG in the Boxing Day Test and makes a big 100 but sadly the ACB selectors have neglected how talented he is and should have played more then 6 tests.
Yeah, no doubt I have gone OTT. But overboard was my reaction to the 200. I have never seen anything like it.

Lets see him score the same amount of runs against a competent bowling attack!
Then again it shows the dire state of the Australian line up for them to be scuttled for so few runs!

Agree, one of the most talented players I have seen. But at least now he has done something of real significance in the game, that is probably the greatest ODI innings ever.

Has done the big things in white ball cricket for a long time but sadly if he fails next game in white ball cricket the usual knockers on Big Footy will be at him again.Sadly will never play test cricket again,a bloody waste of a huge talent that should have played more then 6 tests.

Then again it shows the dire state of the Australian line up for them to be scuttled for so few runs!
Difficult when he bats so low in the order and most likely in the last 10 overs,message to Maxi is play the big shots or you do not get off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Guardian, a contributer wrote ''Somewhere there is an altenate universe where Glen Maxwell batted at No 6 for Australia for 10-15 years - I wish I lived in that universe',
My wish is he bats Boxing Day test and does a Maxi special but sadly will never happen.Repeat, biggest waste of talent I have ever seen in test cricket.

Maxwell should have got more chances than Cameron Green, Maxwell is a fighter i liked the lad. I hope he doesn't play agains us though. Max he will score is a 50 and get out to Jaddu or Kuldeep.

Aussie of the year I give him award

They are a competent attack you pillock, and a f**ktonne more competent at bowling than you are at knowing anything about international cricket

Story of his career. Just needed to get his eye in a score a few singles in the semi final, instead 2nd ball he tries a reverse smash for 6 and is nearly out, then gets bowled trying to slog a few balls later.

All he had to do was give himself some time, nudge a few singles and we win.

Extraordinary talent, but no brain.

Story of his career. Just needed to get his eye in a score a few singles in the semi final, instead 2nd ball he tries a reverse smash for 6 and is nearly out, then gets bowled trying to slog a few balls later.

Live by the sword, sometimes you die by the sword. I'm sure the captain and coach would have backed him in, and when it went awry, they would not admonish him. Rather they would encourage him to keep playing the same way.

Agree but his bowling was very important in the semi final.

Live by the sword, sometimes you die by the sword. I'm sure the captain and coach would have backed him in, and when it went awry, they would not admonish him. Rather they would encourage him to keep playing the same way.

That’s such a cop out. I’m all for Maxwell playing aggressive cricket, but when there’s 30 overs left and the RR is 3 an over, take a few overs to get your eye in and hit a few singles so we win the game FFS you don’t need to slog from ball 1 in this situation.

He had a brain, he should use it a little more often.

he is what he is and wont improve from here is maxwell a great player or more a player of great innings? still think a team can afford a guy like that as those head/maxwell types are the only chance of beating teams like india at home real issue is other guys in middle order are mediocre odi players these days smith marnus stoinis inglis thats a seriously ordinary engine room for a odi side.

That’s such a cop out. I’m all for Maxwell playing aggressive cricket, but when there’s 30 overs left and the RR is 3 an over, take a few overs to get your eye in and hit a few singles so we win the game FFS you don’t need to slog from ball 1 in this situation.

He had a brain, he should use it a little more often.
Personally, I take the chance it comes off more often than not, and not quibble about the occasional embarrassing moment like last night.

Personally, I take the chance it comes off more often than not, and not quibble about the occasional embarrassing moment like last night.

Why does Maxwell get a free pass from getting his eye in and scoring a few singles when the game dictates that what the team needs?

Why does everyone else have to play for the team but he can just do whatever he wants with no accountability?

Why does Maxwell get a free pass from getting his eye in and scoring a few singles when the game dictates that what the team needs?

Why does everyone else have to play for the team but he can just do whatever he wants with no accountability?

Maybe what the team needs in a situation like that where nerves are already high is someone to erase 25 from the chase in 3 overs and suddenly the game is no contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back