Glenn McGrath

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no sympathy for McGrath, particularly as he made the classic crisis management option of apologising straight away because people were upset, it smacks of insincerity. Apologise because/if you're sorry not because people found out and they're angry.

However, people agitating for the public to stop supporting foundations that he's involved with is asinine. McGrath appearing in those photos means that crucial funds that go towards having nurses all over Australia helping breast cancer patients should be curbed? Knee-jerk outrage is rarely ever helpful and social media is the avenue through which that outrage (and faux outrage in some cases) is most vocal and least thought-out.

No issue with hunting. No issue with people doing this legally. No issue people regretting doing things in a terrible time in their lives. Only issue I have was the type of animal hunted. Sadly, it is legal in that country to kill those animals.

No, I haven't lost respect for him though

No normal person in this country should be allowed a firearm , unless they are a farmer or someone who absolutely has to have one
So just the not normal people should be allowed? :p

So just the not normal people should be allowed? :p

lol. I agree with bedford though I was quite surprised when I went to visit my aunt in the US and found out that she kept a gun for her safety (at her husband's insistence). No issue with people having them to protect themselves, but I think America would be better off without them, for obvious reasons.

lol. I agree with bedford though I was quite surprised when I went to visit my aunt in the US and found out that she kept a gun for her safety (at her husband's insistence). No issue with people having them to protect themselves, but I think America would be better off without them, for obvious reasons.
(quite sweary and rude, not for the easily offended)
Pretty much my thoughts on gun control as well. Hunting on the other hand, I think should be regulated where you can hunt through companies but that's a discussion for a different thread.

On the topic of good old cricket, I really hope Zimbabwe get up tomorrow

I have no sympathy for McGrath, particularly as he made the classic crisis management option of apologising straight away because people were upset, it smacks of insincerity. Apologise because/if you're sorry not because people found out and they're angry.

However, people agitating for the public to stop supporting foundations that he's involved with is asinine. McGrath appearing in those photos means that crucial funds that go towards having nurses all over Australia helping breast cancer patients should be curbed? Knee-jerk outrage is rarely ever helpful and social media is the avenue through which that outrage (and faux outrage in some cases) is most vocal and least thought-out.

People have lost their careers and have had lives ruined by posting and glorifying their hunting pictures online, its a strange thing.

Why , s**t bloke like S Waugh. How dumb.

I meant purely the reaction, put the hunting aside or wether he is a nice bloke, it was not illegal where he was wether we like it or not. It also was 6-7 years in the past and the reaction of some which includes wishing him dead or what have you is way over the top.

People liked the stories of him shooting wild pigs of course just not animals they like

Bit late here but I want to throw in that I feel sorry for Glenn McGrath as well. I had the pleasure of dealing with his wife (not Jane RIP) a little while back and let me just say that you would not want to have to go home to that every day... Honestly, I feel for him deeply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back